Browsers

Guest TangerineTractor

been using (and am using right now) uc browser all day. aside from some strange glitches entering text, is brilliant. I'm probably going to stick with this for browsing, keep opera mini installed in case I need to do lots of typing!

I'm getting confused now. Have you changed your mind to Opera Mini as being better than Opera Mobile on the G300, or was it a mis-type?

Guest irishpancake

I'm getting confused now. Have you changed your mind to Opera Mini as being better than Opera Mobile on the G300, or was it a mis-type?

No... TT has an open mind....afaics

like me, he's trying them all, with an open mind, considering things are rapidly changing, all the time.

There is no objective "better", as TT pointed out in the OP, it's all subjective..

down to which one suits your particular needs.

Fair play to him.

Guest TangerineTractor

No... TT has an open mind....afaics

like me, he's trying them all, with an open mind, considering things are rapidly changing, all the time.

There is no objective "better", as TT pointed out in the OP, it's all subjective..

down to which one suits your particular needs.

Fair play to him.

actually, been using uc with opera mini as a backup when I can't input in uc, but tbh the dodgy deleting in uc is more then an irritation to me, and I'm back using opera mobile.

Guest bladebuddy
Just when I thought I had seen everything on a forum..

Was just being truthful. And if you're naive enough to think the internet is all sugar and sweetness, then its time to wake up.

This horrible crap is available to all who surf the net.

At least I have had the balls to admit it , and warn others not to. Which is why I have no worry about leaving the post up. I wish it was different for my kids sake but its not.

Its not all wombles repeats , a very real problem that needs to be looked at. J

Guest irishpancake

Was just being truthful. And if you're naive enough to think the internet is all sugar and sweetness, then its time to wake up.

This horrible crap is available to all who surf the net.

At least I have had the balls to admit it , and warn others not to. Which is why I have no worry about leaving the post up. I wish it was different for my kids sake but its not.

Its not all wombles repeats , a very real problem that needs to be looked at. J

Man, I respect you....you had a ZTE Blade after all, and you are called Blade Buddy...theses are good things!!

But, AFAIK, you recommended a Browser on this basis:

That's why I say UC is good for downloading dodgy content as it seems to link to pages not brought up in other browsers.

And you explain what this "dodgy content" is:

I set about seeing how easy it was to download a video of this nature.

And you were investigating the availability and ease of downloading

a beheading video

FFS get a grip my friend, before you join your friend in the slammer.

I am a 59 year old Irishman, and I have seen enough of that kinda stuff to last me another 59 years, so I am not naive, or stupid.

But what you have done is both naive and stupid, IMO.

Leave it up, and look back in 20 years.

I think you are 40....you should know better...your kids would tell you.

Guest bladebuddy

Man, I respect you....you had a ZTE Blade after all, and you are called Blade Buddy...theses are good things!!

But, AFAIK, you recommended a Browser on this basis:

And you explain what this "dodgy content" is:

And you were investigating the availability and ease of downloading

FFS get a grip my friend, before you join your friend in the slammer.

I am a 59 year old Irishman, and I have seen enough of that kinda stuff to last me another 59 years, so I am not naive, or stupid.

But what you have done is both naive and stupid, IMO.

Leave it up, and look back in 20 years.

I think you are 40....you should know better...your kids would tell you.

You're correct, and I see you're point as we are similar in age.

Its just I have a 15 year old kid with a phone that I M.O.T for him and that includes erasing browser history e.t.c. And looking at what are youth have access to compared to what we have seen.

Its miles apart , sad and needs good advice and parenting to explain.

I do try to try to give good advice on the forum and maybe I didn't put what I was trying to say across in a positive way.

What I am trying to say is U.C is a good browser for getting apks and other files to help you're mobile experience but not the browser you want on you're kids phone. J

Guest irishpancake

Fair play BB, and no offence hopefully given, or taken.....

My two "boys" are 34 and 32, some boys....[34 is not so far from 40]

brilliant guys, and now men, with families, wives, kids, etc...

when they were 15 an 13, back in 90's, I introduced them to the wonders of the Internet, as it was then, using Netscape!!!

they mostly did their own thing, without much supervision from me, but it was more innocent then, and sooooooo slowwwwww.......

and on a dial-up connection....good job I worked for our Telco!!! free calls, etc

They both now work in IT and Software Engineering, so it did not go to waste.

Don't be to hard on your own kid, but I know how different and dangerous it is nowadays.

Freedom, within parameters set down, and agreed by you and him/her. That is the secret, believe me.

So, thanks for taking what I said into consideration.

I am deadly serious, in Ireland we know just how phucked-up things are, and how violence can seem be so so attractive to young people as solutions to problems, but it is not the way....we know, after years of it, and we are heartily sick of it.

Thanks for listening,

IP

Guest bladebuddy

Much respect, as kids would say in these days.

I really hope my kids do as well as your kids have.

I wish you good luck with the chemo therapy.

My boss for a lot off years, wife is going through a similar experience. He is a mess and I my heart goes out to him and all people/ members that have to deal with it. You're a brave man and a fighter. All the best J.

Guest irishpancake

Much respect, as kids would say in these days.

I really hope my kids do as well as your kids have.

I wish you good luck with the chemo therapy.

My boss for a lot off years, wife is going through a similar experience. He is a mess and I my heart goes out to him and all people/ members that have to deal with it. You're a brave man and a fighter. All the best J.

J Man...thank you.

I didn't know you knew about the biggest fight of my whole life, it has come back to bite me big time....

Cycle 2 of 12 next Wednesday...déjà vu exactly 3 years ago, same thing.....

I really could not get through this without my loving wife, my two lads, their partners, kids, and all my friends, on-line and here in my village.

I consider you my friend now, if that's OK, and I thank you for the supportive comments.

It means a lot, a hell of a lot!!!

D

Guest Rico_89

bladebuddy, not naive at all trust me, but I can see all this has already been explained and dealt with.

irishpancake, good luck with your treatment, I hope you had a good Saint Patrick's Day yesterday. And nothing but positive thoughts are coming your way.