Ask MoDaCo: the HTC One

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Scottland

Cool - thanks Paul. It only arrived this morning so I'm still playing :)

Not even looked into Root yet :P

Edited by Scottland

Guest Scottland

Only via mobile network it seems, via WiFi it will revert to HD. Same sim card I have been using before on my GN - so not carrier related?

Guest Radicalz38

Hi paul! Would like to ask what do you think about this one?

The reviewee said it's something like the iphone. Is your black HTC One this fragile also? Do you already experience this?

HTC-One_23.jpg

Guest Du22ty

Hey Paul! I've obviously seen the new clock widget. I've also heard friend stream is gone.. what widgets made the cut? Also, is there a new live wallpaper?

Thanks.

Guest trishmac

Been playing with it for 4 hours and only just found out how to access recently opened apps :blink: d'oh :P :blush:

n.b not a huge fan of the stock gallery app. Is there a way to just have your own pics and not all your social media friends pics too? it looks like another Blinkfeed in there lol :mellow: oops....ignore that.. > :blush: < obvious setting :P

Edited by trishmac

Guest masterpfa

After reading the Verge review and seeing other previews I have the following comments and questions.

Camera

Takes low light shots that the iPhone 5 couldn't - bonus

Verge say "Shots only good enough for Facebook and instagram" - so what, i'm not taking pictures to print on 2 foot high canvas, I have a 'proper' camera for that. You will never get brilliant shots in a smartphone, simple. I think people are forgetting that if you want good pictures, you need a dLSR or similar and are expecting miracles that defy physics with a tiny lens and sensor. Some realism please. ;)

Price

£519 sim-free.....ouch, how can anyone possibly spend 500 quid for this when a 16gn Nexus 4 is just £279? What makes the £240 difference worth it?

My two exact points, when I feel the need to justify the purchase of my Nexus 4 to those considering any other high end smartphone, but then again, since the Nexus 1, buy my phones off contract, SIM Free and will continue where I can (others may not be able to, this I accept)

Guest masterpfa

Been playing with it for 4 hours and only just found out how to access recently opened apps :blink: d'oh :P :blush:

n.b not a huge fan of the stock gallery app. Is there a way to just have your own pics and not all your social media friends pics too? it looks like another Blinkfeed in there lol :mellow:

Hi trishmac

Have you ditched your Nexus 4 already??????

:wacko: :blink: :unsure:

Guest trishmac

Hi trishmac

Have you ditched your Nexus 4 already??????

:wacko: :blink: :unsure:

Yep.. Afraid so.. The charging and signal issues were driving me crazy lol :P I upgraded early to the One.. And happy.. hopefully..now ;-) x

Guest zakishaker
Yep.. Afraid so.. The charging and signal issues were driving me crazy lol :P I upgraded early to the One.. And happy.. hopefully..now ;-) x

can I ask you how the battery life compares to the Nexus 4?

Guest masterpfa

I can understand that, hoping the HTC One is proving to be the phone you need. I have had a hands on and it's one of the few non Nexus devices I would seriously consider.

Guest trishmac

I can understand that, hoping the HTC One is proving to be the phone you need. I have had a hands on and it's one of the few non Nexus devices I would seriously consider.

Hi :) thanks. I absolutely love it! HTC all the way :P

Waiting on my Barely There case coming , hopefully tomorrow, and I won't be so scared to take it out lol :blush:

Guest trishmac

can I ask you how the battery life compares to the Nexus 4?

Hi..I find it much the same as the Nexus 4 so far..but I should know better after it has had a few charging cycles :)

Guest Arival

Hi..I find it much the same as the Nexus 4 so far..but I should know better after it has had a few charging cycles :)

I'm finding it slightly worse than the n4 had been since the last update, but better than the n4 used to be.

The default auto brightness is also a lot brighter than the nexus in the same light, and I have a feeling that if the nexus was set this bright it wouldn't last anywhere near as long.

Guest ogdobber

hey paul, did a quick search and saw no mention of it...Does google wallet work on the M7?

*edit

ok saw your post...but with a s-on device it isn't working.

htc what are you doing? unlocked, unbranded but s-on?

Edited by ogdobber

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr Mixalot

I really want this but I also love my Modaco'd Nexus 4, I can afford both handsets but cannot justify having 2 top phones, besides the wife will kill me no doubt, club me to death with her iPhone 4S

Decisions......Decisions!!!!