Downgrade & upgrade from recovery

Guest jsevi83

Guest phyllocrania

Can I use the latest 4.3.1 CM 10.2 on 109808 baseband? I am on 2030 baseband running CM10.2. But this baseband is not getting well along with my mobile network provider it seems. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the_julo

Sounds like a spontaneous hardware (e.g. maybe main board?) failure as reported by others a few times?

I doubt that it was firmware/software changes that caused this - or that they can cause such a failure (short of overclocking to burnout or something like that!?)?

I can now unfortunately confirm that the it was not a coincidence. I sent my phone to get repaired, waited a month, got a new one on warranty.

And today, I decided I'd try this again, with the same results.

This time I followed instructions to the letter.

1/Wiped

2/Installed Upgrade to B952

3/Installed SlimBean Rom

4/Installed SlimBean gapps (aroma)

5/Rebooted

The whole phone is dead again.

The phone lights behing the buttons blink a few times, than disapear for ever.

No activity on the screen or on USB port (that Windows detect anyway).

I don't know if it's a combination of SlimBean and this trick (Or the fact that I wiped before installing it, but I thought that would be better) that causes my issue, but I definitely found a sure fire way of bricking the G300... :-(

Guest the_julo

Thanks dalyer, but I don't think that's is and I think I finally understood what my problem is. (although I am easily confused by all the terminology, so I might be wrong)

My phone was purchased in Australia and I never noticed that it comes with an unusual build number: B801. (Full build number: U8815-71V100R001C346B801)

There is no upgrade available from that build as far as I know.

Even the official Huawei update downloaded from their site only works on B934,B937, B939, B944, B946, B948, B951, B952. (according the the included PDF)

So the update.app method fails (even with the middle update), as does this method.

Did I get that right? Is that a possibility?

Guest the_julo

Thanks bidzapfc!
That link was not for my build (was for B893 or B900), but it made me realise that Huawei has other update packs than the one everybody talks about here.

People with my build (B801) should use:

http://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=14301

On a side note, I also realised that my Phone is a G300+, which is an updated version with  tri-band 3G.
The update gets me to build B948, so I am completely off topic, as you kids are switching from B895 to B952.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

The update gets me to build B948, so I am completely off topic, as you kids are switching from B895 to B952.

This thread is not specifically for going from B895 to B952 or vice versa.

Guest the_julo

I thought it was.
OP does mention these two builds.

Well, if it isn't I can confirm that flashing the upgrade ZIP on a build B801 will brick the phone.

Sorry - I see what you mean about B895 and B952 in the original post.

I am surprised that flashing the upgrade zip would brick a B801 phone.

Is it a hard brick - i.e. not recoverable or just something that can be rectified by flashing a suitable update.app (and, if necessary, middle package to get from A to B)?

Guest the_julo

Yep. Hard brick.
No activity on the screen or USB port.

Note that exactly the same thing happens when on the official Huawei ICS and trying to use the BootloaderG300.exe
Just like this guy: http://www.modaco.com/topic/363175-g300-unlock-bootloader-brick/

I'm on my third g300+ phone now and am too scared to try and unlock the bootloader after the ICS upgrade.

The method described here seems safe enough, but not willing to try without confirmation.

The DCunlocker method should be identical to doing an official unlock using the Huawei code.

But if you're still nervous then get an official unlock code from Huawei and follow the official unlock tutorial thread.

Or just stick with a stock ROM and the locked bootloader.

• 4 weeks later...

If I flash the DOWNGRADE TO GB zip, in what baseband it will be? 2030 or 109808? 

Thanks ;)

109808 aka "the GB baseband".

Edited by dalyer

109808 aka "the GB baseband".

hmm, ok, thanks ;)

btw, i read somewhere that i could change the gb baseband (109808) to the ics baseband (2030), can someone upload that file? :s

What exactly do you want to do?

Are you on the GB/109808 baseband right now?

What ROM are you running?

Can't you install the upgrade zip to go to the 2030 baseband on your current ROM?

What exactly do you want to do?

Are you on the GB/109808 baseband right now?

What ROM are you running?

Can't you install the upgrade zip to go to the 2030 baseband on your current ROM?

Im sorry, I didn't explained very well...

In gingerbread the baseband is 109808, but there is a way to change that baseband in gb to the 2030...

some ROM's GB, requires the 2030, and i would like to change the original baseband, to the 2030 :s

If you can't help me, don't worry, its just a doubt, i made what i wanted to do :)

Thanks for your help ;)

Edited by Z3NG3R

Which GB ROM requires the 2030 baseband?

Flash the upgrade zip to install the 2030 baseband.

Not sure if you can keep running your ROM after doing this or need to reinstall?

Always backup before doing anything.

• 2 months later...
Guest byczasty

Hey. I Have a one question. Im installing this from cwm, my rom is stock + and how i must do correctly? Im do this that im first install zip with baseband and at once im installing rom for example im install atomicmod. But always im stuck on logo screen, im trying with other rom but with the same reason.

Guest dalyer

Can you clarify exactly what you are installing here?

You have Stock+.

What baseband?

Then you presumably install the downgrade zip?

And then AtomicMod?

And then you have problems?
Did you do a clean install of the ROM will all wipes and formats?

I know I once went from Stock+/2030 baseband to AtomicMod/19808 baseband via the downgrade zip and it all worked fine.

But I always do all wipes and formats when installing a new ROM

Hope this helps.

Guest byczasty

Yep i have 2030 baseband and im want install atomicmod with 19808 so i need that zip file to downgrade baseband. On the description they writing that the baseband have cwm so at te beginning im install zip and restart my phone with push volume+ and it freeze at logo screen. I have exacly the same problem when i install baseband zip and then rom with the same result. Im not sure if that time i do all wipes. I try again if that not work i will write you.

Yep ill do all wipes, and im stuck on logo screen. So always i must install update.app that my phone work. Im do this from stock rom 4.0 now btw.

Edited by byczasty

Guest dalyer

I don't know why it's not working for you.

That exact process worked for me before - i.e. Stock+ ICS on 2030 -> downgrade zip -> AtomicMod.

:|

Guest byczasty

Finally!! I found the solution. I restore GB method with the imiei hack tool. They cost me 2 day with the method tries and mistakes. I dont know why other method doesnt work but i resolve the solution.