[ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean [Build v8.0] Final - 04/08/13

Guest telonius

Guest plewis1981

i try to flash this rom 2 times and still get the same error. "instalation aborded"

i'm using CWM 5 .i will try using cwm 6.

who knows why is happyning this

If the problem continues after flashing CWM 6 try re-downloading the ROM zip

Guest IceTapanho

I've been using this ROM for a couple of hours and I must say I'm very satisfied with its performance but disappointed by the mess of its configuration. From translated and non-translated things all mixed together, to hidden settings for the lockscreen.

I admire the work of kyan31 because its simple, neat and organized as electra was, but since there aren't updates for a long time I needed something else and this SlimBean its good, but not good enough.

Things I don't like in this ROM (maybe you know some upgrades I can do to solve this "problems"):

- Few ringtones and notification sounds. It's possible to have all Electra sounds?

- LED notification still not working properly (solved with 3rd party software)

- Not possible to choose dark or light themes and the stupid "Real Dark" REAL pisses me off turning all black (Gmail, SMS, Contacts,...). If deactivate, many things continue dark

- Slim File manager with primitive buttons and icons

- Sliding buttons too large (translation problem on the right):

kzfr.pngojc3.png

Besides this everything is smooth and this ROM is really really great in terms of performance, congratulations to the "adaptors" of this Slimbean.

Guest celrau

Well, nothing is perfect :). I use it in English and don't have some of the problems you do and the excellent performance was more important then the the stuff I didn't like. ATM my concern is security and privacy and (maybe I'm naive) SlimBean is a good foundation for that.

Guest DJPRMF

Im portuguese and i also see the same problem described by "IceTapanho".

But, honestly, the performence is good and the "translation" error is just a "little" detail... And, almost, only appear in the Settings...

Guest celrau

Funny thing, most computer related terminology makes little sense or sounds awkward in other language then English. I never understood why people who have good knowledge of English insist on having "native" language on computers/phones/whatever. But that's just me...

Guest Musicmaster

Funny thing, most computer related terminology makes little sense or sounds awkward in other language then English. I never understood why people who have good knowledge of English insist on having "native" language on computers/phones/whatever. But that's just me...

That's the problem with big countries. They are not used to speak a foreign languages. Holland is so little that we are used to speak foreign languages. If I visit Franch I have to speak French because they refuse to speak Englisch, pffffffff. Almost al the Dutch speak a minimum of 2 foreign languages, at least Englisch. The rest of Europe must follow and do not complain !

Guest viggen66

How to make this custom rom display the contacts which are stored on the sim card, I only have available on the contacts to display only my email accounts, why is that option missing?

Guest jamie_w
How to make this custom rom display the contacts which are stored on the sim card, I only have available on the contacts to display only my email accounts, why is that option missing?

I think its contacts-settings-import/export-then import from sim and it should show up.

Guest IceTapanho

That's the problem with big countries. They are not used to speak a foreign languages. Holland is so little that we are used to speak foreign languages. If I visit Franch I have to speak French because they refuse to speak Englisch, pffffffff. Almost al the Dutch speak a minimum of 2 foreign languages, at least Englisch. The rest of Europe must follow and do not complain !

From your way of thinking I can say you're from a big country by the terrible mistakes you make... You are wrong I'm from a small country.

You guys are way off-topic, my problem is that, the same options in other ROM were in the language I select and with this SlimBean some things persist in English.

The battery life is fantastic!

Guest Musicmaster

From your way of thinking I can say you're from a big country by the terrible mistakes you make... You are wrong I'm from a small country.

You guys are way off-topic, my problem is that, the same options in other ROM were in the language I select and with this SlimBean some things persist in English.

The battery life is fantastic!

You call that a problem? You are are able to write English but you are not able to read English? Some people make a problem of everything ........

Guest telonius

Hi telonius, I know you have said that your work on the g300 is now finished :( but there is still a problem with an app called TVCatchup still freezes before the program starts. I have made a log but when I was making the log I pressed retry so the errors have been produced twice,

Hello, unfortunately i've never used this app. This is related to the adreno drivers so can't do much about it.

I've been using this ROM for a couple of hours and I must say I'm very satisfied with its performance but disappointed by the mess of its configuration. From translated and non-translated things all mixed together, to hidden settings for the lockscreen.

I admire the work of kyan31 because its simple, neat and organized as electra was, but since there aren't updates for a long time I needed something else and this SlimBean its good, but not good enough.

Things I don't like in this ROM (maybe you know some upgrades I can do to solve this "problems"):

- Few ringtones and notification sounds. It's possible to have all Electra sounds?

- LED notification still not working properly (solved with 3rd party software)

- Not possible to choose dark or light themes and the stupid "Real Dark" REAL pisses me off turning all black (Gmail, SMS, Contacts,...). If deactivate, many things continue dark

- Slim File manager with primitive buttons and icons

- Sliding buttons too large (translation problem on the right):

Besides this everything is smooth and this ROM is really really great in terms of performance, congratulations to the "adaptors" of this Slimbean.

About the translation i've mentioned some posts before that there is a translation project at crowdin. You could also decompile settings.apk and replace what you doesn't see fit.

Guest celrau

My thanks to Telonius also, best 4.2.2. Few things I don't like with this rom are not related to his work but to the creators of SlimBean and are just a matter of taste.

I wish he still used the Huawei phone so that I can talk him into fixing B2G port ;) .

Guest mike111111

The best of all for me, does not lose the network and the battery lasts two days, the best without doubt, thank you to the creator of this rom. :) ;) :D

Guest subbrn2

The best of all for me, does not lose the network and the battery lasts two days, the best without doubt, thank you to the creator of this rom. :) ;) :D

+1