[ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean [Build v8.0] Final - 04/08/13

Guest telonius

Guest Balerion

Ok, so I'm a complete noob, yet using this guide: http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/install-the-custom-rom/ I managed to install Dazzozo's CynogenMod 10.1 6 months ago. But now I would like to try Slimbean, but im not quite sure how... So now that I have my phone rooted and all the others things installed (bootloader & clockworkmod) from when I installed CM 10.1 do I only need to follow the last guide "Install the custom ROM"? 

Also, the gapps link on the first page is a bit confusing as I don't know what I should be downloading!

I would really appreciate an answer, and please excuse my stupidness, but Im not really good at this.

PS: Is this custom rom safe? I wouldn't want to destroy my phone :/

EDIT: Regarding the gapps, reading some of the posts in here I found this: http://db.tt/szBvl1MP is this good?

Edited by Balerion

Guest dalyer

Ok, so I'm a complete noob, yet using this guide: http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/install-the-custom-rom/ I managed to install Dazzozo's CynogenMod 10.1 6 months ago. But now I would like to try Slimbean, but im not quite sure how... So now that I have my phone rooted and all the others things installed (bootloader & clockworkmod) from when I installed CM 10.1 do I only need to follow the last guide "Install the custom ROM"? 

Just to note that the bootloader unlock approach in that tutorial is out of date if you are going to run ICS/JB ROMs and may lead to instability/3G reboots etc. 

Instead you should do an official bootloader unlock as explained here:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/

This ROM is not going to destroy your phone.

Re gapps I presume you should download the slim gapps 4.3 mentioned in the link from the original post.

Edit: sorry - I see what you mean  - there are 3 (?) different gapps packages. Check the thread in case they are explained here already.

Edited by dalyer

Guest Balerion

Just to note that the bootloader unlock approach in that tutorial is out of date if you are going to run ICS/JB ROMs and may lead to instability/3G reboots etc. 

Instead you should do an official bootloader unlock as explained here:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/

Thanks, but I can still install it without doing an official bootloader unlock, right? I had no reboots on the CM 10.1 rom in the past 6 months (and I've used 3G) maybe Ill be as lucky with this one. So basicaly my main question is: Not having the official bootloader unlock won't stop me from installing it or damage my phone (except for random reboots) ?

Edited by Balerion

Guest dalyer

Thanks, but I can still install it without doing an official bootloader unlock, right? I had no reboots on the CM 10.1 rom in the past 6 months (and I've used 3G) maybe Ill be as lucky with this one. So basicaly my main question is: Not having the official bootloader unlock won't stop me from installing it or damage my phone (except for random reboots) ?

OK - if you are a lucky one with no reboots or other problems on the unofficially unlocked bootloader then congrats and carry on as you are ... :D

Guest dalyer

I got an error: (Status 7) Installation aborted.... what do i do???

Are you sure that the download is intact/not corrupted?

Unfortunately I can't see an MD5 checksum for the download.

At the very least try to open the zip in a zip tool to make sure that the zip format is not broken.

Guest Balerion

Are you sure that the download is intact/not corrupted?

Unfortunately I can't see an MD5 checksum for the download.

At the very least try to open the zip in a zip tool to make sure that the zip format is not broken.

I did open it win winrar and it gave me no error, I'll download it again and put it on the sd card using another phone... if it still doens't work is there any other solution? :(

EDIT: I rebooted and entered in recovery again, and now it did install and its working!!! Wow, im really happy!! (im at the animated slimbean logo)

Edited by Balerion

Guest Balerion

So after all everything went well and I'm really pleased! It runs so much smoother than CM 10.1 and I encountered no bugs so far. But what I'm really pleased about is the battery life which is so much better: I used the phone heavily in the last 2 hours and only 30% of the battery has gone (in CM 10.1 I was lucky if I could get 3 hours and half of lifetime from the battery while fully charged)

Thank you everyone for the help!

Guest roger1703

Hi, I have two reboots today, sometimes when I uninstall some app, or I connect it with the USB too. Do you now how I resolve it? I flashed this rom two months ago.

Edited by roger1703

Guest roger1703

Any chance it's a 3G reboot on the unofficially unlocked bootloader?

I unlock it officially. The reboot is caused when I activate mass storage with the usb. Sometimes when I unistall an app. Is there a solution?

Guest Balerion

The rom is great so far but I have one small problem, the Gmail app that was installed witth the slim_gapps (link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdofzsmcodd2ab9/Slim_Gapps.4.2.2.build.8.zip ) couldn't be updated, saying that I had to uninstall my current version of the app in order for the update to work. So I did, using slimsizer in the slim center I deleted the gmail.apk but now when i try to install the gmail app in the play store or using an apk it gives me an error saying that the app is incompatible or something like that... Is there any way to fix this? Yes its a small problem but the gmail app is very important to me. Any help is appreciated :)

EDIT: Problem solved! It never accourred to me to reboot the phone and try again... 

Edited by Balerion

The rom is great so far but I have one small problem, the Gmail app that was installed witth the slim_gapps (link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdofzsmcodd2ab9/Slim_Gapps.4.2.2.build.8.zip ) couldn't be updated, saying that I had to uninstall my current version of the app in order for the update to work. So I did, using slimsizer in the slim center I deleted the gmail.apk but now when i try to install the gmail app in the play store or using an apk it gives me an error saying that the app is incompatible or something like that... Is there any way to fix this? Yes its a small problem but the gmail app is very important to me. Any help is appreciated :)

EDIT: Problem solved! It never accourred to me to reboot the phone and try again... 

Did not face any problem with Gmail or any other Google apps on this ROM (currently not running this ROM though). Never had to restart to make anything work -- but have observed a restart solves a lot of problems. Only issue I faced was flickering of the Google Maps, otherwise good for all the apps I use generally. Found to be the fastest of all the JB ROMs, till I started to use this :P

Edited by smweb

Guest SparkTheDark

I had the same itch and am now back on stock+. Don't get me wrong it is very good just I missed the speed and stability of stock+.

So there's quite a performance decrease with SlimBean/JB ROMS then?

Guest kyoiorikof97

can any one tell me the...exact battery backup...

only calling & listening songs...

and what is the gaming performance....subway surfer is playable or not?

Guest marcioo

can any one tell me the...exact battery backup...

only calling & listening songs...

and what is the gaming performance....subway surfer is playable or not?

Is playable ;)

Guest roger1703

I installed floating notifications and it doesn't work when I activate the accessibility. Do you now how to make it work?

Edited by roger1703

Guest Esfingecolibri

Hi, I'm new here, so if my question seems stupid, sorry about that. I tried installing this rom on my g300, but the keyboard crashes, so I couldn't get it to work. My phone is rooted, I have the official bootloader unlock, and I did a complete wipe before installing. This isn't the first cusom rom I've installed. Previously, I had cm 9.1, and after that, cm 10.1, and both worked fine, so I'm not sure why this one doesn't. I'd really like to give this a try, because I've heard the battery life is really good on this rom. Can anybody help me out?

Edit: Ok, thanks for the help guys. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I used the gapps from the link at the top of this thread, which are for 4.3. I wiped everything, reinstalled both the rom and gapps, this time the 4.2. version, and now it works fine.  So far I like this rom quite a lot, it seems quite smooth. My only complaint is that the home and back keys are not very responsive. Does anyone know of any tweaks that might help with this?

Edited by Esfingecolibri

Are you sure that you wiped/formatted everything (including in advanced/mounts or whatever it is in CWM) before installing?

I normally do that before installing a new ROM.

And then do a factory reset in CWM for good measure after installing the ROM. :)