[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest trueno2k
I suppose you didn't also flash proxcal.zip. this one would change it at each boot. That's the only one that comes to my mind.
Ah I didn't see that one, I'm so blind :P might have to go to specsavers Lol...

...Then you need to power off your phone and flash by powering on while holding menu key and volume down key...
I thought it was hold MENU + VOL UP + POWER :P

Guest trueno2k
Flash one of proxi update fixes from here

http://goo.im/devs/C3C0/Misc

Hey, I think I finally got the proximity sensor working... However, whether it is the proxcal.zip is doing it job or my modification to your proxi_update2.zip is making it work or it's a combination of both, I am not sure how it is working properly!...

Firstly after flashing both these files at first the proximity sensor was failing to sleep my skate screen whilst making or in a call, and after trying again several times to no avail, I remembered that you suggested have the prox_data.txt read-only, which gave me an idea, so I made some changes to the updater-script file in your proxi_update2.zip on the set_perm line command so it did this instead "set_perm(0, 0, 0444, "/data/misc/prox_data.txt");"

So, after flashing the modification and rebooted, made a call, tested the proximity sensor, I have now got it working properly!... Just thought I say thanks also for the help and now i'm off to do some more modifying :P

Edited by trueno2k

Nice. What I meant by my previous post. You SHOULD NOT flash proxcal.zip at all. Just one of two proxi_updates.

Then you wouldn't need to play with permissions. Since proxcal.zip is the bad guy that tries to overwrite your prox values at each boot.

Edited by C3C0

Guest trueno2k
Nice. What I meant by my previous post. You SHOULD NOT flash proxcal.zip at all. Just one of two proxi_updates.

Then you wouldn't need to play with permissions. Since proxcal.zip is the bad guy that tries to overwrite your prox values at each boot.

Not sure whether that was an apology or something but I forgive you for incorrect advice LOL :P However, even before flashing proxcal.zip I was getting the non working proximity sensor problems anyways, which means I still would have had to mess around with the prox_data.txt file permissions any way!...

On a side note, just noticed some updater-script coding faults!... I know it won't kill the device but I found that you mounted the system twice and forgot to unmount the data in prox_data2.zip updater-script, just thought I let you know and using "set_perm(0, 0, 0444, "/data/misc/prox_data.txt");" does work better than what you have it coded to! Apologies, if I embarrassed you or something but I had to point this out to you! :P

Anyways, thanks for helping with getting this issue solved and hope you keep on trucking with brilliant ROMs so far! :thumbsup:

Guest trueno2k
Nice to know . These scripts are not mine :P and I never had a need to study them :D
Oh I see :blush: I'm sorry, it never occurred to me that they weren't yours to begin with! :P again sorry hehe

Fresh build available

Changelog 26/03/2013

- Synced with SlimRoms repos (SlimBean v2.7)

- Semaphore driven sysinit for better int2ext compatibility

- init.d cleanup and updated performance tweaks

- Limit on number of background processes

--- set to 5 by default in build.prop (sys.mem.max_hidden_apps)

- Fixed FM Radio audio routing and volume control

- Effem: new FM Radio app by daemond

--- RDS support

--- Automatic and manual search

--- Personal station list

- Dark Slim UI option

- CM Volume QuickSettings tile

- Expanded desktop tile

- Koush's superuser

--- make sure you uninstall SuperSU updates from data partition if present

- Navbar enhancements

- Browser: support form HTML5 WebSockets (option available in Browser settings)

- Advanced lockscreen shortcuts

- Included DashClock built from source

- Added APN for Ovivo UK

- Upgrade without wiping data possible

Guest jtharmor

To be frank........softkeys at bottom looks very bad on our skate which already has hard buttons........its uses up space n screen too.......i have never used softkeys at the bottom ever....

Guest jtharmor

Me neither.

Thats why i always bother you with status bar on top in PJ1 :)

That reminds me any scope of getting status bar on top in PJ2 ? :P