[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

Guest george109

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all !
Some time ago I followed this guide to root the phone and unlock the bootloader
http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/re-root-unlock-bootloader-install-clockworkmod-recovery/
Now i installed the Dazzozo CM 10.2. This ROM works fine and i have no one reboot.

In this case what real advantages would have to officially unlock the bootloader ? The phone would be more fluid ? 

Thanks

If you are not getting the infamous "3G reboots" when running ICS/JB on the unofficially unlocked bootloader then lucky you and I don't think that officially unlocking it is going to give you anything extra.

If you are not getting the infamous "3G reboots" when running ICS/JB on the unofficially unlocked bootloader then lucky you and I don't think that officially unlocking it is going to give you anything extra.

Hi, what do you mean by "3G reboots"? With some versions of CM 10.1 i have had some 3G signal loss and to get it back I had to manually restart the phone. But this thing seems to be resolved with the CM 10.2. 

Guest george109

Hi, what do you mean by "3G reboots"? With some versions of CM 10.1 i have had some 3G signal loss and to get it back I had to manually restart the phone. But this thing seems to be resolved with the CM 10.2. 

When the G300 is using a 3G network, then the phone might randomly reboot. A user that I did help over PM reported that they had a better signal when they unlocked officially, on CM 10.1

I would give official unlocking a go. It will not do any harm, as you can restore all of your apps, settings, ROMs and Recoveries, when you have unlocked :)

Edited by george109

Now you need to type

fastboot oem get-bootinfo
If the output is like this:

C:\adb>fastboot oem get-bootinfo
(bootloader)
(bootloader) Bootloader Lock State: LOCKED

(bootloader) System State: OK
(bootloader) Bootloader Version: 001.001.000
(bootloader)
OKAY [ 0.006s]
finished. total time: 0.008s

C:\adb>
Also, You can have this too:

(bootloader)
(bootloader) Bootloader Lock State: RELOCKED

(bootloader) System State: OK
(bootloader) Bootloader Version: 001.001.000
(bootloader)
OKAY [ 0.006s]
finished. total time: 0.008s
C:\adb>
This means that you have an official bootloader. You need to go to this post

If you get something like this:

_
(Where _ Is flashing)
Press control and C, to cancel the command. You have the "hacked" or unofficial bootloader. You will have to follow this post, to restore the original bootloader.

Apologies if these are slightly dumb questions but is the "hacked" or "unofficial unlock" bootloader (a) simply a copy of the original GB bootloader with no modifications at all or (b ) a copy with some additional mods or ( c) something else?

I think it's (a)?

I'm just curious because having used the downgrade from recovery zip to go back to the GB baseband (when installing superslim-v1) I just thought I'd try fastboot oem get-bootinfo to see what happens and when I did I got the latter behaviour (i.e. no output and flashing cursor). I presume that this is expected behaviour. (Note that I'm not currently planning on moving from GB back to ICS or JB so I'm happy with the GB bootloader and have no need to do an official unlock right now).

Edited by dalyer

Guest george109

Apologies if these are slightly dumb questions but is the "hacked" or "unofficial unlock" bootloader (a) simply a copy of the original GB bootloader with no modifications at all or (b ) a copy with some additional mods or ( c) something else?

I think it's (a)?

I'm just curious because having used the downgrade from recovery zip to go back to the GB baseband (when installing superslim-v1) I just thought I'd try fastboot oem get-bootinfo to see what happens and when I did I got the latter behaviour (i.e. no output and flashing cursor). I presume that this is expected behaviour. (Note that I'm not currently planning on moving from GB back to ICS or JB so I'm happy with the GB bootloader and have no need to do an official unlock right now).

Well, As far as I know, the Hacked bootloader is a copy of the Gingerbread bootloader, but I do not know if its modified. This is because the Gingerbread bootloader is originally, and by default unlocked. I *think* the reason for the 3G reboots is because the GB bootloader does not really support ICS baseband, so I think it loads it incorrectly, so 3G crashes the phone. 

Guest dalyer

Well, As far as I know, the Hacked bootloader is a copy of the Gingerbread bootloader, but I do not know if its modified. This is because the Gingerbread bootloader is originally, and by default unlocked. I *think* the reason for the 3G reboots is because the GB bootloader does not really support ICS baseband, so I think it loads it incorrectly, so 3G crashes the phone. 

