[ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean [Build v8.0] Final - 04/08/13

Guest telonius

Guest kyan31
Thanks Kyan. Lightning ROM was excellent, but I think I had a bad install as a lot of the apps would force close if I didn't fix permissions in CWM before I booted it up. So I'm now on Slim ROM, which is excellent, although slightly laggy. I think I'll give SlimBean a go when I have the time to mess around with the phone. (It's not so easy for me to swap between ROMS as I'm using Link2Int, which means you can't just restore a backup of an old ROM using CWM.)

Yeah I had a lot of complaints about buggyness etc, thats why I abandoned Lightning and built Tesla :P

Guest goodfella123

Are quick charge apps recommended and if so which one?

I listen to TuneIn radio app over 3G at work.

I think the phone is hungry enough to cancel out the actual charging, so i'm stuck on about 30%.

Guest Musicmaster

I've installed this rom. I notice a problem. Screen en functionbuttons don't respond fast. Sometimes I have to touch a couple of times before there is any rsponse.

Is this normal?

I had [JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [NIGHTLIES NOW AVAILABLE] which was really fast but no solution because of abnormal battery drain.

Edited by Musicmaster

Guest brunowing

Hi, is there any way to uninstall the app "Hangouts" ? I tried with Link2SD but it gives me an error... anyone have the solution?

Thanks and great job telonius !

Guest plewis1981

Hi, is there any way to uninstall the app "Hangouts" ? I tried with Link2SD but it gives me an error... anyone have the solution?

Thanks and great job telonius !

Did you flash slim gapps ??? Didn't think that talk was included??

Using a root fils manager navigate to system/app and delete the apk it my still be showing as TALK if you have not updated it

Edited by plewis1981

Guest DJPRMF

Hi there.

Great work! Great Rom! :D

Someone can teel if the caller id lag is gone (or almost)?

And about the calls, any problem?

Also, the OTA is supported? Or i need of update manually?

Thanks

Guest brunowing

Did you flash slim gapps ??? Didn't think that talk was included??

Using a root fils manager navigate to system/app and delete the apk it my still be showing as TALK if you have not updated it

I found what was wrong in my problem. Link2SD show an error when you uninstall the app, but uninstall the app anyway. I didn't notice it. Thanks anyway :)

Guest kyan31
Hi there.

Great work! Great Rom! :D

Someone can teel if the caller id lag is gone (or almost)?

And about the calls, any problem?

Also, the OTA is supported? Or i need of update manually?

Thanks

V8.0 is the last available update for the g300, so you don't really need OTA updates.

Guest jontylol

I'm a bit confused.. I woke up today to find that the play store is missing from my phone, as well as gmail (not sure about other google apps as I don't really pay attention to them, but google settings is there). I've reflashed gapps but still nothing. Any ideas?

Guest kyan31
I'm a bit confused.. I woke up today to find that the play store is missing from my phone, as well as gmail (not sure about other google apps as I don't really pay attention to them, but google settings is there). I've reflashed gapps but still nothing. Any ideas?

That doesn't sound right. Try this:

1. Download Es file explorer

2. Grant root and allow RW permissions

3. Go to /system/app and look for 'Vending.apk'

4. Click it and attempt to install it manually. There is a big possibility that it won't work, but its worth a shot.

Guest jontylol

That doesn't sound right. Try this:

1. Download Es file explorer

2. Grant root and allow RW permissions

3. Go to /system/app and look for 'Vending.apk'

4. Click it and attempt to install it manually. There is a big possibility that it won't work, but its worth a shot.

Nope, "There was a problem while parsing the package". Oh well, I only flashed this yesterday so i'll just do it again. Thanks!

Guest Musicmaster

I've installed this rom. I notice a problem. Screen en functionbuttons don't respond fast. Sometimes I have to touch a couple of times before there is any rsponse.

Is this normal?

I had [JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [NIGHTLIES NOW AVAILABLE] which was really fast but no solution because of abnormal battery drain.

Can anybody please reply?

Another problem I'm having is the build in swypefunction doesn't work. Can I solve this without using Betaswype ?

The rest is Rom is nice especially the fact it has normall use of the battery. Hope there is a solution for the mentioned problems.

Edited by Musicmaster

Guest dannchelu

For first problem try to use another launcher if this happens when you not use an application. Or try to reinstall. I use adw launcher ex and is working OK

Guest jamie_w

Does anyone know how to get the volume buttons to turn the phone from normal-vibrate-silent? Its not working on mine, im having to keep pressing the power button.

Guest Musicmaster

For first problem try to use another launcher if this happens when you not use an application. Or try to reinstall. I use adw launcher ex and is working OK

I have reinstalled and it seems faster now. Tnkx.

Rests only the swype problem. I really want this because normal typing on a phone is a disaster and too slow with Whatsapp.

Guest Musicmaster

I have reinstalled and it seems faster now. Tnkx.

Rests only the swype problem. I really want this because normal typing on a phone is a disaster and too slow with Whatsapp.

Solved.....

This ends my search for a good Rom. I keep this one because it does everything I need. Tnkx developer !

Edited by Musicmaster

Guest Naikkon

i try to flash this rom 2 times and still get the same error. "instalation aborded"

i'm using CWM 5 .i will try using cwm 6.

who knows why is happyning this

Guest niavlys1

Hello,

Is it possible to change the lock screen shortcuts, so it looks like the first picture in the first post of this thread?

I can't seem to find any lock screen options in the system settings.

Thanks, otherwise everything works well.

EDIT : Nevermind, I found the lockscreen settings. Thanks for this great rom!

Edited by niavlys1

Guest Naikkon

as i know cwm 5 is not the best version of cwm.

try using cwm 6.0.2.7.

i use this without any issues

only on this rom the CWM is not working.

and how to get CWM 6 ? any link to download