[Guide] How To Flash CWM / Gapps / and Root The Vowney V5

Guest tillaz

Guest bryfly

have a read of this, sounds like the same problem on win 8

http://chinaphoneare...ead.php?tid=636

post #4 might be your answer

"Have you disabled digital driver signature? For flashtool you need MTK6589 USB VCOM drivers!

Open device manager, open flashtool, plug in your phone and install driver manually with open flashtool!

First you have MT65xx Preloader in device manager for two seconds when you plug, double click and install driver manually.

Then you should have MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port! Now it should be installed correctly."

here are the VCOM drivers from the site

http://www.solidfile...m/d/9662ae99a8/

As an old crinkly im rapidly losing what hair i have left.....

Have now Gone to a windows 7 pc, as i cannot make it work on windows 8

I have disabled digital driver signature

still cannot make this cwm install on my phone

Tried it with battery,sdcard and sim out

Tried it with battery, sd card and sim in Tried it with usb debug active and inactive

Installed pda net driver as tillaz suggested. then removed as it did not help

Still getting read flag as N/A

opened device man flash tool but could not see preloader for 2 secs

Edited by bryfly

Guest Rico_89

Try with SD card in but battery out. Also turn off your Anti Virus.. that might be stopping it from working. And don't worry it will install :) , but it can be a bit tricky the first time you do something like this.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest bryfly

Try with SD card in but battery out. Also turn off your Anti Virus.. that might be stopping it from working. And don't worry it will install :) , but it can be a bit tricky the first time you do something like this.

cheers, still no go, put in sd card, stopped anti virus etc, still will not go, think it is whatTillaz tried to help with driver!!, when switch phone on driver is present in device manager, no battery no driver in device manager...

Guest bryfly

"Have you disabled digital driver signature? For flashtool you need MTK6589 USB VCOM drivers!

Open device manager, open flashtool, plug in your phone and install driver manually with open flashtool!

First you have MT65xx Preloader in device manager for two seconds when you plug, double click and install driver manually.

Then you should have MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port! Now it should be installed correctly."

got a bit further with drivers followed above again and now see preloader in device manager and double click brings up search for driver but cannot find anything, guess im still not doing it right

Guest Rico_89

That guide is for a windows 8 PC isn't it?

If you're using a Windows 7 then, with your phone turned on, just plug your phone into your Win7 PC and if you can see and access your phone through your computer then you should have all the drivers you need.

If you can access your phone, then remove it from your Win 7 pc, then turn your phone off and follow the full tutorial to install CWM.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest bryfly

That guide is for a windows 8 PC isn't it?

If you're using a Windows 7 then, with your phone turned on, just plug your phone into your Win7 PC and if you can see and access your phone through your computer then you should have all the drivers you need.

If you can access your phone, then remove it from your Win 7 pc, then turn your phone off and follow the full tutorial to install CWM.

that is the problem, in win7 or 8 with phone switched on they both see the phone, as soon as I remove battery and go through the procedure the pre-loader comes up in device manager looking for a driver that it cannot find......

not sure if im confused can put stuff on and off sd card with phone plugged in, is that the same as seeing the phone?

Edited by bryfly

Guest Rico_89

not sure if im confused can put stuff on and off sd card with phone plugged in, is that the same as seeing the phone?

Yes that's seeing the phone. Now disconnect your phone from your PC. And turn it off. Now Follow the guide to install CWM :) .

Guest bryfly

Yes that's seeing the phone. Now disconnect your phone from your PC. And turn it off. Now Follow the guide to install CWM :) .

I must be thicker than I thought , ive done this on the san fran2 and the g300, just cannot get it on this vowney, in device manager still keeps pinging the preloader ..

Guest tillaz

yeah, if your on windows 7 i would suggest using the tool to remove the drivers then reboot the pc, then starting the guide again, ignore the N/A thing i get that to,

it changes to this after you add the scatter file (look before you add it and you will see).

if you still have no luck try this guide to install the VCOM drivers manually (reboot and try again)

the guide says MTK6577 but the drivers are actually all the same and is the installation on the PC.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2206421

Guest bryfly

if you still have no luck try this guide to install the VCOM drivers manually (reboot and try again)

the guide says MTK6577 but the drivers are actually all the same and is the installation on the PC.

