[ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean [Build v8.0] Final - 04/08/13

Guest telonius

Guest telonius

I'll be on vacations for two weeks. Bluetooth problem noted and confirmed. I'll have a look at it when I'm back.

Summer in Greece is calling me :)

Guest LadyHazy

It's always a good thing to do a full wipe before flashing a new rom, although, if you're already on SlimBean v6.x and want to update to v7, just clear cache and dalvik-cache. Do a Nandroid Backup ofc, this is the standard procedure.

But i'll say it again, i really recommend a full wipe and a fresh install, but that's just my opinion

I thought I'd bricked my phone when attempting a full wipe and installation earlier :-/

I did a Nandroid backup, wiped dalvik cache, and partition, did a data/factory reset, then attempted to install V7.zip - which failed to work and showed error messages.

Panic ensued, so I attempted to restore my Nandroid backup - which didn't work! After some hunting around on the net I tried restoring parts of the backup in 'Advanced Restore', and this worked, except for the 'Restore System' part.

Re-booted the phone (as I didn't know what else I could do) and it got stuck on the boot logo.

Re-booted into CWM, tried to install V7.zip again, plus Gapps, and they both WORKED!

So I wiped the dalvik cache, partition, and did a data/factory reset again after this and started the phone.

I'm sure I made a simple process far more complicated than it has to be. I'm not sure flashing roms is for me, and I might not attempt it again :-S

Aside from this, the phone is running beautifully.

The only drawbacks I've encountered so far are Profile Scheduler+ won't install (error "-24"), and DroidStats can't find the mobile data interfaces to display the appropriate stats.

Enjoy your hols Telonius! And thank you ;-)

Edited by LadyHazy

Guest alearbo

DroidStats can't find the mobile data interfaces to display the appropriate stats.

The same happens with DashClock Data Usage Extension (all traffic is shown under "Wi-fi"). I wonder if it can be somehow related with the absence of the Data Usage section in Settings...

Guest dan nedan

..I wonder if it can be somehow related with the absence of the Data Usage section in Settings...

good point.

i use mobile network apk wich doesn't measure data traffic when data is on.

under 952 ww for instance mobile network apk was fine

Guest dragos185

youtube works,but it cannot be updated.something about the signature of the package that cannot be recognised.but in rest, is good.fast,smooth and small rom

Guest steveuk23

Hi

ive moved to this rom from Infusion and so far its got everything i need but i cant get one thing working,

On the photo gallery i had the option to include the albums i have on google+ so they show up on the gallery i have gone into account sync and enabled Google Photos and Google+ in the options and also deleted the gallery cache and data but still not showing up .

Is this because of the rom or the galley apk or maybe gapps or just something im doing wrong

Guest soulhand

Is anyone else seeing problems with GPS?

I have a standard cycling route I've done many times and tracked with mapmyride. It usually works OK.

SInce I installed slim bean, the first ride had issues where GPS readings would happen a long time apart (maybe a minute or more,) so I had long straight lines on my route instead of what I'd actually done

Today, in a 20 minute ride, no GPS readings at all were taken.

It's possible it's something other than the ROM, but the timing of when I started having issues is suggestive...

Guest steveuk23

i used the gps for a 2 hour drive the other day no problems,

Check the profile that you are using to make sure that gps is not disabled as it will turn the gps off even if you enable it .

And my stock dialler and messaging seems fine so far...

The only problem i'm having is its getting really sluggish after being on for about 2 weeks,

I have about 80 apps installed and there all linked to the sd card with the link2sd app, and about half of the apps are set into hibernate with the greenify app.

So in the list of running apps i only have facebook,whatsapp and greenify running besides the system apps but i struggle to get over 50mb free RAM

Anybody else have a issue with low available ram?

Guest thejaimes111
80apps? Thats badword crazy if you ask me. It would slow down even S4

Ahaha, not so, I have about that on my G300 and about 160 on my N7 :D

Regards !

Guest Coming

SlimBeanOP2.png

SlimBean is built from source and it's AOSP based.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
  2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
  3. Full hardware key rebinding!
  4. Keyboard rotation
  5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Bugs:

None?

Credits:

Dazzozo for the initial device tree.

Install Instructions:

1. Boot into CWMR.
  2. Wipe data/factory reset.
  3. Install zip.
  4. Reboot.

Changelog:

• 06/07/2013

v7.0
    Kernel: Backported lowmemorykiller from 3.4.
    Better handling of RAM. Major increase in multitasking.
    Tweaked built parameters according to cortex-a5 arch.
    • 30/06/2013

v6.9.
      • 26/06/2013

v6.8.
        • 19/06/2013

Compiled kernel and modules with the latest Linaro toolchain.
          Tuned target specific parameters, should make things feel a lot snappier. Test and let me know.

• 15/06/2013

Fixed Youtube.

Updated kernel and modules.

Moar battery?

Gapps+Extras included.

Lot of SlimBean changes. Check official site.

[*]01/06/2013

Aosp camera works now. Replaced the one from Huawei.

Lots of Slimbean new features and optimizations. Check the official site and github for details.

Skipped including gapps and extras. Check the downloads and install whatever you need manualy through CWM.

[*]20/05/2013

Updated kernel.

Merged latest SlimBean commits.

[*]13/05/2013: Initial Release .

Fixed Voip Output. Latest Viber version works fine now.

Some changes to how the volume is being handled during calls. Should fix volume getting too high at times.

Download:

Slim-u8815-4.2.2.build.7-UNOFFICIAL-20130705-2047.zip - 85.24 MB

Gapps + Addons

Njoy!

Can you add Chinese language in this rom?

We all love it but there's too much English.

Thanks a lot!

Guest Jamie Tees

I must admit, best ROM I have used so far, One huge problem is the bluetooth pairing issue, I had to change back to AOKP till that is sorted. When it is I'll switch back. I wouldn't be fussed, but I need my bluetooth for my car stereo.

Think you can sort it soon ?

Guest george109

Can I install the new (7.5) version over 7 without wipes? I'd prefer not to reinstall everything unless I have to...

I would do full wipes, but download an app called GObackup from the play store, and then back up everything to the external SD card, except for wi-fi access points. Then wait until it is done, wipe, flash the next version and then set up as normal, but then restore all of your apps and the data from GOBackup! Now you do not need to reinstall everything, as you can backup your apps! :D

Guest telonius
I must admit, best ROM I have used so far, One huge problem is the bluetooth pairing issue, I had to change back to AOKP till that is sorted. When it is I'll switch back. I wouldn't be fussed, but I need my bluetooth for my car stereo.

Think you can sort it soon ?

Yeah forgot about that will have a look at next weekly.

Guest telonius
Can I install the new (7.5) version over 7 without wipes? I'd prefer not to reinstall everything unless I have to...

No need to wipe anything, you simply flash on top.

Guest Jamie Tees

Yeah forgot about that will have a look at next weekly.

Thanks for the quick reply, keep up the good work, can't wait to see the next update, then everything will be perfectomundo :P

Edited by Jamie Tees