[ICS][B960] ϟTesla ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300ϟ ✰31/05/2013✰

Guest kyan31

Guest crisdale

What update.app are you using?

At first i used the B952 International version that i got from the huawei official website. and then i tried the suggestion of plewis to use B926 update... both did not work for me...im so frustrated that i cant use my only phone now :(

Guest kyan31
At first i used the B952 International version that i got from the huawei official website. and then i tried the suggestion of plewis to use B926 update... both did not work for me...im so frustrated that i cant use my only phone now :(

Did you put the .app in the dload folder, not just on your SD card?

Guest crisdale

Did you put the .app in the dload folder, not just on your SD card?

yes. i made a folder named dload..and put the .app inside... Edited by crisdale

Guest kyan31
yes. i made a folder named dload..and put the .app inside...

I'm really not sure what the problem is then :(

I myself have never bricked a phone, so you should probably start a thread so you can get some answers from more knowledgeable people. However I'll help as much as I can :)

Guest crisdale

I'm really not sure what the problem is then :(

I myself have never bricked a phone, so you should probably start a thread so you can get some answers from more knowledgeable people. However I'll help as much as I can :)

Yeah it's ok. thanks much Kyan :)

Guest kyan31
I tried the link and done the first scenario... the problem now is that in the middle of installation of the ROM (still writing on system) the phone will restart and will stock on ascend logo...

Can you post another log, maybe there is a way of stopping the phone from rebooting.

Guest Pain_Deluxe

and now try again the update.app zip.It must be the cn b926.

Got the same brick month ago. But i solved it withB926 update.app.

(phone restarting on boot splash)

Guest crisdale

Can you post another log, maybe there is a way of stopping the phone from rebooting.

Hi Kyan, the phone does not reboot now while installing the ROM. the ROM installation completes..but still when i restart the system it will hang up on ascend logo...

i followed this:

1. Phone stuck at Huawei logo and CWM can be accesed:

• Enter CWM
  • Wipe Data and Cache
  • Go to mounts & storage -> format \system
  • Go to advanced -> wipe dalvik cache
  • Flash any custom rom you want, but pay attention to the baseband!

So i tried installing tesla again..no good..still hangs on ascend logo.

i tried electra..same happenned.

i tried .APP b926 through +/- and power button...but the pink bar stops in the middle..

Edited by crisdale

Guest kyan31
Hi Kyan, the phone does not reboot now while installing the ROM. the ROM installation completes..but still when i restart the system it will hang up on ascend logo...

i followed this:

1. Phone stuck at Huawei logo and CWM can be accesed:

• Enter CWM
  • Wipe Data and Cache
  • Go to mounts & storage -> format \system
  • Go to advanced -> wipe dalvik cache
  • Flash any custom rom you want, but pay attention to the baseband!

So i tried installing tesla again..no good..still hangs on ascend logo.

i tried electra..same happenned.

i tried .APP b926 through +/- and power button...but the pink bar stops in the middle..

I think you should make a new thread then, as I can't really help out much more :(

Make sure it's at the starting forum, not in the development/mods sub-forums.

Guest crisdale

I think you should make a new thread then, as I can't really help out much more :(

Make sure it's at the starting forum, not in the development/mods sub-forums.

Ok thanks much Kyan :)

Guest klezkk

Kyan, i get FCs on the standard clock app whenever i try to open general alarm settings or to add a new alarm. I can only modify a standard alarm or enter the desk clock mode.

Guest kyan31
Kyan, i get FCs on the standard clock app whenever i try to open general alarm settings or to add a new alarm. I can only modify a standard alarm or enter the desk clock mode.

Can you do a log for me? Thanks.

Guest kyan31

Link to procedure?

- Download CatLog from the play store.

- Set the filter to ERROR

- If the log isn't already running, press play, then re create error and stop logging.

- Save the log and send to me.

Edited by kyan31

Guest Sir Bacon

Gave this rom a go, very cool. The features are great, only minor issue is the performance. The speed n smoothness is very great but sometimes I get random lockups when opening maybe browser or switching task. It's annoying, reboot is sometimes needed, but I'm sure you fix it when you get a computer. I'll stay on this rom an overall it's usable and great. Thanks for the work.

Guest astraldemon

After using this ROM for some time, it's... well not satisfying unfortunately... When I get calls I sometimes get black screen and can't answer it, unlocking/locking sometimes behave strange. I sometimes can't see any icons of apps on my phone and have to reboot it. Video recording in some camera apps doesn't work, ringtone issue gets annoying with longer use. Battery life and performance is great though.

Guest kyan31
After using this ROM for some time, it's... well not satisfying unfortunately... When I get calls I sometimes get black screen and can't answer it, unlocking/locking sometimes behave strange. I sometimes can't see any icons of apps on my phone and have to reboot it. Video recording in some camera apps doesn't work, ringtone issue gets annoying with longer use. Battery life and performance is great though.

As it says in the opening post, I'll need a log to fix bugs. Without them I can't do anything.

Anyway, most of the issues you have mentioned are odd to me too. I haven't had these issues myself :huh:

Also, can you be more specific with 'the ringtone issue'. Thanks.

EDIT: Did you delete loopysmoothness from /system/etc/init.d?

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31
Gave this rom a go, very cool. The features are great, only minor issue is the performance. The speed n smoothness is very great but sometimes I get random lockups when opening maybe browser or switching task. It's annoying, reboot is sometimes needed, but I'm sure you fix it when you get a computer. I'll stay on this rom an overall it's usable and great. Thanks for the work.

I get the lock ups too, but besides that there are no other bugs. When I get my computer (which will be in the holidays) I'll fix the lockups issue.

Guest modrzej

Hi. I love Tesla ROM, but i have a little problem. On my G300 in Total Commander i can only use a internal 2GB memory.

I have reset dalvik and issue still exist. I have reinstall ROM and it doesn't help. In another file browser rverything is ok, only Total Commander have some issue. On another ROM - PAC, SLIM, CM9 everything is ok. I don't have any idea what is wrong. Has anybody have that issue ? Please help.

Guest kyan31
Hi. I love Tesla ROM, but i have a little problem. On my G300 in Total Commander i can only use a internal 2GB memory.

I have reset dalvik and issue still exist. I have reinstall ROM and it doesn't help. In another file browser rverything is ok, only Total Commander have some issue. On another ROM - PAC, SLIM, CM9 everything is ok. I don't have any idea what is wrong. Has anybody have that issue ? Please help.

Go to settings/storage and set the main storage to SD card.

Guest kyan31
Ok. but now i can see only external memory. What if i want to see all of them?

This ROM is based on stock B960, its not like CM or CM based ROMs. The way stock interacts witch the storages is different to CM (CyanogenMod).

Guest Salamin

I love that cubes wallpaper. Unfortunately I can't unlock my bootloader yet to give it a try...

Could I get it please? Thanks!

Edited by Salamin