[ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean [Build v8.0] Final - 04/08/13

Guest telonius

Guest cjcandrei
So far, so good :-)

Installed no problems, everything works, fast and smooth. Even the bug where turning off quick panel and enabling power toggles fc's system.ui is fixed!

Phone volume was quite high initially, but that's why the volume rocker is there! Better to be loud and turn-downable than too quitet.

Auto brightness seems very sensitive - going too dark really, but I'll have a tweak.

Well I was asking about the incall volume after you've used the volume rocker and set it to minimum... It's quite high on my phone on all cm versions... Much higher then stock... I was wandering if this is fixed...

Thanks

Guest plewis1981

Dose the latest vertion have gapps included or do we need to flash them them as well, the only reason I ask is that the link for gapps is back in the OP?

Edited by plewis1981

Guest telonius

Dose the latest vertion have gapps included or do we need to flash them them as well, the only reason I ask is that the lunk for gapps is back in the OP?

Yeap, forgot to mention that. Nothing is included, only the essential ones. You have to flash gapps and whatever extras you need. Use the link from the OP.

Guest Wellus

For example on cm10.1 there is no constant line like here, I am really liking the battery over performance

dhVgUXl.png

was using daz cm10.1 well i liked how it worked but battery drain was huge :/ well i guess it's because of jelly bean, current custom rom(lightning) of ICS is huge improvement for me, ~70% left and phone was last time charged 2 days ago. So for now i am just lurking around this forum, looking for jelly bean rom, which has similar battery performance and i don't have time checking them out myself :/

Edited by Wellus

Guest bilakos10

Telonius any detailed changelog regarding the battery changes ? I'm kinda curious on how you fixed it

+1

Incredible job, συμπaτριώτη!

Guest celrau

I was going to try SlimBean today but realised that LBE Privacy protection doesn't work beyond 4.0.x. There is PDroid which I've tried several times to make it work to no avail (most solutions were Windows based which I never used). It would be really great if Telonius would take a look at getting PDroid work with his rom (or others for U8815) so that we can be more in charge of what our phones send out and to whom.

Just found this which might help...

Edited by celrau

Guest TangerineTractor

Ok, tried to do some semi logical thinking, looking at settings that affect standby or wakeup... daydream and volume ticket wake make no difference, neither does changing the minimum processor speed or the scheduler... still getting wakeup lags...

Guest crawlingcity

Ok, tried to do some semi logical thinking, looking at settings that affect standby or wakeup... daydream and volume ticket wake make no difference, neither does changing the minimum processor speed or the scheduler... still getting wakeup lags...

that's why I asked telonius for a detailed changelog. It can be a trade off to have a great battery, i dunno.. just throwing ideas to the air

Guest TangerineTractor

I had similar issues but worse in slim 3 4.1.2 - so there must be a specific setting change that causes this, I don't see it in any other Rom. It really is the only fault in this Rom so far.

Guest telonius

Getting random lag on wakeup. Not every time, but enough to be annoying.

that's why I asked telonius for a detailed changelog. It can be a trade off to have a great battery, i dunno.. just throwing ideas to the air

I had similar issues but worse in slim 3 4.1.2 - so there must be a specific setting change that causes this, I don't see it in any other Rom. It really is the only fault in this Rom so far.

Could you please define lag? You press power button end it takes time till the screen opens? Lockscreen lag? Have you over/under clocked? If you have overclocked it can you please put it back to normal and see if it stil doing it? I have a slight clue what might be but test it without overclock first. Please describe it as good as you can.

About what fixes the battery i just picked the kernel from shendu which is mostly old stock made to work on jellybean. So the problem for CM10.1 etc. is totally kernel related. Where exactly i can't tell since there are a lot differences.

Guest rikard0__

can whe use this ROM without Nova launcher!? if i use default Launcher i cant define how many homescreens i like!:/ can we fix it? i like this rom without novalauncher what can i do!?

ty

"sory ma bad english"

Guest TangerineTractor

I don't use a lock screen. The lag is when you press the power button, the screen displays straight away but it takes a few seconds before there's any response from touching it. The home key etc backlights go on then off then on again.

I'll try default processor settings.

Guest TangerineTractor
I don't use a lock screen. The lag is when you press the power button, the screen displays straight away but it takes a few seconds before there's any response from touching it. The home key etc backlights go on then off then on again.

I'll try default processor settings.

No, no difference

Guest bilakos10

Battery life is superb, but what about your free RAM?

I have installed about ~25 apps, i am "greenified" & the free RAM is about ~60mb.

Is that right?

Guest TangerineTractor

I have very little free ram left, but my understanding is that it's not an issue... there's no point in having ram is its not being used fully!

Guest dmalaquias

I have very little free ram left, but my understanding is that it's not an issue... there's no point in having ram is its not being used fully!

I don't have that lag.

I'm using this clock sets:

Max: 1008mhz

Min: 480mhz

Governor: SmartassV2

I/O: CFQ

Also, i'm using swapper to have 250mb swap and also the app greenify to take out facebook. I have also autostarts to prevent the auto triggers from many many apps i have.

So..with this i have ~100mb free of ram.

Guest TangerineTractor

I don't have that lag.

I'm using this clock sets:

Max: 1008mhz

Min: 480mhz

Governor: SmartassV2

I/O: CFQ

Also, i'm using swapper to have 250mb swap and also the app greenify to take out facebook. I have also autostarts to prevent the auto triggers from many many apps i have.

So..with this i have ~100mb free of ram.

I've put on greenify to take out Google maps.

Never used swapper... which version, where from, and how is it configured?