[JB][CM10.1]★Electra ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300★ ✰UPDATED 02/05/2013✰ ★V3★

Guest kyan31

Guest george109

Does swapper 2 work for anyone? as It doesn't seem to work for me... it just says FAIL after everything when i click "on". I can give a logcat to anyone who wants it

Edited by george109

Guest AussieExpat

CHASING OUR TAILS?

Do we have people working on clarifying / confirming whether or not officially unlocking the bootloader is required for good 2G/3G call quality ?

(regardless of what other goodies are crammed into any future ROM)?

IF it is required,

THEN won't we just be "chasing our tails", complaining about the quality of calls, 15+ more pages on in this thread if we haven't addressed that?

Don't get me wrong i'm in love with the best, cheapest "toy" I've ever had, many times more powerful than the first computer I had in my working life (back prior to Windows 3.1 -- had all of a 40Mb HDD!! )

-- it's just that I think some people want a bit of that, maybe just a little bit, on top of,

rather than instead of,

a phone.making calls of good quality.

Guest kyan31
CHASING OUR TAILS?

Do we have people working on clarifying / confirming whether or not officially unlocking the bootloader is required for good 2G/3G call quality ?

(regardless of what other goodies are crammed into any future ROM)?

IF it is required,

THEN won't we just be "chasing our tails", complaining about the quality of calls, 15+ more pages on in this thread if we haven't addressed that?

Don't get me wrong i'm in love with the best, cheapest "toy" I've ever had, many times more powerful than the first computer I had in my working life (back prior to Windows 3.1 -- had all of a 40Mb HDD!! )

-- it's just that I think some people want a bit of that, maybe just a little bit, on top of,

rather than instead of,

a phone.making calls of good quality.

Sorry, but this question isn't really related to Electra at all, so it should be asked somewhere else. Also, you don't have to have a big bold title at the top of everything you write, everyone will see your comments so there is no need to make them stand out so much. Thanks.

Guest AussieExpat

Sorry, but this question isn't really related to Electra at all, so it should be asked somewhere else. Also, you don't have to have a big bold title at the top of everything you write, everyone will see your comments so there is no need to make them stand out so much. Thanks.

But imho it IS relevant -- the Electra ROM is "designed" to be an "improvement" on the CM10.1 ROM base, but how can it be an improvement if a "fundamental flaw" in that ROM (and IF .... -- as has been suggested by others) then how can it be, with all the negative implications for hoped for improvements in call quality??

and from my own, and numerous others, experience (and unresolved cause) of random reboots, and broken network signals, on R4 is anything to go by, basing anything TOO closely on R4 would NOT be the way to go right now.

Edited by AussieExpat

Guest reredas

I using this rom, it's realy good, but I cant find out - how to open that thing, wich is showed in third photo :)

Guest kyan31

But imho it IS relevant -- the Electra ROM is "designed" to be an "improvement" on the CM10.1 ROM base, but how can it be an improvement if a "fundamental flaw" in that ROM (and IF .... -- as has been suggested by others) then how can it be, with all the negative implications for hoped for improvements in call quality??

and from my own, and numerous others, experience (and unresolved cause) of random reboots, and broken network signals, on R4 is anything to go by, basing anything TOO closely on R4 would NOT be the way to go right now.

If you don't find Electra to be an improvement, don't use it. Its my ROM, so I'll fix what I like, when I want to. You should consider yourself lucky to use it in the first place as i could keep it to myself.

Also, random reboots are a bootloader issue, nothing to do with the ROM. The network issue is an issue with the ROM, but it is hard to fix. It would probably be easier to fix if I could compile from source, but my devices do not meet the requirements.

You obviously have no idea on how ROM developing works in general, so you really don't get to have an opinion on anything I or others do. Best you just keep your thoughts to yourself, because I don't give a **** ;)

Edited by kyan31

Guest smweb

I guess a good idea would be not to use it. Kyan31 is doing a wonderful work with his Lightning and Electra, if you disagree, it's better to use another ROM instead of bashing his work.

Guest colehole

I guess a good idea would be not to use it. Kyan31 is doing a wonderful work with his Lightning and Electra, if you disagree, it's better to use another ROM instead of bashing his work.

I agree. Kyan don't let the Gits get you down!

Guest Ironandroid

@kyan 31. You are doing a great job and we all must be thankful for the time and effort you are spending on developing this rom. Keep up the good job.

Guest Tentmaster

How high are those horses you are sitting on, fellas? :rolleyes: FFS a poster is entitled to ask whatever he likes & be answered amicably by others not be growled at by a developer that acts like a semi-wild cat, who is good at catching vermin, but if you stroke him, he will lash out. :angry2:

Guest kyan31

How high are those horses you are sitting on, fellas? rolleyes.gif FFS a poster is entitled to ask whatever he likes & be answered amicably by others not be growled at by a developer that acts like a semi-wild cat, who is good at catching vermin, but if you stroke him, he will lash out. angry.png

Dude, the guy is pretty much telling me that my ROM is not good enough, and its my duty to fix whatever problems there are. Its not my job to do his dirty work, so I can say whatever I like in defense.

Guest kyan31

FFS a poster is entitled to ask whatever he likes & be answered amicably...

Thats what annoys me even more, he/she didn't actually ask anything. They basically told me what to do like i'm under their command lol.

Guest kyan31
I using this rom, it's realy good, but I cant find out - how to open that thing, wich is showed in third photo :)

Its pie control, look at the FAQ for instructions.

Guest AussieExpat

Thats what annoys me even more, he/she didn't actually ask anything. They basically told me what to do like i'm under their command lol.

I did NOT tell you to do anything.

