Thread to introduce new apps

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest denzele

Cyda mate thank you very much for Greenify...best app ever for saving ram and battery ..highly recommend...

Edited by denzele

Guest plewis1981

I have just been reading about THE TOR NETWORK, which basicly bounces your internet signal around, removing any restrictions in place by your ISP, and keeping your online activities private.

I can now download from solid files without getting 403 forbidden.

The app is called ORBOT this is the play store link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.torproject.android

Guest bladebuddy
I have just been reading about THE TOR NETWORK, which basicly bounces your internet signal around, removing any restrictions in place by your ISP, and keeping your online activities private.

I can now download from solid files without getting 403 forbidden.

The app is called ORBOT this is the play store link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.torproject.android

Nice find been looking for something like this for a long time so a big thanks from me.

Just one question downloading from solid files, is it done via Firefox or the duck search engine.

Guest PixelPixie

Just noticed the play store has had an update from 3.10 something to 4.0.26. Same but different, now with added pretty colours.

Just a heads up :-)

Guest plewis1981

Nice find been looking for something like this for a long time so a big thanks from me.

Just one question downloading from solid files, is it done via Firefox or the duck search engine.

It happens whatever browser I use ( I use boat browser ) but I have tried other browsers. And the only way I could access solid files was to tether to my laptop

Guest plewis1981

Sorry bladebuddy TOTALY misunderstood your question. ( Took a while to notice u know ) lol :blush:

you can use any browser once the ORBOT app is set up. anittialy i set it up to proxy all app's but it stops torrent downloads, not sure why??? ( not learnt about all that yet ) so then i set it to only work on my browsers with the wizard

Hope this helps :D

Guest bladebuddy
Sorry bladebuddy TOTALY misunderstood your question. ( Took a while to notice u know ) lol :blush:

you can use any browser once the ORBOT app is set up. anittialy i set it up to proxy all app's but it stops torrent downloads, not sure why??? ( not learnt about all that yet ) so then i set it to only work on my browsers with the wizard

Hope this helps :D

Yes I got there in the end.

Cheers and thanks again.

Guest bladebuddy

Yes I got there in the end.

Cheers and thanks again.

P.S didn't notice myself it stopped torrent downloads as I hadn't tried.

I only asked as the setup wizard was asking me to download any amount of apps, which I thought must be needed in order for the app to work correctly. So I was being a little lazy in asking which ones to download.

You're answer stopped me downloading unnecessary apps.

J

Guest tillaz
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest george109

Go Blackberry go :D ..

Opera Mobile browser new update seems nice..me like... ;)

The Opera mobile update is Horrible! Text takes ages to render once the page has loaded for me... :angry:

Edited by george109

Guest TangerineTractor

The Opera mobile update is Horrible! Text takes ages to render once the page has loaded for me... :angry:

I hate the Opera update. I have an APK of the old version, and set it not to auto update in google play.

Guest george109

I hate the Opera update. I have an APK of the old version, and set it not to auto update in google play.

Please, Could you be AMAZING, and upload it for me? :D Edited by george109

Guest TangerineTractor

Just tweeted Opera... they have made Opera Mobile 12 available as "Opera Classic" - search for it in Google Play...