[ROM][JB]-Android Open Kang Project for the Huawei Ascend G300. R2 Updated: 22/4/2013

Guest raverrr

Guest raverrr

I use Tasker to turn off data and 3G whenever I dont use it, and I am still struggling to get a day out of a JB rom with light use

with stock+ I get 3 days plus

wow. I could get 2 days out of stock ICS if I made a conscious effort to leave my phone alone as much as possible. But like above, I charge my phone overnight anyway so as long as it can do 10 hours I'm not really fussed.

Guest raverrr

When will be the new bulid the eagerly waiting for it?

You should know by now not to ask for ETA's... but I should imagine... in the next few days. If last night's build went well and I get some "geek time" tonight. I'll give a progress report later. Hard to say really. Things don't always Go to plan :)

Guest raverrr

We love your rom this for the simple reason that the best of these ROMs on MoDaCo go for Raverrr. :D

Not sure I understood that... but thanks lol

Guest raverrr

Your rom is the best I have ever used and believe me, I used them a lot.

Aww thanks lol. I could correct you but I'm just going to take that compliment and run haha xD

Guest dannchelu

I have jsevi patch but I will search tillaz patch when I will be home.

Thanks for info and for your work :)

Edited by dannchelu

Guest Gabrielius

Hi everyone! I have tried Daz's JB, Electra, but they both seems to become laggy after a while and too slow. If it is worth trying this one? Maybe it is faster than those two?

Guest djuroue

Try it. You will not regret ! :D

Tried camera, it is faster, panorama mode works but has some glitches while working. I experienced a caller id lag five minutes ago ... :)

Edited by djuroue

Guest phyllocrania

Flashed it today. Found it much better than CM 10. At least games DON'T lag. Temple Run 2 runs buttery smooth. Battery life seems great. Hopefully auto brightness will be fixed soon. :D

Guest plewis1981

Hi raverrr thanks for the new build.

I flashed this thismorning whilst on a brake at work so only just got chance to play.

WiFi tethering works if you set its security to open. A bit risky I know!

Guest Andymac1969

Evening, still loving this ROM, I have two problems, Google Now says I need to enable location settings, even though they are all selected, and my No 1 app I use FC's when I open it, it has never done this before on any other ROM, I would suspect it is something to do with location/GPS settings as it is a location based Cardio trainer.

The Cardio Trainer opens, but as soon as you 'select' log workout and it trys to access location info it FC's

I enclose logcats for them both

Just like Arnie, I am back, but exactly the same issue mate, I enclose a logcat

Regards

logcat.txt

Guest Gabrielius

So I have flashed it today and it seems to be greatly customizable rom, but I am experiencing few drawbacks:

1) Google won't restore apps, wifi spots by itself and it is really pain in the ass, because I have to download each app manually (this feature worked in electra rom)

2) I've missed music player in this rom (shouldn't it be here?), but I have downloaded Shuttle player and it is not showing any music from my sd card and when I try to play music through file manager, it says that there are no program supporting this file format :/

3) Gallery doesn't show pictures from my sd card. Gallery is just empty.

It's really great ROM, but I need these features fixed badly :/

EDIT: I have connected my phone to laptop and it's showing that sd card is empty, even it says that 6gb of space is used. My files just are not showing

Edited by Gabrielius

Guest blacksh4dow

@up

2) AOKP hasn't stock music player. Use other, like Apollo (from CM) or buy good paid player, i.e. Poweramp.

3) You probably bricked SD Card.

Guest Gabrielius

How I could do that by only flashing this rom? There is really important stuff to me, this is insane! Android File Manager is SHOWING all the files, CW recovery is showing all the files, just the rom isn't recognizing the photos, music and also pc is not showing anything if it is connected through usb cable