[CM 7.2] CM7 Remix - V4c

Guest Master_T

Guest Master_T

Excuse me for offtop.

Master_T, please tell me what weather widget is used on the first screenshot, and what launcher you use (reflection icons)?

Thank you for answer :)

The launcher is the one included in the ROM, just have to play around with the options to get the reflection, I don't remember which option exactly.

Widget is "Go Weather EX", it's free on the Play Store.

Also, just noticed that there is an annoying bug that doesn't let you update "calculator" and "play music" from market (sorry, my fault, messed around with the signatures while making the rom). I will release a fixed version tomorrow, but you can fix it yourself if you already installed the rom by just removing those 2 apps with Link2sd and re-downloading them from market if you want.

Edited by Master_T

Guest Master_T

V3b is up, just reverts Music and Calculator to stock, due to the updating problems I mentioned in the previous post, no other changes.

Guest winlinwcn

did this V3b ROM fixed the GPS Problem on V2 ?

I have installed the wakelock patch but I can still see GPS applications like google map and satellite locator ... draining my battery.

any help???

Guest Daimao94

LiquidParts app is strange. Now, I only have the "Tweaks" category, not Swap or SVS...

I'm gonna try to reinstall the ROM and if doesn't work, I will install LiquidNext's apk from V2.

Guest Master_T

LiquidParts app is strange. Now, I only have the "Tweaks" category, not Swap or SVS...

I'm gonna try to reinstall the ROM and if doesn't work, I will install LiquidNext's apk from V2.

That is normal! I removed the other 2 tabs because:

1)A2sd tab was useless, since this rom uses Link2sd

2)Voltages tab is now useless, since the rom comes pre-tweaked with the optimal voltages for overclock (if for some reason you don't like the pre-set voltages you can always set them manually with Incredicontrol app from market).

did this V3b ROM fixed the GPS Problem on V2 ?

I have installed the wakelock patch but I can still see GPS applications like google map and satellite locator ... draining my battery.

any help???

Again... I don't think you understood correctly what the GPS wakelock fix is. Let me explain it better: all the other CM7 roms have a kernel bug that causes the phone to not go into deep sleep (power saving) mode after an app has used the GPS, even if the app is now closed and you manually turn off the GPS. The V3 rom (or the fix pack on V1/v2 roms) fixes this.

This fix does NOT interfere with apps that normally use the GPS like Google Maps, so it is normal that while using such apps battery will drain fast, nothing can change that, the gps antenna is simply a big power drainer.

Guest winlinwcn

Again... I don't think you understood correctly what the GPS wakelock fix is. Let me explain it better: all the other CM7 roms have a kernel bug that causes the phone to not go into deep sleep (power saving) mode after an app has used the GPS, even if the app is now closed and you manually turn off the GPS. The V3 rom (or the fix pack on V1/v2 roms) fixes this.

This fix does NOT interfere with apps that normally use the GPS like Google Maps, so it is normal that while using such apps battery will drain fast, nothing can change that, the gps antenna is simply a big power drainer.

ok thanks for your explanation, but I thought the problem is related to wakelock Issue , because my phone doesn't go to deepsleep .

here is the a summary of my problem , if anyone has a fix

I fully charged my battery

opened google map and GPS for 10 seconds, and then turned them off,

checked" the battery use" it was " Google map used 5%"

I turned off the screen and checked after 10 minutes it says " google map used 10%"

so anyone know how to fix this , I have the same problem with All GPS applications .

Edited by winlinwcn

I flashed this today and it's awesome! However I have 2 questions:

1. What do I do if i want to enable swap? Some games need it to start up as 256MB ram just doesn't cut it.

2. Can I flash DSPManager into this without problems?

Guest Master_T

I flashed this today and it's awesome! However I have 2 questions:

1. What do I do if i want to enable swap? Some games need it to start up as 256MB ram just doesn't cut it.

2. Can I flash DSPManager into this without problems?

1) Flash the "GPS wakelock fix" from page one (it's under "old versions"). You will get the original LiquidParts from which you can modify swap values

2) I think yes, but I haven't tryed it, try and report back if it works, if it does I'll include it in next version ;)

Guest Daimao94

That is normal! I removed the other 2 tabs because:

1)A2sd tab was useless, since this rom uses Link2sd

2)Voltages tab is now useless, since the rom comes pre-tweaked with the optimal voltages for overclock (if for some reason you don't like the pre-set voltages you can always set them manually with Incredicontrol app from market).

No, the A2SD tab was not useless, that was here we can enable swap ! :)

Guest afsar

great work devz..everything is now smooth n stable except for USB tethering...tis happend in all the previous roms I flashed...but worked well in stock roms....tried in XP and windows 8 too ..but no gain .. :(

another prob is dat the camera and gallery app after flashing te last patch,the app label is in some non-English language (Italian I guesss)

plzz fix :)

Guest ozfunghi

Some help/info please: It's been nearly 18 months since i flashed LiquidNext on this, so i'm a bit rusty. Since then i put it back to stock ROM because i gave it to my girlfriend... but she thinks it's a tad slow and she's running out of space (even with L2SD, though i haven't partitioned the SD card in two parts as L2SD suggest to be able to move apps such as flash), so i ordered a 8GB class 10 micro SD card off ebay and will try this. But i need some, quick guidance (since, like i said, i'm a bit rusty).

• Do i rename this to "update.zip", go into recovery and whipe all individually before flashing?
  • Will the recovery (Malez) i used for LN work for this as well?
  • I have a 512MB RAM version, so won't need swap, but do i have to partition the SD card in a certain way, in order to be able to move all the large apps to SD (see above)? Or does the ROM handle that, like SDman did on LN?
  • And is the metal camera app installed on this ROM?

Thanks in advance. If this has been covered in a specific walkthrough already, or a different topic, feel free to slap me an point it out.

Edited by ozfunghi

Guest Master_T

douuef.jpg

Thanks for explaining this... I really didn't think it was that difficult clicking on a link... don't know why so many people are having problems with this, the "click here" buttons are big and shiny, I'd think everyone would see them immediately... weird.