[JB][CM10.1]★Electra ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300★ ✰UPDATED 02/05/2013✰ ★V3★

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31

You have an easy solution for this. Just reflash the rom with the repective wipes.

Just leave the guy, the option is there. I'm using it myself, but he doesn't seem to know how to use it :P

Guest george109
The USB doesn´t connect on storage mode. When i plug USB doesn't appear nothing, i can transfer but its too slow.

would you mind giving a logcat?

Guest kyan31

The USB doesn´t connect on storage mode. When i plug USB doesn't appear nothing, i can transfer but its too slow.

Logcat isn't needed. Go to storage, press the menu button, and switch to MASS STORAGE.

Guest infractoru

thanks for the ROM Kyan, it looks and feels awesome :D one quick question: where I could disable those blue rectangles that show when you scroll through the screens ? it`s an animation that I can`t find where to disable it ?10x!

Guest kyan31

thanks for the ROM Kyan, it looks and feels awesome biggrin.png one quick question: where I could disable those blue rectangles that show when you scroll through the screens ? it`s an animation that I can`t find where to disable it ?10x!

Go to settings/launcher, you should be able to turn the squares off there.

Guest infractoru

Go to settings/launcher, you should be able to turn the squares off there.

it worked like a charm, 10x a lot! one quick last question: does CM10.1_Performance_Control_Flashable grant additional performance or is just another way to play with the settings besides what`s already available from you in Performance under Electra tab? :)

Guest george109

Hi, Kyan. Loving Electra, really smooth and fast and the features are really cool! :) also, I've had a look round in the developer options and with the secondary screen simulation, does it just draw a screen offscreeen? and what does the 4x MSAA do, does it improve the graphics and would forcing GPU rendering increase the frame rate in games? Thanks, for Electra too, 5 stars!

Guest kyan31

it worked like a charm, 10x a lot! one quick last question: does CM10.1_Performance_Control_Flashable grant additional performance or is just another way to play with the settings besides what`s already available from you in Performance under Electra tab? smile.png

It's just a different CPU control app. The original CM10.1 app, and the AOKP app are available. The one in default with Electra is the AOKP performance control.

Guest kyan31

Hi, Kyan. Loving Electra, really smooth and fast and the features are really cool! smile.png also, I've had a look round in the developer options and with the secondary screen simulation, does it just draw a screen offscreeen? and what does the 4x MSAA do, does it improve the graphics and would forcing GPU rendering increase the frame rate in games? Thanks, for Electra too, 5 stars!

Don't use the screen simulation thing, it can stop the G300 screen working (until you flash another rom of course). The GPU rendering thing just allows the GPU and CPU do do separate work, rather than letting the CPU do all the work.

Guest george109

So, would it improve performance by letting the CPU 'slack off' and putting more work on the GPU? Also does 4x MSAA do the same thing?

So I'm guessing as well the screen simulation would cause a bootloop then?

Edited by george109

Guest kyan31

So, would it improve performance by letting the CPU 'slack off' and putting more work on the GPU? Also does 4x MSAA do the same thing?

So I'm guessing as well the screen simulation would cause a bootloop then?

Yes, it would improve overall performance, but graphics in game may be a little crappy as the GPU will have less power. I'm not even sure about the 4x MSAA thing :P

And the screen simulation has noting to do with performance, so I don't think it really matters.

Guest kyan31

Sorry, when I said it I meant GPU rendering, not the screen simulation! tongue.png anyway I'll try it and see if it improves...

The only problem is that it will turn off every reboot, so you will need to tick it again. There is a build.prop line that allows you to keep it on though, I just can't remember what it is...

Guest george109

The only problem is that it will turn off every reboot, so you will need to tick it again. There is a build.prop line that allows you to keep it on though, I just can't remember what it is...

Is it

debug.sf.hw=1

?

Guest sebag2

Lightning and Electra are based on two completely different ROMs, so you can't really compare them in terms of battery life.

I'm aware of that but people should know that installing this rom WILL decrease their battery life significantly. On ICS 2 days are not hard to achieve... Try that on CM 10.1 or this rom. Something isn't right.

As of rest everything works fine. For me the light sensor behaves weirdly. Definitively different than in ICS. Screen is often a little bit too dark for my taste but that's a minor thing. Secondly there is a bit of lag when unlocking the phone. Weirdly it gets above 4200 points in antutu so i guess its all about deep sleep but as an end user i don't really care why it does that. ICS can do it fine and smoothly.

Guest kyan31

I'm aware of that but people should know that installing this rom WILL decrease their battery life significantly. On ICS 2 days are not hard to achieve... Try that on CM 10.1 or this rom. Something isn't right.

As of rest everything works fine. For me the light sensor behaves weirdly. Definitively different than in ICS. Screen is often a little bit too dark for my taste but that's a minor thing. Secondly there is a bit of lag when unlocking the phone. Weirdly it gets above 4200 points in antutu so i guess its all about deep sleep but as an end user i don't really care why it does that. ICS can do it fine and smoothly.

All of these issues are related to CyanogenMod, Electra doesn't actually add any extra bugs, it only takes them away. If you don't like JB, you can always go back to ICS :)

Guest sebag2

I love electra! Its awesome in every way. JB notification bar is just made of pure win and the overall system is more smooth in my opinion. But sadly i cant afford to use it just because of this stupid battery :/ Hope some sometime will fix it.

Guest kyan31
I love electra! Its awesome in every way. JB notification bar is just made of pure win and the overall system is more smooth in my opinion. But sadly i cant afford to use it just because of this stupid battery :/ Hope some sometime will fix it.

I don't think it can be fixed unfortunately, so don't keep your hopes up. It can certainly be improved, but it will never get as good as stock.

Guest george109

have a read of this http://developer.and...ware-accel.html

as far as i am aware it wont affect games, just the general UI of menu's, but at the cost of more RAM

I bet lots of developers still disregard the advice near the end of the page. Also, as there is a Higher RAM cost, could I set the task killer to leave a higher amount of memory free and then would that be dedicated to shared graphics memory? Also, that page was quite interesting actually! :)

Guest LordlyAngel

Welcome Kyan your rom is great ... But I have one question and I cranked up the cpu since two restarts do not know what this could be caused by ... sorry for my english

Guest timoti111

I really love your rom as i loved Lightning :), but im f***ing disappointed of that completely wrong GPU performance. I cant even play tetris without lags :D. Im all times giving chance to Dazs roms or roms based on it and try it like this but alltimes go back to my old rom. Nowdays it is joestones CM10. GPU is bad at all CM9+ roms except joestones CM10 and GB-ICS. If Dazzozzo and joestone do CM together it will be EPIC :D. Dazzozzo have littlebit smoother and littlebit more stable roms as joestone and joestone have 405mb RAM, 2 times better gaming, and more free RAM at all. I hope so much that they will work in group sometimes :).