[MOD] FIX THE CALLER ID LAG [updated]

Guest tillaz

Guest dmalaquias

It is fcs for me when I try to dial pressing digits in the phone app. Ex: after one day open phone app and start pressing 01 blabla erase it the again... It starts lagging and after fc. Restarting contacts solves it though... Glad it works for you...

I've tried that now, and no FC, just lags a bit.

The stock+ has the v6 supercharge and the free ram is 100+mb..so this could be the solution lol

Guest cjcandrei

Made a second fix which should work better. Now android lets the contacts app fall through the oom priorities and when it kills it, cleaning it up, it will just restart the app... In this way contacts are refreshed. I'll post it tomorrow... Seems it is good this time... and I think the behaviour is more apropriate...

Guest tillaz

Anyone tried it on CM10.1 R2?

no, don't do that... its only for stock based ICS ROMs as it replaces the whole services.jar, whitch is from stock ICS

Guest cjcandrei

Here it is a second caller id lag fix which is more appropriate I think ... (for testing purposes):

Yeah, scrap this as well, just had a call without the name... Just use the original one and that's it. Beginner's luck...

Edited by cjcandrei

Guest Merwenus

After using for 2 days. Nothing changed but this caller id lag patch. But not 100% sure it is because of it, i will test it more)

1) Poweramp fc on start, and stopped working, and not just stopped working it entirely refused do reinstall.

2) Lightflow fc on start.

I am using Meija B9.1, and I will reinstall the rom today to see if this is the problem.

Guest mnirun

After using for 2 days. Nothing changed but this caller id lag patch. But not 100% sure it is because of it, i will test it more)

1) Poweramp fc on start, and stopped working, and not just stopped working it entirely refused do reinstall.

2) Lightflow fc on start.

I am using Meija B9.1, and I will reinstall the rom today to see if this is the problem.

I've found force close only for an apps that I use LuckyPatcher to patch for remove adds.

I need to re-patch it again and force close gone.

If you can't re-install an apps check for ODEX file. I've found if I uninstall app but forgot to remove ODEX I can't reinstall it again no matter what I try i.e. from apk sideload, Google Play.

Hope this help.

Guest Merwenus

Thank you, yeah found out how to reinstall with deleting odex file and now it is working, but my gf just called me, and didnt show picture/name, so i guess something is still not 100% with this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mnirun

This doesn't work on cm9 :-) too bad :-)

At the first time it doesn't work for me too but after I've tweak multitasking with Pimp my Rom I never face any Caller ID lag anymore.

PmR_01.gifPmR_02.gif

Guest denzele

No you can't use this ...you need root and cmw to use it...

Why do you need it anyway on stock rom ( either GB or ICS ) there no call id lag as far as I know....

Guest djuroue

No you can't use this ...you need root and cmw to use it...

I think that 99% of phones from modaco users are rooted and have installed CWM :P

I will try this pimp my rom thing, and after that i will try to catch caller id lag :) Thanks

Guest poluno4

Hello! I understand that NEw_caller_id_fix patch solves the problem with freezing when dialing on the phone(infusion b06)? Sorry for my english