Thanks - that's my understanding too but I was just wondering if somebody could confirm once and for all that the "hacked/unofficial" ICS/JB bootloader is simply a verbatim copy of the original GB bootloader. If I knew what to extract and MD5 checksum I'd do it myself ... but I don't...  :blush:

Guest george109

Thanks - that's my understanding too but I was just wondering if somebody could confirm once and for all that the "hacked/unofficial" ICS/JB bootloader is simply a verbatim copy of the original GB bootloader. If I knew what to extract and MD5 checksum I'd do it myself ... but I don't...  :blush:

If somebody knows how to extract this: BootloaderG300.exe

Then I could verify it, but at the moment, I have no idea - WinRar does not work, I am going to run it (obviously, do not with your G300 Plugged in!) and check the temp folder.

EDIT: I'm having a quick look at the linux version - There are no pesky applications to extract then, just a nice simple zip file! :P

Edited by george109

Guest george109

I Bring News! :P

Look at the hashes for the following files:

This one is for the GB download at: http://www.modaco.com/topic/361310-downgrade-upgrade-from-recovery/

Jsevei83 Downgrade.txt

This one below, is from the bootloaderg300 tool from HuaweiG300.com

HashList.txt

As you can see, the hashes are completely different! 

However, there is some bad news - This tells us nothing - The G300 bootloader could be specific to each G300, containing the bootloader unlock password, IMEI, Serial Numbers, MAC Addresses and other bootloader information.

Or the file could be completely different...

I will have to confirm this - so I am going to have a quick look in ubuntu, and see if there are any differences there... (Oh No :ph34r: !)

Edited by george109

Guest dalyer

Thanks for looking into this. 

Maybe my curiosity is pointless but it's always nice to know... :)

What exactly were you extracting and checksumming?

Guest george109

Thanks for looking into this. 

Maybe my curiosity is pointless but it's always nice to know... :)

What exactly were you extracting and checksumming?

From the downgrade.zip I was hashing

qscbl.img

From huaweig300.com > go bootloader, root + CWM in left menu > use linux > download pack

hash bootloader.img

Guest dalyer

OK - thanks. I wish I knew what all the bits in a ROM/zip were... It's sometimes difficult to find authoritative info on that sort of thing...  :blush:

Guest george109

OK - thanks. I wish I knew what all the bits in a ROM/zip were... It's sometimes difficult to find authoritative info on that sort of thing...  :blush:

Tell me about it! I have the same problem. I know what several things mean and do - for example init.d and gps.conf, but most of the other stuff is a mystery to me! Also, lots of different people report different things, which is really annoying, as you do not know who to believe in the end Also, there are so many devices, a google search can turn up information that is completely irrelevant to the G300! :angry:

This tutorial was mostly from me using a trial and error method, and I actually guessed on how to do quite a lot of the things, for example restoring the bootloader... (ssh, don't tell anyone! :lol:)

Edited by george109

Guest dalyer

Thanks. Until now I actually thought you knew what you were talking about but I know better now. JOKE! :D  ;)

Regarding the original ICS bootloader restoration - rather than having to do a full stock B952 update.app installation would it not be possible to create a small zip like the upgrade/downgrade from recovery zips that just restores the original bootloader before doing the official unlock? I realise that it may require subsequent re-rooting (?) and CWM but is there a reason that sort of approach would not work. It's quite possible that I am missing something obvious or otherwise here...

Edited by dalyer

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vincialex

Hi guys,I sent many emails to huawei because the first time they sent me one,the unlock procedure was unsatisfy....now I received for the third time the unlock code and it is the same as the first one!

What can be wrong if the code is correct and the IMEI is in (after I made it at 0 and reloaded)??

I tried tyhe official Huawei unlock procedure as well!!

Could be something on the adb package wrong?Or just some missing passage?

tnks to everyone

They have sent incorrect codes before but it seems odd  that you got the same one the first and third times. And a different one (?) the second time? Are you sure that you are following the tutorial carefully and doing the unlock on stock B952?

Guest george109

Hi guys,I sent many emails to huawei because the first time they sent me one,the unlock procedure was unsatisfied...now I received for the third time the unlock code and it is the same as the first one!

What can be wrong if the code is correct and the IMEI is in (after I made it at 0 and reloaded)??

I tried the official Huawei unlock procedure as well!!

Could be something on the adb package wrong?Or just some missing passage?

Thanks to everyone

Is the info that is reported on your phone, the same as the information under the battery? If not, then send Huawei the info from under the battery, and then try again.

It is because, sometimes zeroing the IMEI can mess up the MAC Addresses, so the addresses are wrong, so the code might be wrong.