[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

well it should be, but since no one still knows what exactly causes them to fail on android V4.3+ (baidu started using some KitKat memory optimizations) - I simply can't absolutely guarantee that for certain, but a lot of people would be complaining by now on baidu forum if it did

Ok thanks for response but I'll kept for now on stock + R6, until someone confirms. I have already sent a phone to the service and would not again.  :)

Guest predragiPredrag

Ok thanks for response but I'll kept for now on stock + R6, until someone confirms. I have already sent a phone to the service and would not again.  :)

You will not have problem with hynix memory, mine g300 is from that series. Also hynix problem is present only in 4.4 rom, because of new kernel.

I was using all baidu roms before V43, and I will try it over weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paddyponchero

Working great after full wiping and flashing third time with twrp, first flash wouldn't boot, second said successful then twrp told me there was no os .. very odd. Never had these kind of issue before.

Might have got to the bottom of this, just installed on another g300, first time twrp said the rom wansn't rooted and offered to install super su I accepted, phone didn't boot. Then reinstalled without formatting and it boots perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this safe for Hynix memory?

nobody complained so far, but be aware that newer versions of CWM are supposedly not Hynix safe...

Might have got to the bottom of this, just installed on another g300, first time twrp said the rom wansn't rooted and offered to install super su I accepted, phone didn't boot. Then reinstalled without formatting and it boots perfectly.

the rom is already rooted, no need for a third party app, but native root permissions are disabled by default - enable them in settings -> security -> root permission settings

first post updated with the latest beta V44...

Guest cjcandrei

My impressions so far: Very good rom. It works better with the kernel from slimrom V13 (I think this kernel is compiled with linaro tools and it is more optimized, also oc works with it and also gps). Root access is very fishy (it doesn't popup for every app that requests it, for link2sd it doesnt work). Graphics are slow for lockscreen (if you set it after you boot first time, if you leave it like it is and never touch it then it works ok) and when you slide from notifications to tiles (very choppy animation)...

Worst thing is I cannot get root for some applications, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. And another thing. I tried to restore backed up applications with titanium and also with GoBackup. Again restoration is a hit and miss. Sometimes it does work, sometimes it doesn't. I don't know what triggers them to function properly ... I'm waiting for the next version, maybe these will be solved ...

Thanks for your work.

Edited by cjcandrei

Guest paddyponchero

My impressions so far: Very good rom. It works better with the kernel from slimrom V13 (I think this kernel is compiled with linaro tools and it is more optimized, also oc works with it and also gps). Root access is very fishy (it doesn't popup for every app that requests it, for link2sd it doesnt work). Graphics are slow for lockscreen (if you set it after you boot first time, if you leave it like it is and never touch it then it works ok) and when you slide from notifications to tiles (very choppy animation)...

Worst thing is I cannot get root for some applications, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. And another thing. I tried to restore backed up applications with titanium and also with GoBackup. Again restoration is a hit and miss. Sometimes it does work, sometimes it doesn't. I don't know what triggers them to function properly ... I'm waiting for the next version, maybe these will be solved ...

Thanks for your work.

Same issue with root here but I've stuck with the rom as its still the best one available. The lockscreen thing I think was the chinese crap on it trying to update from the internet and the laucher is slow.

Change the lockscreen to pattern and the launcher to nova and no problems now. 

Guest cjcandrei

Also I've seen a file in the zip named wormhole.conf. I don't know what it does but with the chinese you never know. I've changed all the addreses there to 127.0.0.1. We should be able to block the lockscreen to update over the internet just by putting an address into hosts to point to 127.0.0.1, but I don't know what address. Probably baidu something ...

Oh yeah and forgot to mention. With the kernel from slimrom V13 it works much smoother, but bluetooth does not function with it. Maybe someone can compile bruno's kernel with linaro tools, it will produce a much smoother experience ...

Edited by cjcandrei

Guest pOcHa

cyanogenmod has usage reporting as well, but I already removed all such apps from baidu, so relax

for bluetooth, try removing this line in /system/build.prop:

ro.baidu.bt.chiptype=bcm_huawei

restart and report back if it helped..

Guest cjcandrei

I'll do this in the weekend on my father's phone. I do not have the rom installed on mine. I'll report back if it worked. Thanks pOcHa.

Guest paddyponchero

Is there a seperate package for the v13 kernel?

Just installed with fastboot, it certainly flys along, bluetooth still broken with pocha tweak.

Edited by paddyponchero

Guest paddyponchero

Is there a seperate package for the v13 kernel?

Just installed with fastboot, it certainly flys along, bluetooth still broken with pocha tweak.

It does at least seem to attempt enabling with pochas tweak, with the bcm huawei setting it just gives:

I//system/bin/bluetoothd( 1513): bluetoothd[1514]: external/bluetooth/bluez/plugins/hciops.c:init_known_adapters()
E/BluetoothEventLoop.cpp(  294): get_adapter_path: D-Bus error: org.bluez.Error.NoSuchAdapter (No such adapter)
E/BluetoothEventLoop.cpp(  294): failure setting up Event Loop!

Guest cjcandrei

Sucks it doesn't work ... Maybe if we replace the /system/bin/bluetoothd binary ... and the libs ... with the ones from slimrom ... Could work.

Edited by cjcandrei

Guest pOcHa

yes, I hoped that baidu left the old bluetooth driver files intact, but it seems that you will have to copy over the ones from the slimrom...

but first try with the attached ones below (using the build.prop fix from above) - warning, not tested:

BlueTooth.zip

Guest remond

Same issue with root here but I've stuck with the rom as its still the best one available. The lockscreen thing I think was the chinese crap on it trying to update from the internet and the laucher is slow.

Change the lockscreen to pattern and the launcher to nova and no problems now. 

Instead of that ugly pattern lockscreen you can use theme called 本色 and the lockscreen will look like this. (font is from another theme called Faint fragrance)

post-1008250-0-35277700-1394218558_thumb

Guest cjcandrei

Hi, if I try to download a screen lock I always get download failed ... so I cannot change it. One question. This rom seems very interesting, it has its bugs, will there be any update to it? Is baidu still developping for g300? Thanks.

If the answer is yes, then I guess I'll be installing one more time on my phone and try to make it work with the kernel from V13 (replacing the bluetooth libs) ...

Edited by cjcandrei

Guest cjcandrei

That for the answer pOcHa. With the normal kernel, yeah it looks good but it is much slower than with the one from slimrom. Waiting patiently with the update then. Thanks again.

Edited by cjcandrei

Guest predragiPredrag

pOcHa can you somehow give those guys from baidu forum link to slim kernel, so maybe they could extract good things from it and make baidu better :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cjcandrei

I've tried the zip for the bluetooth. It's a no go. Also tried replacing more bluetooth libs. Phone frozed. I'll remain on tillaz b592 for now. This one is fast but it has memory leaks... Thanks