[JB][CM10.1]★Electra ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300★ ✰UPDATED 02/05/2013✰ ★V3★

Guest kyan31

Guest k0va

Ohhh no i cannot receive SMS-s and i didn't notice it untill now, i did actualy lose money becouse of it :(

Sorry Kyan, i dont blame you, but this bug makes my phone unusabe, becouse main functionality of mobile phone is to call or receive calls, and send, receive SMS-s. And SMS-s dosn't work at all or i can't receive it i don't know. And sound quality is not realy good, when i talk to someone i just keep saying "What... What ?... " (it is cyanogenmod bug i think)

I do like this rom, but it makes my phone unusable. How ever i will folow this topic and when somebody confirms that SMS bug and sound quality is fixed i will come back.

Reflashed rom, and now sms works, i don't know what coused it to not work, flashing ROM again fixed it.

Edited by k0va

Guest kyan31

Ohhh no i cannot receive SMS-s and i didn't notice it untill now, i did actualy lose money becouse of it sad.png

Sorry Kyan, i dont blame you, but this bug makes my phone unusabe, becouse main functionality of mobile phone is to call or receive calls, and send, receive SMS-s. And SMS-s dosn't work at all or i can't receive it i don't know. And sound quality is not realy good, when i talk to someone i just keep saying "What... What ?... " (it is cyanogenmod bug i think)

I do like this rom, but it makes my phone unusable. How ever i will folow this topic and when somebody confirms that SMS bug and sound quality is fixed i will come back.

Reflashed rom, and now sms works, i don't know what coused it to not work, flashing ROM again fixed it.

SMS always worked, I would definitely write that it is doesn't work, if it in fact did not work. I'm sorry about anything this bug may of caused, but at the same time you are responsible for whatever happens after flashing a custom ROM.

If it does ever happen again, please report it here.

Edited by kyan31

Guest k0va

Yes ofcource that i m responsible for everything i do on my cell phone and i don't blame anybody, just shareing my experience, maybe it helps to improve ROM, or somebody here on forum knows what is couse of this.

The SMS bug happends again,

Here is what i did do.

Flashed rom, everything works.

Installed Go Backup pro 3.2 still sms works

Restore my backed up apps, sms-s and contact. stil everything works. (did not restore any settings)

Also did some customization in settings, like grid size on homescreen and so. everything works

Fiew hours leater

Used facebook messages, wifi, and camera fx app, tryed original camera app, tryed recording and playing video with "MX player"

Tryed to send sms, sms sends ok, and called person that i send sms she did received it and responded to it, but i didn't receive response. Also i was bearly understood what she is talking becouse sound quality.

Tryed even delete all mesages, but dosn't help.

I do keep old messages so i can check when and what did i send somebody, this is usefull for me currently i have abotu 970 text messages.

After fiew trys to receive sms, i did give up and flashed lightening back. Sound qulity in call is better i can understand what person is talking and eveything works.

I will reflash it thoumorow and try install all apps from google play, not useing restore.

Question is m' I only one with this problem. If Yes, it is possible that some app couseing it, i will check app by app when (it will take some time), and report back witch one is.

How ever, i do love your work kyan31 :) Ligtening is the best ROM i ever tryed, and this one have potential to be even better :)

Edited by k0va

Guest kyan31
Yes ofcource that i m responsible for everything i do on my cell phone and i don't blame anybody, just shareing my experience, maybe it helps to improve ROM, or somebody here on forum knows what is couse of this.

The SMS bug happends again,

Here is what i did do.

Flashed rom, everything works.

Installed Go Backup pro 3.2 still sms works

Restore my backed up apps, sms-s and contact. stil everything works. (did not restore any settings)

Also did some customization in settings, like grid size on homescreen and so. everything works

Fiew hours leater

Used facebook messages, wifi, and camera fx app, tryed original camera app, tryed recording and playing video with "MX player"

Tryed to send sms, sms sends ok, and called person that i send sms she did received it and responded to it, but i didn't receive response. Also i was bearly understood what she is talking becouse sound quality.

Tryed even delete all mesages, but dosn't help.

I do keep old messages so i can check when and what did i send somebody, this is usefull for me currently i have abotu 970 text messages.

After fiew trys to receive sms, i did give up and flashed lightening back. Sound qulity in call is better i can understand what person is talking and eveything works.