In fact, for those who have not read my previous posts, let me reassure that I have, on more than one occasion, given my thanks and commendation to Kyan for producing these ROMs, but they do not do EVERY thing, and numerous people have already said

(a) reliability and quality of calls using these ROMs is less than they hope(d) for / require

(B) they are reverting to earlier ROMs (incidentally, developed by other people) which are better in this regard

for this purpose, the ROM simply, truly, is NOT good enough, but I wasn't TELLING you to make it better in this regard -- I had hoped you would, if your motivation was in providing a service, but if it's otherwise, that's for you to work out between yourself and your cronies

Certainly, the ROMs produced by kyan are good, in some respects, for some functions, but they do not address the issues raised by these other people who have made submissions to this topic, and who have gone back to using other ROMs

WHAT I WAS DOING:

I was involved in the process of helping people make their own decisions, based on the available evidence -- much as any responsible scientist would.

• Gather the "evidence" -- other users' reports of difficulties
  • Interpret the results and
  • outline competing hypotheses accounting for them -- such as the need to "officially" unlock the bootloader, for which evidence has been offered that it substantially improves the quality and reliability of calls

for people wishing to examine that evidence themselves, see here:

kyan, you will be please not to hear from me again -- like other people, I too shall be reverting to the use of other ROMs, and getting better, more reliable, calls as a result

Goodbye, and good riddance, to you

Personally, I hope you find an insightful and compassionate therapist to help you overcome your Narcissistic Personality Disorder, something that can muck up many areas of your life, for many years, until you can find the courage to confront the difficulties your personality presents you, and others..

Guest noobi

Wow, living up to the name of Australian at the moment aren't you.

The issue with call quality is not something that anyone chooses to have happen, its an issue with original ROM, to do with incomplete source code I believe?

Its not something that can be fixed by closing your eyes and wishing really hard for it to go away.

If there was a known fix, it would be fixed.

Constantly berating the devs about issues which they already know about is really annoying, as you can tell by Kyan or Daz's less than nice responses at times.

Then the fact that you then try and tell someone that what they did "the ROM simply, truly, is NOT good enough" .The ROMS which are "NOT good enough", were given to you to use FOR FREE. Just say that there is an issue, and leave it. If a fix comes up, it will be fixed.

You're acting like a spoilt kid,this doesn't work, why isn't this fixed, your not doing it right, fix it, im going somewhere else, gimmie gimmie gimmie.

Please, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Guest kyan31

I did NOT tell you to do anything.

In fact, for those who have not read my previous posts, let me reassure that I have, on more than one occasion, given my thanks and commendation to Kyan for producing these ROMs, but they do not do EVERY thing, and numerous people have already said

(a) reliability and quality of calls using these ROMs is less than they hope(d) for / require

(B) they are reverting to earlier ROMs (incidentally, developed by other people) which are better in this regard

for this purpose, the ROM simply, truly, is NOT good enough, but I wasn't TELLING you to make it better in this regard -- I had hoped you would, if your motivation was in providing a service, but if it's otherwise, that's for you to work out between yourself and your cronies

Certainly, the ROMs produced by kyan are good, in some respects, for some functions, but they do not address the issues raised by these other people who have made submissions to this topic, and who have gone back to using other ROMs

WHAT I WAS DOING:

I was involved in the process of helping people make their own decisions, based on the available evidence -- much as any responsible scientist would.

• Gather the "evidence" -- other users' reports of difficulties
  • Interpret the results and
  • outline competing hypotheses accounting for them -- such as the need to "officially" unlock the bootloader, for which evidence has been offered that it substantially improves the quality and reliability of calls

for people wishing to examine that evidence themselves, see here:

kyan, you will be please not to hear from me again -- like other people, I too shall be reverting to the use of other ROMs, and getting better, more reliable, calls as a result

Goodbye, and good riddance, to you

Personally, I hope you find an insightful and compassionate therapist to help you overcome your Narcissistic Personality Disorder, something that can muck up many areas of your life, for many years, until you can find the courage to confront the difficulties your personality presents you, and others..

Lol :P

When did I ever say I would fix issues, you complain about certain bugs etc. but I never said they would be fixed at all. Read the change log, and read the bugs list for crying out loud.

Also, I don't appreciate you saying that the ROM is not good enough. It actually offers a lot more than many ROMs on here, and you have no say in anything I do. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as long as its constructive and nice, your comments do not meet the requirements so keep your thoughts to yourself. Thanks.

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31
Everybody has a right to an opinion, whether agreed with or not. Courtesy does not cost anything. ;)

Your entitled to your own opinion, yes, but there is no need to be rude. They could of easily wrote a list of what they would like to see improved, and I could reply back nicely with my thoughts etc.

Guest predragiPredrag

Everybody has a right to an opinion, whether agreed with or not. Courtesy does not cost anything. ;)

In my country there is a saying "Opinion is like ass, everybody has it" ;)

Guest kyan31

V3 is out :)

Link is on the opening post, mods will be made soon. I strongly recommend full wipes as this is based on a new version of CyanogenMod, please do not report bugs if your gonna flash over the top. Thanks.

DOWNLOAD | MD5 available on opening post

Changelog:

Electra V3 CMR4 - Public Release

*Rebased to CMR4

*New Electra settings by Tillaz!

~What's new?

-System tweaks (Build.prop mods)

-Credits section

-Changelog

-All in one APK

-Everything else like in the original apk

*Changed bluetooth icons in tiles

*Added CoverFlow animation to theme manager - By Tillaz

*Fixed OTA updates

*Minor optimisations

*Other UI changes

*More...

EDIT:

I just want to say a special thanks to Tillaz for the new features, while my old Electra settings was okay, Tillaz's new apk is a huge improvement. So, thanks :P

Edited by kyan31