[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

Guest george109

I assume that you are in Croatia, I will try to find an update.app for you. but first, where did you get your G300 from?

Jep...Croatia. I've bought the phone from the carrier called bon-bon (if this means anything to you?), and officially phone was on GB locked on that network, but after official update to ics the phone was network unlocked.

Guest george109

Cool!!! :D

And thank you for your patience, and sorry if I'm asking too much questions, but bricking my phone currently is not the options, so I have to ask :blush:

Don't worry, when I was new, I really worried about bricking my G300 as well! Now I don't worry as much as you cannot brick this phone, unless you do one (or more) of these things:

1. Alter your IMEI - as this changes MAC addresses

2. Take the battery out when you are doing an update.app

3. Break it physically!

You should see what I put my g300 through! one example is overclocking it(I think the devs were shocked when I said that I had been running my phone for 2 months with the minimum CPU speed at 1113 mhz and the max at 1113 (as that as fast as it will go before it freezes up or reboots! :P)

Everybody has to start somewhere, I also used to ask a lot of questions when I was new as well! :)

Don't worry, when I was new, I really worried about bricking my G300 as well! Now I don't worry as much as you cannot brick this phone, unless you do one (or more) of these things:

1. Alter your IMEI - as this changes MAC addresses

2. Take the battery out when you are doing an update.app

3. Break it physically!

You should see what I put my g300 through! one example is overclocking it(I think the devs were shocked when I said that I had been running my phone for 2 months with the minimum CPU speed at 1113 mhz and the max at 1113 (as that as fast as it will go before it freezes up or reboots! :P)

Everybody has to start somewhere, I also used to ask a lot of questions when I was new as well! :)

Thank you man! If you ever come to Croatia on vacation, you have a free beer! :)

Also I saw that you like biking...me too! :D

Guest george109

Thank you man! If you ever come to Croatia on vacation, you have a free beer! :)

Also I saw that you like biking...me too! :D

Oh yeah! Do you do more mountain or road biking?

Sorry, but I can't find anything for a Croatia update.app :( so I would recommend using the ics repack and bootloader zip,

Sorry, but I can't find anything for a Croatia update.app :( so I would recommend using the ics repack and bootloader zip,

Little bit of both, but nothing too extreme...only a little bit xD

I know it's not Croatian but would the Serbia Telekom B952 update.app be of any use?

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDcwNjQ=

Guest george109

As I understand his power button was physically damaged, so it falls under the george's category No.3 xD

Oh yeah, but still, I think playing with
/dev/block/ 

is a REALLY bad idea! :blink:

Guest george109

Thx but update.app do not go on my case, so I will try with zip files

Ok. Good luck

Remember, you can't do this on the stock recovery. You will need CWM or TWRP recovery for the zip files...

Ok. Good luck

Remember, you can't do this on the stock recovery. You will need CWM or TWRP recovery for the zip files...

I know. I have twrp 2.6.1.0 so I think everthing is going to be OK.

But tommorow I will try again update.app with two different sd cards and see what happens.

If it still does not work after this, click the button below:

You will need CWM recovery to be able to update, If you don't have it, follow

this post to get it. Now, Chris Wyatt, has reported that if you flash an ICS repack with Complete wipes - Go into mounts and storage in CWM, then wipe everything except:

/sdcard

/sdcard0

/sdcard1

/sd-ext

Now you have flashed the repack, you will have to go to the CWM home, then go to advanced > reboot recovery. Now wait until it reboots and then flash the relock bootloader zip by jsevi83. Then you can carry on with the tutorial, by following the next post.

In mounts and storage I have options to format: cache, cust, data, system, emmc, sdcard.

As I understand i need format everything except sdcard in my case...right?

I google it format/emmc and the people don't advise to format that.

Edited by TiMi79

Guest george109

In mounts and storage I have options to format: cache, cust, data, system, emmc, sdcard.

As I understand i need format everything except sdcard in my case...right?

I google it format/emmc and the people don't advise to format that.

It is fine on the G300. Its only on certain phones that it causes problems. The emmc is the internal SD card. It would be wiped when you do the update.app as well (i think)

Guest george109
And my bootloader is officialy unlocked via vodafone ics repack! :D

Everything went great!

Oops,double post. But anyway one more can't hurt!

Horray! :D

Edited by george109

One thing I've noticed is that my kernel got change. I've restored slim rom v13 with cwm and now I can't overclock above 1 ghz.

On "about the phone" it's says thaht my kernel is 3.0.8-pref-00248-g698ffda.

I know that slim rom was on kra1o5 Kernel Ouch but I don't know witch version and how to get it back on my phone?

Edit: 1,4 version maybe? ouch kernel

Edited by TiMi79

Guest george109
One thing I've noticed is that my kernel got change. I've restored slim rom v13 with cwm and now I can't overclock above 1 ghz.

On "about the phone" it's says thaht my kernel is 3.0.8-pref-00248-g698ffda.

I know that slim rom was on kra1o5 Kernel Ouch but I don't know witch version and how to get it back on my phone?

Edit: 1,4 version maybe? ouch kernel

Try rebooting to recovery and restoring boot. Don't worry, it won't restore the old bootloader, but the kernel instead. :) I made a mistake :wacko:

Edited by george109

Try rebooting to recovery and restoring boot. Don't worry, it won't restore the old bootloader, but the kernel instead. :) I made a mistake :wacko:

Thanks. It worked. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest george109

i sent my sn, imei, all, and i didnt recived email still... why?

sorry for bad english...

You could try to send the email again. Huawei are not very good at replying to unlock code emails, so send it a few times if they do not reply.

Also, try putting

URGENT:
in the title.