[ICS-ROMS] ★ Emotion Ui Your ROM ★ Updated: 25.06.13

Guest PCTechRoss

Guest fjellape159

It changes when you change the home screen wallpaper

Ok, I formulated my question in a wrong manner. What I meant was how to have different wallpaper and way other screenlock wallpaper. ie(I have a tree on a desktop and like a plain on lockscreen).

Guest PCTechRoss

Ok, I formulated my question in a wrong manner. What I meant was how to have different wallpaper and way other screenlock wallpaper. ie(I have a tree on a desktop and like a plain on lockscreen).

I don't think you can, not at the moment anyway.. sorry.

Guest Sir Bacon

I gave this Ron a try a while back, it's ok. You can easily transfer the components to other roms so I don't see what is special :S

Also, it's all huawei junk, not your build, I don't understand how you get so much attention for not your work. Is crazy :S

Guest Paulzie

You have to update your ROM with the NEW EmotionUI and some new apps please!

Probably EmotionUI 2.0 based on JB there. Not useful for our devices since there is no official Huawei build of JB for them.

Good news is there has been an official ICS+EmotionUI release by Huawei for the U8860 Honor device. http://en.ui.vmall.com/downloadhonor.html (June 2013).

Guest Hayder7

It's sad to see good people being defeated by careless ones. Just imagine that every one like you Ross is upset by the few non thankful persons around here and leaving! Is that a good situation. If I were you I would just ignore those silly immature comments and continue what I am doing. I won't agree with you you just leave. I think that way you just did what these paranoid people want. Good luck any way:rolleyes:

Guest Paulzie

Bacon dude, why don't you make a perfect ROM instead of saying other ROMs are shitty, I bet your ROMs aren't better.

Credit where it's due

I for one see good things coming from Sir Bacon. That being, Ross has split off the EmotionUI component as standalone and can be applied to any one of the great Stock based ROMs available (Stock+, Tesla) tweaked by experts. This reduces development redundancy which means more time can be spent making the best possible ROMs available. It has also made me re-think some of my own 'ROM-cooking' development.

Sir Bacon's comments instigated this. Admittedly, could have used a bit more tact but in the end it got us to a better place so thank you.

Ross, could you credit the source of the EmotionUI component? It would once again prevent research/download redundancy to find out. I understand it is the June 2013 release of the U8860 ROM I linked earlier but likely others do not.

Guest Gabriel94

Sorry Ross but I wouldnt recommand applying your update on Tesla, it replaces system.apk and then you dont have acces to some specific settings like trebuchet launcher, tesla settings, performance and superuser and for me it also didn't apply the emui home launcher.

what's the difference between new version and your own version, can just flash over the top without full wipes, is there any change log?

Guest PCTechRoss

Sorry Ross but I wouldnt recommand applying your update on Tesla, it replaces system.apk and then you dont have acces to some specific settings like trebuchet launcher, tesla settings, performance and superuser and for me it also didn't apply the emui home launcher.

I thought i removed the systemui apk

Guest kyan31

I thought i removed the systemui apk

What he means is it replaces the settings.apk, meaning all my custom Tesla settings disappear. Maybe you should update the zip with the removed settings apk, or make a variant. Many ROMs would benefit a variant such as Tesla or Infusion as they both have custom settings.

Guest Paulzie

Can anybody advise if Ross' download includes gallery2.apk, saving me a download to find out? It needs to be the version that's sourced from the EmotionUI source ROM for the MEWidget gallery icon to work. Sometimes gallery2.apk incorporates the Huawei camera which you wouldn't know from the name.

Ross, is this ROM definitely sourced from http://en.ui.vmall.com/downloadhonor.html ?

Edited by Paulzie

Guest PCTechRoss

What he means is it replaces the settings.apk, meaning all my custom Tesla settings disappear. Maybe you should update the zip with the removed settings apk, or make a variant. Many ROMs would benefit a variant such as Tesla or Infusion as they both have custom settings.

Oh crap I forgot to remove that

Guest kyan31

Oh crap I forgot to remove that

No worries, just add a warning to the OP for the time being until you update the zip, thanks a lot :)

Guest Pyntux

Does this works on stock b952? Because after installing there;s no Emui launcher, just new icon theme and some new apps...

I'm running stock b952 with tillaz's power toggles...

Edited by Pyntux

Guest kyan31
Does this works on stock b952? Because after installing there;s no Emui launcher, just new icon theme and some new apps...

I'm running stock b952 with tillaz's power toggles...

Ross forgot to add the launcher, so you'll have to wait until he fixes it.

Guest cryptoncore

Flashes on all stock based? So this should work on CM9 right? if it should work, I shall backup and have a look! Always been interested in the EMUI but I think it's hard to get used toooooo, but if I can flash this and keep CM9 features, I'm willing to try :)