Facebook Home download (including patched APK version)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mister-neowl

Hi Paul, thanks for your hard work as always!

Installed the patched Facebook apk fine, but whenever I try to install the patched Messenger apk it throws up an error?

I'm running a rooted Desire C.

Guest Da Baron

Works flawlessly on my "rooted" HTC One S on TMOB US. Only option it doesn't provide is Chat Heads via the Messenger settings screen. Any idea why that is?

Thanks for providing these APK's for us on non-supported devices.

~

Da Baron

Guest Da Baron

Working for me on my Nexus 4 CM 10.1 M3

I just posted the same issue after installing the APK's Paul provided. There was another version out via XDA that had the same issues not having the Chat Heads working. Not sure what causes this problem but on a screenshot someone posted there would be a "Allow Chat Heads" check box in the Messenger settings section if everything installed properly.

Da Baron

Guest Fankuan

With all of the apks from here Installed, everything works on my sgs2 except for replying to SMS chatheads, where no text field appears! Its just a conversation, as opposed to Facebook message chat heads where everything g works normally. This issue persists into the app itself, can't reply to texts.

Guest NandoD1707

So this was super interesting considering it goes against everything I've read. I downloaded the 3 apks, could only install the Facebook app and messenger, but kept getting an error when trying to install FB Home. Even so, ALL that was working was chat heads, and not only that, but I couldn't get rid of the notification even once I had read the message.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S Advance.

Guest earthling0001

Everyone with problems with SMS, install the Play Store messenger instead. Works fine with Paul's other two apps.

Sadly chat heads seems broken on either version. Paul?

Edited by earthling0001

Guest Bobk199

I was successful in downloading and installing Facebook and Messenger, but receive "Parser error: There is a problem parsing this package." I am using a Motorola Electrify running Android 2.3.5. How can I work around this?

Guest Tomi Tomi

I have managed to make chat heads working now.

It works flawlessly!

1st I removed anything to do with facebook, restarted device and

2nd I downloaded Pauls messenger, installed and waited for chat heads to appear.

3rd I installed Facebook and last instalation was home.

now everything works seamlessly!!! thanks again for pached apks

Guest Djstar82

Works great on Galaxy Note... & Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 ... Anyone know how to make it show most recent posts in order .. cause its just showing Top Stories i changed it in facebook settings to show it but nothing it still showing up as the Top Stories.. please let me know if anyone knows a way to make it show the recent stories in order

Guest earthling0001

Now if you could get notifications working for all apps like the HTC First exclusively allows?... :wub:

Paul, any chance of this do you think?

Guest niijonodhg

Not able to run Facebook Home on your device from the Play Store because of where you live or because your device isn't supported? Help is at hand!

If you are on an officially supported device (in an unsupported country)...

Before installing Home you need to ensure that both latest Facebook main app (katana) and Messenger app (orca) are installed... once they are, use this link - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - to install Facebook Home then activate Facebook Home in the Facebook application's 'Settings' menu.

On an unsupported device? No option to activate Facebook Home?

Don't worry, I have you covered! I've patched the Facebook application to remove the device check. You need to uninstall your existing Facebook, Messenger and Home applications (necessary because the patched versions are re-signed), then install the patched Facebook main app (katana) - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid), the patched Messenger app (orca) - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) and the patched Home app - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid). Sign in and in the Facebook application's 'Settings' menu the Facebook Home option should appear for you! :)

Let me know how you get on. One last thing - if you want to post about this elsewhere, PLEASE link back to this post, don't deep link the files or pinch them for yourself. Thanks.

P

Before I go and uninstall all my Facebook apps etc.. Do we think this will work on an unrooted Motorola RAZR I (what with the Intel architecture?)

Thanks,

Jono