[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

Guest Aceion

Ok, rom worked very good 2 days and now suddenly no network at all. It just happened, I did nothing. Tried to restart but no result.

Now it came back after 5-10minutes.

Why is this happening? My bootloader is unlocked official btw

Guest Aceion

Maybe nobody noticed that because it lasted for just few minutes.

And I can't be sure, maybe it was actual network problem. We'll se if it happen again.

Guest TangerineTractor

All working well for me, nice and smooth.

Would still love to be able to remove that traffic summary on the notification tray though....

All working well for me, nice and smooth.

Would still love to be able to remove that traffic summary on the notification tray though....

would you favour this one over stock+ i am using supreme emotion and find great so no hurry to change over. whats your daily rom at the moment, you seem to have tried few new ones?

Guest TangerineTractor

would you favour this one over stock+ i am using supreme emotion and find great so no hurry to change over. whats your daily rom at the moment, you seem to have tried few new ones?

Since I got my bootloader unlocked, I've been playing...

I liked slim 3 (4.12) a lot, but got significant lags on wakeup.

Standard CM10.1 is good but can lag up after heavy use, and ovccasionaly loses data and needs rebooting.

The other new 10.1 roms are ok, but somehow just don;t do it for me.

Latest Baidu is nice, but the traffic summarybugs me and so do the spelling mistakes all over the place. I managed to totally break it earlier this morning.

Tesla was just a bit ropey for me.

When all is said and done, nothing is better than Stock+ (or ICS Slimv11) - both are as fast as anything else, have as good or better battery than anything else, and are the most stable in daily use. I'm currently back on Stock+, overclocked to 1152 - the only things I miss are the 4.2.2 Daydream funtionality, and the ability to delete emails directly from the notification tray without opening them.

Since I got my bootloader unlocked, I've been playing...

I liked slim 3 (4.12) a lot, but got significant lags on wakeup.

Standard CM10.1 is good but can lag up after heavy use, and ovccasionaly loses data and needs rebooting.

The other new 10.1 roms are ok, but somehow just don;t do it for me.

Latest Baidu is nice, but the traffic summarybugs me and so do the spelling mistakes all over the place. I managed to totally break it earlier this morning.

Tesla was just a bit ropey for me.

When all is said and done, nothing is better than Stock+ (or ICS Slimv11) - both are as fast as anything else, have as good or better battery than anything else, and are the most stable in daily use. I'm currently back on Stock+, overclocked to 1152 - the only things I miss are the 4.2.2 Daydream funtionality, and the ability to delete emails directly from the notification tray without opening them.

thanks for your review, i was on stock+ but decided i needed a change so went to emotion which seems pretty good, now waiting on something better that's going to beat stock+

Guest dakok

Interesting situation at Anzhi :D

They deleted my topic for pOcHa v29 rom (and left previous one, v28 :blink:)

Funny thing is that they make their own topic of every single modaco rom (even those "copied" from anzhi sometimes)

and they remained silent for your v29 :ph34r:

Nevertheless, I was advertising it a little today and fswfsw decided to make another Baidu v29 c8812 port.

http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-7155014-1-1.html[/CODE]

he had some problems with camera but fixed it with a little help from ZJL.

Rom is a pure rom, without extra stuff (probably pOcHa influence :D)

Guest pOcHa

well i guess they prefer baidu services over google ones, and want to keep the untranslated chinese apps i always remove... so it's not a conspiracy after all ;-)

Guest kyoiorikof97

hi.....pocha...thanx to share everything...

i tried everything but baidu yi v2 v19 rom is most stable & performing wise rom for gaming and other apps...i installed this rom few days later but unfortunately he has been deleted by me...but now i finding this rom i coudnt find anywhere so please pocha this is request to you plz give me a link for this...LOL...

Guest pOcHa

sorry, don't have it anymore... why don't you use the much newer versions from my signature (just below this text)?

Edited by pOcHa

Guest predragiPredrag

pOcHa, can you tell me the diff between stable and beta...major diff at least :)

because V29 fells sluggish at times :) but it is the best rom from performance

and stability point of view :) thanks for updating it regularly :)

P.S. Can you use Baidu music player in next release? Afcors If it has english version.

Edited by predragiPredrag

Guest arturob

The rom is quite smooth and very nice I have to say (Somber theme :) ) - thanks! :-)

2 nice features:

- call recording button during phone call

- Antidisturbance mode

few (rather small) bugs I found:

- during setup (after 1st boot) you can't choose time zone (you can change it later), the scroll menu is empty

- in lockscreen operator logo overlap battery & signal icons (in upper right corner)

- in lockscreen, the search bar graphic it's part of it, even though I don't have search bar on the main screen (desktop..)

- in TitaniumBackup: Batch actions - some of the menu entries "flickers", are blured - kind of funny effect ;>

Could somebody advise me with anti-ads solution, please! Sth light but efficient :-)

Cheers!

Guest hippy dave

The Hot Word Search lockscreen has the search bar, try changing it to Slide.

AdAway is good, just changes your hosts file and doesn't need to run in the background. It's not on the Play store any more so Google for its official site.

Guest predragiPredrag

- during setup (after 1st boot) you can't choose time zone (you can change it later), the scroll menu is empty

- in lockscreen operator logo overlap battery & signal icons (in upper right corner)

- in lockscreen, the search bar graphic it's part of it, even though I don't have search bar on the main screen (desktop..)

1. I didn't had that issue,

2. I had that issue in V28, in V29 everything is OK,

3. Yes that is the problem with hot word search lockscreen, use slide/pattern or whatever :D

btw phone is slow when you use it after deep sleep... maybe kernel needs little attention ;)

Edited by predragiPredrag

Guest pOcHa

pOcHa, can you tell me the diff between stable and beta...major diff at least :)

P.S. Can you use Baidu music player in next release? Afcors If it has english version.

nothing major, but a ton of little touchups (see the changes link)... and no, there's no english baidu music player - but you can use the one from the old bruno's multilingual version

Could somebody advise me with anti-ads solution, please! Sth light but efficient :-)

there is already an adds filter in settings -> security

btw phone is slow when you use it after deep sleep... maybe kernel needs little attention ;)

don't have that myself, are you maybe using the custom kernel?

Guest arturob

Thanks hippy dave and predragiPredrag.

I found this as AdAway solution: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2190753

And indeed, it was enough to change "Lockscreen style" - to get a rid of operator name and search bar!

The only downside is that I can't set the Somber theme wallpaper for the Lockscreen as well - it's not in the menu.

Maybe I could put it somewhere manually to have it available? Don't know the location...

Anyway - thanks a lot :-)

PS

pOcHa - I didn't know about this Ad Filter - I will check it now. Thx!

Guest hippy dave

Try changing that lockscreen setting to Theme.

I've always had that time zone problem with the blank list during first boot, in every version of Baidu that I've tried I think. I guess it doesn't get reported on the Chinese forums or it probably would have been fixed by now.

Guest predragiPredrag

don't have that myself, are you maybe using the custom kernel?

Nope only stock :) I did modify rom little bit, only removed some apps and added preferred apps :)

And I cannot remember but I think I implemented new JB adreno drivers :)

Guest pOcHa

pOcHa - I didn't know about this Ad Filter - I will check it now. Thx!

the rom is figuratively littered with custom settings - it has almost every basic function you would usually need 3rd party apps for

you can enable "flip the phone to mute the incoming call" in dialer settings, make tts voice anounce the caller or sender ,popup messages, etc... almost every single app has additional features in its options

Edited by pOcHa