[ROM/GB] [PORT] AndroIum ROM V2.2.1 >>DOBLY SOUND NOW AVAILABLE!<<

Guest WiiSky70

Guest H3ROS

@ jtharmor

I stated "you and I have very a different opinion of what "sleek" is".

Everyones entitled to an opinion, and I gave mine and made suggestions as to what can be improved with this ROM. You said speed is one of the things you like about it, and I've said that if you think this ROM is fast that I'm confident that you're going to like my ROM when it's released. Is that boasting? Not really. It's me voicing my opinion. So for example, I mentioned how the recovery option should be baked into the shutdown menu, well on my ROM's and most of the other devs ROM's found here that options already built into the shutdown menu, so they're already faster to navigate around.

The problem on this forum is that when a dev gives his opinion about another devs work people are quick to think it's an attack, rather than suggestions being made. And that's worsened by the fact that Spanish members will translate what's being said and the translation doesn't come through correctly, so they think you're attacking them or saying bad things about the spanish ROM's, when all you've done is made suggestions and said what you don't like about it and what could be improved.

And you wasn't hijacked, you quoted me and I replied back to you saying I disagree with what you've said.

Guest omegavesko

@ jtharmor

I stated "you and I have very a different opinion of what "sleek" is".

Everyones entitled to an opinion, and I gave mine and made suggestions as to what can be improved with this ROM. You said speed is one of the things you like about it, and I've said that if you think this ROM is fast that I'm confident that you're going to like my ROM when it's released. Is that boasting? Not really. It's me voicing my opinion. So for example, I mentioned how the recovery option should be baked into the shutdown menu, well on my ROM's and most of the other devs ROM's found here that options already built into the shutdown menu, so they're already faster to navigate around.

The problem on this forum is that when a dev gives his opinion about another devs work people are quick to think it's an attack, rather than suggestions being made. And that's worsened by the fact that Spanish members will translate what's being said and the translation doesn't come through correctly, so they think you're attacking them or saying bad things about the spanish ROM's, when all you've done is made suggestions and said what you don't like about it and what could be improved.

And you wasn't hijacked, you quoted me and I replied back to you saying I disagree with what you've said.

I've noticed this as well. It's difficult to helpfully criticize other people's work when there's a chance someone will take it the wrong way and get offended by it.

Guest H3ROS

I noticed that at HTCmania one individual has already said that I'm "gay" and that most of the other devs here are too.

I know I often say what I think, and that may come off like I'm being harsh or that I'm comparing one thing to another, but I never flat out say a ROM sucks. I've given information on how the ROM could be cleaned up and improved, which I think is fair and the right thing to do. It would only be bad if I was to simply say that the ROM sucks or that it's buggy and I then didn't explain why I think that.

I personally like that the Spanish users have created ROM's based off of my work. I've read their forum before and tracked some bugs such as the in car bluetooth one, which I fixed a while back. So maybe what I say gets lost in translation for them, but I do appreciate the information they provide. All I want is to see the quality of the ROM's for our device be at the best that it can possibly be.

Guest Uncharitable

Hey, I'm not saying it's a bad port. It's a good port! It's just that the ROM itself is very basic and doesn't have the same level of polish when compared to something like AtomicMod. Like options aren't baked into the menus correctly, images aren't consistent, the OTA updater doesn't work, some of the scripts don't work and it claims to be Jelly Bean themed, yet what's Jelly Bean about it? The wallpaper isn't Jelly Bean, the lockscreen isn't Jelly Bean and the settings menus still contain Gingerbread themed elements.

I understand that people want more Gingerbread ROM's, and as you all know I'm working on one. And I know some people are getting impatient waiting, but if I were to release my ROM in it's current state I wouldn't be 100% happy with it as there's things I want to improve. I don't want to release a half baked ROM.

You working on one??

Wow! That's great!!

But... when it will be finished?

(Sry for my bad English)

Guest omegavesko

You working on one??

Wow! That's great!!

(Sry for my bad English)

Yeah, he's working on a jelly bean style ROM, based on H3 Blues. It'll be done when it's done, I guess.

Guest H3ROS

You working on one??

Wow! That's great!!

(Sry for my bad English)

This thread should be about this ROM, but I will say that you'll find updates on the new stuff in the H3 Blues thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WiiSky70

UPDATE AVAILABLE :

Version 2.1.0 (CUSTOM) -AndroIumBS / FBLACK

NEW ! - Rebased source to the final version of AtomicMOD

NEW ! - Further improvements to the UI

NEW ! - Bug fixes