Thread to introduce new apps

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest Scylla.bx

do you have the app data downloaded / on your sdcard?

takes a minute or two to pass that screen on my nexus

yes, and i've wait more than 5 minutes...

Guest dakok

A nice weather app. And probably the only one that has a working

solution (hack) for a weather widget on Miui lockscreen (for non-chinese places).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pro.burgerz.weather[/CODE]

Guest irishpancake

Hi.... Looks good, interface wise anyway.

I use this....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asksven.betterwifionoff

post-852763-13641511645356_thumb.jpg

post-852763-13641511948581_thumb.jpg

I will try and check the pros and cons... it will be interesting...

BTW.... pics from my S3....but same app on wife's Ascend, works very well, doesn't look as good, but results are what matters??

Thanx!!!

Edited by irishpancake

Guest Titas

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=150

pm.sleep_mode=1

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0

tillaz - Thanks for the Optimus tip - I'll try it but I have a concern. I recently applied the above build prop mod's which you suggested. Do you think Optimus work OK with them (no conflicts)? Also would Optimus duplicate the action any of the mod's - if so should the build prop mod be removed? Thanks!

Guest TangerineTractor

I like Launcher8 but finding the phone is a bit laggy. Anyone else experiencing this please?

I always used apex, and launcher 8 was faster, but I've just installed nova and it's much faster.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest tillaz

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=150

pm.sleep_mode=1

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0

tillaz - Thanks for the Optimus tip - I'll try it but I have a concern. I recently applied the above build prop mod's which you suggested. Do you think Optimus work OK with them (no conflicts)? Also would Optimus duplicate the action any of the mod's - if so should the build prop mod be removed? Thanks!

yes, it will be ok

Guest Colossae3.23

I like Launcher8 but finding the phone is a bit laggy. Anyone else experiencing this please?

Yeah I'm finding some lag too. Do like the design though. But, I agree with TT, is seems slower than Nova.

Guest tillaz

SuperBeam

this app is amazing, you can send big files in minutes.. much more practical than Bluetooth

i sent my dad a 500mb file in 2 minutes using this app, Bluetooth would of took 2 hours lol

apparently it also works even if you don't have wifi direct (uses wifi hotspot)

Switches to hotspot mode automatically for devices that doesn't support WiFi direct.

very easy to use, and works great

play store https://play.google....jedev.superbeam

xda http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2177133

Guest Titas

I've previously used AirDroid https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5zYW5kLmFpcmRyb2lkIl0. for transfer of files via wifi but I guess the advantage of SuperBeam is that it's direct ie., the devices do not have to be connected to a common wifi network. Nice! Tx tillaz!

Edited by Titas

Guest Liesse

I recently read an article about security on phones, warning of the problems of leaving your phone on the default unlocker. The thing is, I like my phone to look a certain way, and the pattern unlock and passkey entry are... ugly. Still, I had visions of someone finding my poor lost phone and taking over my sad life with it.

Then I found Picture Password Unlocker which I think is pretty cool. Windows phone lockscreen type thing?

Now my unlock screen is whatever picture I like, and unless you know precisely where to draw my unlock symbols, you can't get into the phone. It has a nice passcode entry system for if you try and fail too many times too.

I've also been using Zooper widget ever since I changed to ICS. I used the developer's ACW on GB, and I love Zooper just as much.

Edited by Liesse

Guest kyan31

This isn't really an app for your phone, but It is used in conjunction with your phone, and it can be very handy in many situations. The app is called android commander and it allows you to browse your entire phone on your desktop, and even modify or pull the files! It's really handy if you are no good with ADB, or you just want ADB with a nice visual GUI.

Android Commander

I'm using it right now, and it works great with the G300. I'm also using over WiFi, so I can use it like a root explorer but wirelessly :)

post-969101-0-99661100-1365193371_thumb.

post-969101-0-49528900-1365193373_thumb.

post-969101-0-15600800-1365193375_thumb.

post-969101-0-28197500-1365193376_thumb.

(Output screenshot will be full size)

post-969101-0-31295600-1365193377_thumb.

It also allows you to do logcats, take screenshots, and more.

If you do use this, you may have to update the ADB files. I repackaged my ADB files into this zip, so just download it and extract the bin folder to:

C:\Program Files\Android Commander

...and fire it up :)

Edited by kyan31