I will reflash it thoumorow and try install all apps from google play, not useing restore.

Question is m' I only one with this problem. If Yes, it is possible that some app couseing it, i will check app by app when (it will take some time), and report back witch one is.

How ever, i do love your work kyan31 :) Ligtening is the best ROM i ever tryed, and this one have potential to be even better :)

The problem is that you are using Go Backup. Go Backup can corrupt many features of the ROM when you restore with it. I would recommend doing full wipes, and then not using Go Backup at all for a bug free experience :)

Edited by kyan31

Guest nsmacd1

The back-up restore is causing the problem (I had the same on ICS ROMs), so I just downloaded apps from PlayStore & re-installed others manually. Slow, but effective! :)

Once up & running again, then you can create another Go Backup file and use that for future restores (In my experience with no further errors!)

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest k0va

I m going to try it right now, and report back to this post in fiew days becouse, sms did work, and even after gobackup restore.

Thank you kyan31 :)

Guest Richyread

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious but just want to confirm before I begin - to install this ROM do I need to download the original files and each of the released patches, or does the latest ROM include all historic fixes?

Having had mixed success with other ROM's I want to make sure I start off on a nice clean slate with this one.

Many thanks,

Richy.

Guest jamie_w

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious but just want to confirm before I begin - to install this ROM do I need to download the original files and each of the released patches, or does the latest ROM include all historic fixes?

Having had mixed success with other ROM's I want to make sure I start off on a nice clean slate with this one.

Many thanks,

Richy.

You just need to download the latest version only.

Guest kyan31

You just need to download the latest version only.

No, he needs to download the ROM, and the latest patch made for V3. Do not flash the patch made for V2!

Guest kyan31

Many thanks,

Richy.

Just flash these:

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/b841187b41/ - ELECTRA V3

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/b80edaa098/ - PATCH

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/a0ef54fb89/ - GAPPS

Just flash these straight after each other, and you'll be good to go.

Guest george109

Slightly off topic, but I was wondering if anyone had any good docks for the G300 as I can't decide which one to get as the USB port on the phone is upside down which means most universal docks will not work...

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks :)

Guest killuminatiii

This IS the best ROM for the g300 as I haven't spotted any problems apart from when it just randomly freezes then reboots..after occurring once its starting to become more and more frequent BTW I think its something to do with the music and/or changing the volume because when the phone freezes I was playing music and changing the volume?! Still keep up the excellent work!! :D

Guest kyan31
This IS the best ROM for the g300 as I haven't spotted any problems apart from when it just randomly freezes then reboots..after occurring once its starting to become more and more frequent BTW I think its something to do with the music and/or changing the volume because when the phone freezes I was playing music and changing the volume?! Still keep up the excellent work!! :D

Thanks, I recommend getting the app Greenify to reduce RAM use. More free RAM equals less lock ups. I have about 120-150mb free RAM with all my apps installed and Greenify running :)

Guest nsmacd1

Can anyone please point me in the direction of the option to turn fastboot off, as I can't find it anywhere and I'm getting a headache from going through every single setting option!

(Trying another way of changing the splash screen!)

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest nsmacd1

Fast boot is only a feature of stock-based roms, it's not in CM roms so you don't need to turn it off.

That'd be why I can't find it then :) ...And another idea to change the splash screen out the window!

Guest nobody008

The back-up restore is causing the problem (I had the same on ICS ROMs), so I just downloaded apps from PlayStore & re-installed others manually. Slow, but effective! :)

Once up & running again, then you can create another Go Backup file and use that for future restores (In my experience with no further errors!)

Use Super Backup or Helium Haven't had any problems with Super backup used it for about 1 year now, but I haven't really used helium much.

Guest Arūnas

I'll check it out tomorrow when i'm outside, if it is buggy for me too i'll fix it.

Kyan, have you checked lattitude yourself?

Guest killuminatiii

Thanks, I recommend getting the app Greenify to reduce RAM use. More free RAM equals less lock ups. I have about 120-150mb free RAM with all my apps installed and Greenify running :)

I found that the wolfscript stopped the problem and improved the performance on my phone

Guest george109

Just downloaded V4, What is mobile broadcasts settings. I know its for emergancy alerts but what does it actually do?? Also does it work in the UK