any ideas????

Guest brit07

Guest brit07

my phone is stuck on the orange logo when booting after i tryed to deodex the rom anyway i can get into fastboot and recovery yet the aio tool does not see them only when i let the phone hang on the orange logo will it see the adb device and then all i can do it command it to reboot ect any ideas please!?

Guest BlueMoonRising

You could try :-

boot into fastboot then open c:\sandiego\tools then click command prompt and then type:

fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update c:\sandiego\tools\xolo\update.zip

(make sure you have the "xolo uppdate.zip" in c:\sandiego\tools\xolo)

then go into recovery on phone and choose the update.zip

when its finished go a full wipe and reboot

from http://www.modaco.com/topic/360929-help-stuck-on-intel-inside-boot-image/ courtesy of shootomanUK.

Guest brit07

dude you did it! what happend then any ideas ? it wasnt the adb drivers as the tool worked before and does again now ? just so i know for the future

Guest BlueMoonRising

dude you did it! what happend then any ideas ? it wasnt the adb drivers as the tool worked before and does again now ? just so i know for the future

No idea what caused it, excepting it was to do with the deodexing obviously. I've tried them once and had problems so I don't worry about themes now.

Guest BlueMoonRising

it was the sd card i want :(

I don't know where the idea came from originally but YOU DO NOT NEED TO DEODEX TO ENABLE THE SD CARD.

I just thought I'd make that clear since people keep bringing it up. If I could I'd sticky it...

Edit :- apparently I was (mostly) incorrect...

Edit2 :- "people you do not need to deodex to enable the sdcards or swap or have both enabled you only need to deodex if you want to have themes" from Ricky himself on http://www.modaco.com/topic/360684-sd-card-troubleshooting/

I knew I'd got it from somewhere...

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest glossywhite

I don't know where the idea came from originally but YOU DO NOT NEED TO DEODEX TO ENABLE THE SD CARD.

I just thought I'd make that clear since people keep bringing it up. If I could I'd sticky it... ;)

You do not have to SHOUT to get a point across.

Guest BlueMoonRising

well to be fair the tool it self told me i had to be running the deodex rom

Lol sorry, I wasn't shouting at you in particular. I've never enabled the SD slot so haven't seen it. Is it the manual you're talking about, that's the only place I can see it? If so, ignore that bit. Can someone who has enabled the SD slot and HAS NOT deodexed confirm this?

Guest BlueMoonRising

You do not have to SHOUT to get a point across.

Perhaps you've got a short memory(or are just stupid) but I requested you to not reply to me at all. Instead you have been trying to bait me so I'll think about reporting you for it.

You're right of course about shouting, I could always just use pretty colours and different fonts and then preach and sermonise like some idiots would.

Guest codroid

I just thought I'd make that clear since people keep bringing it up. If I could I'd sticky it... ;)

But you do if you want both internal and external to show, as the frameworkres.apk in that mod is deodexed ;)

Edited by codroid

Guest glossywhite

Perhaps you've got a short memory(or are just stupid) but I requested you to not reply to me at all. Instead you have been trying to bait me so I'll think about reporting you for it.

You're right of course about shouting, I could always just use pretty colours and different fonts and then preach and sermonise like some idiots would.

Do you not think I have better things to do than to concern myself with you?

"Bait" you? Do you not realise how egotistical you sound? You can do or say what you wish, but when you're abrasive or blunt to people, you need to know. You go right ahead and report me - I'm OK with that.

Guest BlueMoonRising

But you do if you want both internal and external to show, as the frameworkres.apk in that mod is deodexed ;)

God damn, I didn't know that. I've never enabled the SD card but considering I've just killed my iPod classic I may need to look into it.

Guest BlueMoonRising

OK, after going through the sandiego.bat script it looks like I was both right and wrong in regards to deodexing if you want to enable both internal and external storage(Micro SD card). It's entirely dependant on whether you have Orange or Xolo ICS. If it's Orange you have to deodex, if Xolo you do NOT have to deodex at all.

A good reason to stay with the Xolo rom I think, my 32GB card should be here shortly and I'll confirm the Xolo side of things at least when I'm done.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Excellent, I now have a fully enabled 32GB micro SD card up and running.

I can confirm that for Xolo at least YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DEODEX.

Presuming you're rooted of course insert the SD card and close up and restart. Use option (11) Enable Sdcard and after the restart use option (12) Enable Mass Storage(I restarted again and plugged the phone out to be safe). Lastly run option (14) Enable Both sdcard xolo, it will tell you that you need to be deodexed to continue, this is incorrect(it may apply for the Orange rom however). After yet another reboot Windows recognises both storage areas as does ES File Manager.

I'm using the stock Google music player which picks up music from both areas with no problems. I seem to remember Topcat(I think) had problems with his music player not picking up the SD card, I created a music folder on the card which is possibly where he was going wrong.

Thank you very much Ricky, for just £20 I've got a more than capable replacement for my dead iPod classic. :D