Problems installing Jelly Bean ROM's

Guest Fredriksen

Guest Snowscape

Well, if you figured it out, why didn't you post the script at the firstplace? I am not a developer, I only have android phones for 6 months, blade 3 for a month. Excuse me for trying to learn how to solve problems. I tried something, it worked and I posted my findings to help others. :-p

Hey, no need to say sorry, I didn't mean the script, I only meant the fact that only performance governor works for us, so setting it automatically with that script will bring the same effect as setting it manually in device settings ;). The problem with other governors still exists, though.

Guest daliborhes

No, it doesn't. Without the script, only by setting performance governor in device settings, freezes still hapens after manual reboot, with the script there are no freezes at all.

Guest daliborhes

I found out today that this kind of problem occures on a bunch of devices not only on Blade 3. There is a flashable script called Kernel Cleaner on a link below that solves this problem on HTC One S. As I understood, the script fully cleans kernel (deletes all the repos from the previous kernel through init.d - zipalign, modules, mounts, scalling etc.). After that, there's no more problem with booting. However, it's not fully working after first flash, so it has to be flashed a couple of times. Now, could this script be modified for ZTE Blade 3, maybe the problem will disappear on our device?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2121584

Guest peetu20

I found out today that this kind of problem occures on a bunch of devices not only on Blade 3. There is a flashable script called Kernel Cleaner on a link below that solves this problem on HTC One S. As I understood, the script fully cleans kernel (deletes all the repos from the previous kernel through init.d - zipalign, modules, mounts, scalling etc.). After that, there's no more problem with booting. However, it's not fully working after first flash, so it has to be flashed a couple of times. Now, could this script be modified for ZTE Blade 3, maybe the problem will disappear on our device?

You can try to flash it, but make sure you have working ROM backup somewhere.

Guest daliborhes

Actually I can't flash it 'cause afaik, I'll brick my phone. It's designed especially for HTC One S. I allready contacted the moder of the script about this and I'm still waiting for an answer.

Guest KonstaT

[/CODE]

You should most definitely not install that on your device! And it's completely useless anyway.

Why not learn to wipe properly instead. Wipe data and factory reset, mount and storage -> format system. That's all you need to format every necessary partition once (formatting some partition two or three times is also useless). When reporting issues, it's always the first question anyway. Did you wipe?

Guest daliborhes

Ok, here's the deal. First of all, I already said that flashing that particular script will brick Blade 3, that's why I asked if the script could be modified. I'm not demanding anything from anyone, just looking for an information. Second, I have an issue and I'm looking everywhere to find the solution. Maybe my suggestions seems ridiculous, but at least I'm trying. As I said somewhere on this forum, I'm only 6 months into the world of Android, and in that time I learned a lot about basic stuff like flashing rom, customizing the device performance etc. I even successfully ported several roms on my old Huawei U8500, but I'm still learning. Third, the thing about the script was brought to my attention by a moderator from another forum, who has HTC One S. There's no reason for not believing him, so I posted here. Fourth and final, of course I wiped, properly. Before flashing rom, after flashing rom, before and after flashing rom. Nothing helps. The only thing that I want is to make my Blade 3 fully working with Jelly Bean, custom or stock, it doesn't matter. Since the official upgrade to Jelly Bean is nowhere to be found, my only solution is to pass through this issue that I'm having, with freezes and reboots. I'm thankfull to anyone who can help me resolving this problem and I apologize if I'm being annoying about that.

Guest KonstaT

Ok, here's the deal. First of all, I already said that flashing that particular script will brick Blade 3, that's why I asked if the script could be modified. I'm not demanding anything from anyone, just looking for an information. Second, I have an issue and I'm looking everywhere to find the solution. Maybe my suggestions seems ridiculous, but at least I'm trying. As I said somewhere on this forum, I'm only 6 months into the world of Android, and in that time I learned a lot about basic stuff like flashing rom, customizing the device performance etc. I even successfully ported several roms on my old Huawei U8500, but I'm still learning. Third, the thing about the script was brought to my attention by a moderator from another forum, who has HTC One S. There's no reason for not believing him, so I posted here. Fourth and final, of course I wiped, properly. Before flashing rom, after flashing rom, before and after flashing rom. Nothing helps. The only thing that I want is to make my Blade 3 fully working with Jelly Bean, custom or stock, it doesn't matter. Since the official upgrade to Jelly Bean is nowhere to be found, my only solution is to pass through this issue that I'm having, with freezes and reboots. I'm thankfull to anyone who can help me resolving this problem and I apologize if I'm being annoying about that.

You misunderstood my point. I think it's awesome that you're trying to find solutions on your own instead of just whining what most people generally do. :)

I just pointed out that that script useless. It doesn't do anything that properly wiping your device in recovery doesn't. IMO it should have never even been posted on XDA.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Arpy222

Hello!

My blade 3 was exchanged to a new one in warranty, and now I have got this freezing issue too.

I wiped correctly. Tried several ROMs: (Konstat CM 10.1, hjanos1 CM10 and CM9 (the last is ICS based))

The stock ROM works well, and the WorldEndBefore too (it's stock based too).

How could we help to you Konstat to find out the cause of the problem?

(My roommate has a blade 3 which works well with CM, so I can make comparisons if needed,)

Regards, Arpy

Edited by Arpy222

Guest Arpy222

I tried to compare the two phone, but doesn't seemed any difference.

So maybe there is only difference in the default software (driver? bootloader? I don't know).

• 3 weeks later...

Voisko konstat vääntää nyt ihan suomeksi ton scripti ohjeen? Yritääny ties kuinka monta kertaa, ei vaan onnistu. :( Tein siis uuden kansion tuonne ect kansioon. ja nimesin sen "init.d":ksi scriptkin nimeksi laitoin "55governor" menikö oikein? Entäs miten nuo permissionit pitää säätää, siis nämä esim. rwx-rw-rx? En tiedä onnistuinko jo tässä mutta ei tämä ainakaan boottaa ollenkaan. =S

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Arpy222

Wow, really great work Konstat, the new 14.8 version CM10.1 ROM finally works well on phone which was previously freeze from CM.

Thank you, I really appreciate it!