Who is going to buy the ZTE Grand S or X V987?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Nice man! I am still not sure wich one i am going to take. But i dont think its going to be the grand s for that price i can buy a THL and a Newman.

Wont jellybean come out on mediatek cpu or will it just take longer? Or wont it be ported by the scene like armv6?

W8 already has Jellybean - 4.1.2. It is expected to get 4.2.2 soon.

hello c3co

you have buy then thl w8 ?

you think make roms for the W8 ?

The reason I decided for MTK is that I feel like taking a real break from that intensive rom making madness and start looking for something new that makes me happy :) I've been stuck at this rom-from-source thing for too long already.

I might be doing some occassional modding/tuning of W8 the same way as we did on Skate's stock ROMs in the past but I don't expect I'll be pushing it too far - this is not something I'm wanting to spend too much time on, anymore.

I am giving my Skate away so I suppose I won't be able to maintain current ROMs for it anymore. On the other side, sources for all the current 4.x ROMs are published on github so anybody can continue working on them.

Guest Wacky.ddw

W8 already has Jellybean - 4.1.2. It is expected to get 4.2.2 soon.

The reason I decided for MTK is that I feel like taking a real break from that intensive rom making madness and start looking for something new that makes me happy :) I've been stuck at this rom-from-source thing for too long already.

I might be doing some occassional modding/tuning of W8 the same way as we did on Skate's stock ROMs in the past but I don't expect I'll be pushing it too far - this is not something I'm wanting to spend too much time on, anymore.

I am giving my Skate away so I suppose I won't be able to maintain current ROMs for it anymore. On the other side, sources for all the current 4.x ROMs are published on github so anybody can continue working on them.

So if THL doesnt port 4.2.2 it impossible to get it on that phone? The reason i want to know is if i buy it and 4.x.x comes out it wont be ported to this phone?

I completely understand you want to spend more time in other hobby's, i also had a period when i was only spending time on this forum switching roms and reset glitch hacking xboxes. I started rock/wallclimbing and i think its way healthier to something where you go outside and be social then allways being inside.

Now i just want a stable ROM that works for everyday use, i have never seen stock JB but i asume that it would be more than enough. If this device would only have a Cyanogenmod port i would buy it instantly. I think this device is way more beautyfull then the Newman N2 it looks like a fake SIII to me :D Where did you buy yours? Also can this device be rooted?

Edited by Wacky.ddw

I got mine from here: http://www.antelife.com/thl-w8-mtk6589-quad-core-android-4-1-5-0-inch-hd-screen-1g-ram-8gb-rom-3g-gps-5-0mp-front-camera-white.html

Had a discount coupon so the price was 204USD. I chose DHL shipping with tracking number. The package is currently in Leipzig, Germany.

No problem with root and clockworkmod. I've already seen some custom rom, too. Anyway, stock ROM that comes with it seems to be working unexpectedly fine - no major issues. Also build quality is remarkable - I've heard from some Czech people that already own it.

I doubt we'll have a chance to get CM on it ever, though.

Originally I've been waiting for g4. But gave up after they announced another delay. Epic fail for jiayu - there's already a bunch of other mtk6589 devices to choose from. People that ordered in presell period are massively cancelling their orders.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi tillaz

Long time no see :) how are you doing? Still making awesome roms? So you would go for the Jaiyu?

One of the reasons i would have bought the THL W8 is that C3C0 bought it so i could enjoy he's roms :D Now im beginning to doubt it myself if i still want to be able to change roms etc. Or just buy a stable phone not to mess with.

So long story short both the Jaiyu and the THL have a MTK processor so they wont have mutch support. The newman will have support but is ugly as hell? :P

Guest tillaz

Hi tillaz

Long time no see smile.png how are you doing? Still making awesome roms? So you would go for the Jaiyu?

One of the reasons i would have bought the THL W8 is that C3C0 bought it so i could enjoy he's roms biggrin.png Now im beginning to doubt it myself if i still want to be able to change roms etc. Or just buy a stable phone not to mess with.

So long story short both the Jaiyu and the THL have a MTK processor so they wont have mutch support. The newman will have support but is ugly as hell? tongue.png

i'm good, thanks :) i did make a few ROMs on the G300 forum a while back,

but now i just compile a custom AOKP with a few cherry picks for personal use (nexus 4) nothing public, xda already has a boat load

but yeah, it depends really... if you can wait a month i would go for the G4,

as it will be supported with clockworkmod & stock based custom ROMs,

there are quite a few people on the G300 forum getting one who plan on making ROMs, including my self if it stays at £131 (just to mess around with)

http://www.modaco.co...ssion-20032013/

just my opinion, if looking for a budget device

if not get a nexus 4 ;)

Guest Wacky.ddw

i'm good, thanks :) i did made a few ROMs on the G300 forum a while back,

but now i just compile a custom AOKP with a few cherry picks for personal use (nexus 4) nothing public, xda already has a boat load

but yeah, it depends really... if you can wait a month i would go for the G4,

as it will be supported with clockworkmod & stock based custom ROMs,

there are quite a few people on the G300 forum getting one who plan on making ROMs, including my self if it stays at £131 (just to mess around with)

http://www.modaco.co...ssion-20032013/

just my opinion

Sure i can wait a month, im just tired of my skate lagging all the time its time for an upgrade. I made a pro's and con's list of all the phones i liked send it to all my friends they all say the Jiayu looks the most interesting. And if it is going to have a few custom roms thats more than enough. :D

It would be nice to be on one of your roms again. I only switched to 4.2.2 a few weeks ago, before i was still on atomicmod and a friend of mine still is and he likes it so mutch he wont upgrade.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Im finally 100% sure wich i am going to buy and its the Jiayu G4 there are a lot of people on the dutch site Tweakers.nl that are going to buy it to.

I think i am going to order it via this site: LINK

They have pay pall and there is allways pay pall buyers protection so they cant scam you right or am i wrong?

Here is a 8% coupon for people interested

• 4 weeks later...
Guest grelle

hi i have buy the feinteg H9500

http://www.antelife....hone-white.html

have install recovery and root rom

i have on probleme problem with sensor orientation

there ar reversed in games

i turn forward = turn left

i turn back = tunrn right

i turn left = forward or acceleration in car game

i turn rigth = back brake

my question it is possibel to reverse

t is in android config with cript or edit ?

thank

Edited by grelle