Which guide to install the VCOM drivers??

Guest bryfly

getting somewhere, red bar 100%, at 1min 40 secs fail, BROM ERROR: S _ FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032)

EMI ENABLE DRAM FAILED

please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded

Guest tillaz

getting somewhere, red bar 100%, at 1min 40 secs fail, BROM ERROR: S _ FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032)

EMI ENABLE DRAM FAILED

please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded

try rebooting the PC and try again, i'm sure that's the error i got when flashing cwm, after a reboot it worked

also, you should do the first guide, if not already (just to make sure it gets proper drivers installed)

Guest bryfly

try rebooting the PC and try again, i'm sure that's the error i got when flashing cwm, after a reboot it worked

also, you should do the first guide, if not already (just to make sure it gets proper drivers installed)

will try what you suggest, did try first guide before I posted and got the same error as on the cwm at exactly the same point.....

forgot to ask should usb debug be on or off doing this

Edited by bryfly

Guest bryfly

No sorry didn't work, rebooted and get the same error on both at exactly the same 1min 40sec

Guest tillaz

will try what you suggest, did try first guide before I posted and got the same error as on the cwm at exactly the same point.....

forgot to ask should usb debug be on or off doing this

usb debug needs to be on for it to work and the battery out

Guest bryfly

Eureka..........cracked it........cheers

downloaded some more drivers and went back to windows 8, drivers in this time and went fine now got cwm, can it be updated to the newer one that you use your finger to scroll it?

Edited by bryfly

Guest Rico_89

Great news bryfly :) .

I doubt a different CWM can be installed because the recovery partition is only 6mb so Tillaz had to reduce the size of CMW as much as he could. The only other option would be to increase the size of the partitions but that would be a headache for very little gain because you don't use recovery all that much.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest tillaz

Eureka..........cracked it........cheers

downloaded some more drivers and went back to windows 8, drivers in this time and went fine now got cwm, can it be updated to the newer one that you use your finger to scroll it?

i did build TWRP which is much better but its 6.30mb and the recovery partition on the v5 (and most MTK6589)

is only 6mb, so i ended up having to port cwm :(

there is a guide on how to increase the partition size to 7mb

Here is TWRP image i built for the v5 (full touch recovery) http://www.solidfile...m/d/23b64d68cb/

you would just replace it with the one in the flash tool

but to use it you need to increase the partition size, i found this guide on how to do it but not tried it

"Use this tut here to permanently increase recovery partition to 7Mb for latest MT6589 when SPFT report error too large & causes region overlap..."

Guest bryfly

but to use it you need to increase the partition size, i found this guide on how to do it but not tried it

Cannot read guide writing is overlapping here it is in pdf

would like to try but a bit of a chicken after the problem installing cwm

7Mb TWRP.pdf

Edited by bryfly

Guest ChrisPNE

When I plug my phone it at the read back stage nothing happens.

In the 'read flag' column it says n/a not PageSpare as in the screenshots. Also when entering the hex's, I don't have the middle ReadFlag options.

What am I doing wrong?

Guest tillaz

When I plug my phone it at the read back stage nothing happens.

In the 'read flag' column it says n/a not PageSpare as in the screenshots. Also when entering the hex's, I don't have the middle ReadFlag options.

What am I doing wrong?

ignore the differences in the screenshots,

have a read of this from post #145

http://www.modaco.co...5/page__st__140

Guest ChrisPNE

ignore the differences in the screenshots,

have a read of this from post #145

http://www.modaco.co...5/page__st__140

This could be a stupid question but what does the CWM you've compiled for the V5 look like?

I've completed the flashing CWM steps with 100% on both but when I booted in recovery it said Android system recovery (3e). :/

Edit: My bad! I had it pointing at my stock recovery.img. Successfully flashed CWM now. :)

Edited by ChrisPNE

It was a pain to get this to work. Had every problem Bryfly had, but thanks to all the tutorials and suggestions by tillaz and others I was able to get it working. Thanks!