Ask MoDaCo: the HTC One

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest wontcachme

1. Yes!

2. Coming up!

3. I'll measure for you...

P

Thank you :). After last nights "big unveil" im even more certain one of these beauty's will be ordered.

Guest tenshi888

Hi Paul, how's the multitasking? I usually like to leave my Skype open in the background and with my One X it would usually shut it down after some time. It was such a deal breaker I sold the phone! Have they changed that "feature" in the One?

Guest Scottland

Not that i'm aware of...

P

Damn, thats a shame. One thing I really like about "Vanilla" is that lots of apps can use the locksreen controls :s

Guest Len Ash

The Led is in the speaker grille but nice and bright and clear. I'll try the radio and let you know! :-)

P

Hi - any news on the FM Radio "quality" yet? Cheers.

Guest PaulOBrien

Listening to it right now. Loud, bassy, but, well, it sounds like FM at the end of the day...? :)

I quite like the way there's a Soundhound button that can search for a song as it's playing on the radio.

P

Guest kingkenny07

Hi Paul

could tell me whats the videos like on the One videos like youtube and bbc iplayer my last htc which was a htc one x the videos were always blocky

many thanks

kingkenny07

Guest Aetherion

Hi Paul,

Sense always has Scenes and Skins menu under Personalization settings, which basically customize the look and feel of the UI. But in Sense 5.0, they remove those options. Do you use those options often before Sense 5? What do you think of the removal of these options?

Thanks.

Guest jigjags

Hi Paul,

What social media can you plug into Blinkfeed..? is it just Facebook/Twitter or can you add Instagram Google+ etc..?

Cheers

Rick

Guest ALAIN01UK

Help! I have just bought the amazing HTC One yesterday and have a problem when listening to music through the (supplied) headphones. The music seems to stutter all the time and randomly skips to different tracks which makes listening to music through the default player impossible, It only seems to happen when I put the phone in my pocket or if you shake it slightly (is there a 'shake' feature to jump to the next track?). I think I may be able to use the Google Player app instead but just need to know if there is a setting I may be overlooking or if this sounds like a definite fault? Also, when I plug in my headphones, the phone sometimes switches to the Google Now voice command, thinking I'm saying something and just cuts out the music. Any help would be very much appreciated...

Guest jigjags

p.s Asda doing a deal with a htc media link and the official case for £499 seems like a good deal ...i'll flog the media link on ebay for £40 ish

Guest 00Mark

Voila. :)

P

usbstorageone.jpg

1. Is this some kind or error, or did you really plug a 16MB memory stick in?

2. Do you know when 4.2 might arrive?

Guest Scottland

Paul - any idea if you can get rid of the "Power Saver" notification?

I've stopped the power app from running manually, but the option to uncheck "display notifications" is greyed out :(