[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

Guest remond

reuploaded the old style Dialer, Contacts and Messages addon - wipe cache and dalvik before flashing

should work now - but please report back

Everything works fine except for messaging app. It still says application is not installed...

logcat.txt

Guest pOcHa

sorry, but I couldn't find anything helpful in that logcat - did it run when you tried to open the messages app? (btw, logcat app is easier to use)

anyway, maybe there was an error when I deodexed it (i did it in bulk, so it might have sliped past me) - so i reuploaded redeodexed addon

Edited by pOcHa

Guest pOcHa

I added the requested old Sound Profiles Widget / Toggles under the same link as the rom... also the official Baidu Backup & Restore fix

Guest remond

sorry, but I couldn't find anything helpful in that logcat - did it run when you tried to open the messages app? (btw, logcat app is easier to use)

anyway, maybe there was an error when I deodexed it (i did it in bulk, so it might have sliped past me) - so i reuploaded redeodexed addon

This new one seems to be working fine... thanks

Guest arturob

I have no prob with call screens, remond.

More over I can use "hot word search" locker (carrier logo appear correct), but it was different lockscr wallpaper after 1st boot, and different when I came back to original theme...

Eveything is more less ok, only new installed/restored apps have "new" badge in Chinese ;-),

and phone is slightly less responsive (e.g. when you press "apps" button they all appear after like 1-2 sec).

I have installed (in order)

-rom v30

-SoundProfilesWidget..

-OldStyleDialer..

-V6SuperCharger

Thx pOcHa for old dialer!

post-987260-0-26103000-1372414743_thumb.

post-987260-0-96609800-1372414743_thumb.

Guest pOcHa

Eveything is more less ok, only new installed/restored apps have "new" badge in Chinese ;-),

and phone is slightly less responsive (e.g. when you press "apps" button they all appear after like 1-2 sec).

i'll check the resources for that new chinese word in the next release (didn't notice it before, was it there in earlier versions?)

and i'm also not very keen on that new launcher as well - do you want me to make and addon with the previous one (i will need catlogs)?

Guest pOcHa

So there is actually one problem with the incoming call screen. You can still answer/cancel calls but it's all messed up.

I've attached logcat (hope it will be helpful this time).

sorry, couldn't find what the problem was - it must have something to do with the themes... there are two types of lockscreens in themes, try choosing the other one?

Guest remond

sorry, couldn't find what the problem was - it must have something to do with the themes... there are two types of lockscreens in themes, try choosing the other one?

It has nothing to do with lockscreen themes but flashing original phone app worked for me.

phone.zip

Guest remond

by original you mean form the previous or this version? and your dialer is old-style?

By original I mean the one from v30. And yes my dialer is old-style.

Guest Tentmaster

I cannot set APN in this rom. When I enter my carrier's settings and hit Save, nothing happens :( .

Pocha, where are you ???????

Guest pOcHa

By original I mean the one from v30. And yes my dialer is old-style.

that's very strange... ok, then I'll just remove the deodexed old version from the addon

spanish language someday on baidu roms? :( brunoblack not 100% translated

baidu has a new version every two weeks, and most of the framework and apps change drastically between them (this is not a custom rom which just reuses the same stock originals in every release) - so only someone paid to do it would continue bothering with it... (consider offering a donation first)

Pocha, where are you ???????

since only a few individuals have that problem - you would have to provide a logcat, as it can't be reproduced otherwise...

Edited by pOcHa

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markowic

You're the king pOcHa. You're a quick update theme customized rom v31, and in the morning it came out. praise! :D

What are your experiences with the V31? Where can I download the lock screen? I want to have the screen lock like the V27 stable. Please :blush:

I have another very important question ?

noticed issue caller id for some contacts not present when receiving call no name displayed when someone calls and send me sms?a solution?

Edited by markowic

Guest pOcHa

i don't use the lockscreen myself, so don't know how it used to look like - but you do know that you can change it's type in settings? also, you can change it's look in themes, almost every theme has it's own lockscreen, and there are hundreds to download...

do the contacts without a name have a country calling code or not - and is it opposite for those with caller id?

Guest arturob

Thank you pOcHa, again!

v.31 overall seems to be ok, weather widget is still useless (0° in London today :-) ), dialer is not perfect, but you can get used to...

I tend to install Holo locker, and that's it.

don't have caller id lag, I think v.30 was the worst, good is gone now ;-)

pOcHa, could you possibly find the download link for Eleanor by joker_dc theme (at the bottom), it just redirect to the gallery... where can we gei it? Please!

Cheers!

Guest markowic

do the contacts without a name have a country calling code or not - and is it opposite for those with caller id?

all contacts that have the country code does not show names, but those who have the country code show name. Do I have in front of each number in the contacts that I enter the country code, or do you have another solution?? : (

Guest pOcHa

dialer is not perfect, but you can get used to...

pOcHa, could you possibly find the download link for Eleanor by joker_dc theme (at the bottom), it just redirect to the gallery... where can we gei it? Please!

Cheers!

there is an old-style dialer addon in the first post

and they probably added that theme in the online tab of the themes app

all contacts that have the country code does not show names, but those who have the country code show name. Do I have in front of each number in the contacts that I enter the country code, or do you have another solution?? : (

don't have that problem, so can't help you, sorry... try backuping, deleting and then restoring the contacts