[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

Guest predragiPredrag

To be honest they need to improve memory management. Because when I am listening to the music, and using Baidu browser to open one page,

music player shuts down because browser uses all of RAM... :(

Guest pOcHa

it's the browser, it uses a lot of ram - but it plays flash videos better than any other, there's no lag with controls at all, even in fullscreen

i always include it for completeness sake, but try opera mobile instead as it is the best one all around...

Edited by pOcHa

Guest predragiPredrag

it's the browser, it uses a lot of ram - but it plays flash videos better than any other, there's no lag with controls at all, even in fullscreen

i always include it for completeness sake, but try opera mobile instead as it is the best one all around...

Opera mobile also showed signs of high RAM usage, I am using Opera Mini, and everything fly :)

Guest kyoiorikof97

hi pocha...

please help me...

i've installed baidu v4 stable and oc'ed with omegaman kernel but bluetooth unavailable...

Guest jpbroad1970

Hi

im enjoying this rom as i find it the best available for my useage ,i just have one query on the stock weather app i can only get london or loads of chinese cities

i know its nothing important but i would like to get it fuctioning or am i better finding another one

Guest pOcHa

Can u post the change log?

as always, just click the changes link in the first post...

i've installed baidu v4 stable and oc'ed with omegaman kernel but bluetooth unavailable...

why didn't you use the OC kernel from the addons? it's the only one that works

im enjoying this rom as i find it the best available for my useage ,i just have one query on the stock weather app i can only get london or loads of chinese cities

i know its nothing important but i would like to get it fuctioning or am i better finding another one

yes, just use another one if your city is not there - i can recommend GO Weather Ex

Guest kyoiorikof97

hey..pocha thanx to reply me....

but can you tell me which configuration will be best for me...

scheduler?

governer?

frequency?

i am a gamer...

i am gonna to try baidu v30

Guest pOcHa

i don't use a custom kernel myself - but baidu is the best rom for games even without it...

for OC settings search the forum, there are a lot of discussions about it

Guest remond

Hey Pocha

Is there a way to get rid of chinese news (or whatever it is) on the default lock screen?

I guess that the easiest way would be to download theme which has different lockscreen but i really don't like any of them :unsure:

Anyways this rom is superb so far!

Thanks

Guest arturob

v30...

I think it's even smoother/faster than v29, or maybe it just a feeling...

New weather widget - ugly, and buggy - for London showed 0°, tried 2 times; had to come back to "weather bz"

New dialer is not really good. I know it's more complex now (and with some interesting options), but usually we need sth straightforward. There is not even alphabetic list for quick jump... (or am I wrong?) :/

Anyway I'm gonna keep it for a while - thanks a lot pOcHa! :-)

Guest pOcHa

Is there a way to get rid of chinese news (or whatever it is) on the default lock screen?

in the settings choose slide

New weather widget - ugly, and buggy - for London showed 0°, tried 2 times; had to come back to "weather bz"

New dialer is not really good. I know it's more complex now (and with some interesting options), but usually we need sth straightforward. There is not even alphabetic list for quick jump... (or am I wrong?) :/

the weather widget was unremovable in this version, so i left the weather app as well - i knew it was limited to only a few world cities, but didn't know that it was only accurate for chinese ones...

don't like the new dialer as well, but didn't have time to play with it - use contacts instead? nope, it's "integrated" as well... will make an addon with the old style dialer, contacts and messages

UPDATE: uploading now, you can find it in the addons (same link as rom) - it's untested, so please report back

Edited by pOcHa

Guest kyoiorikof97

gr8t...gr8t...gr8888888888888888...t...rom v30

UI is very fantastic make your phone more stylish & different from other...

Weather widget is awesome...with live effect...

performane is very excellent...i am gamer...like to play every games HD...no lag...

thanx a lot Pocha...to upload a treasure...

Guest arturob

new dialer uploading now, you can find it in the addons (same link as rom) - it's untested, so please report back

it's not working (app is missing error).

when cache wiped, there is no gsm signal...

Guest pOcHa

without a logcat that doesn't help at all, sorry...

you have to reflash the rom, or restore a backup of the phone.apk, contacts.apk and mms.apk (and their .odex counterparts)

Guest pOcHa

yes, that was quite helpful, thank you - the latest framework changed too much, so the old apps need to be deodexed with the previous version, so that they no longer depend on it... will reupload the addon later

Guest pOcHa

reuploaded the old style Dialer, Contacts and Messages addon - wipe cache and dalvik before flashing

should work now - but please report back