is the last rom? i buy it 2 weeks ago

how i know that my is root?

can you see that...in this screenshot?

post-1018513-0-08540100-1374990850_thumb

Edited by xaris-cd

Guest Northstandhero

how i read what rom i have?sorry i am new in android

is the last rom? i buy it 2 weeks ago

That's the same Stock Rom that came with mine, All though very stable and smooth, couldn't get any GPS lock with it, so I Rooted, Installed CWM and flashed Tillaz's latest Custom Rom from 04/07 and phones running amazing and getting GPS locks quickly.

Guest xaris-cd

That's the same Stock Rom that came with mine, All though very stable and smooth, couldn't get any GPS lock with it, so I Rooted, Installed CWM and flashed Tillaz's latest Custom Rom from 04/07 and phones running amazing and getting GPS locks quickly.

is you phone have this problem ?

"I have one big problem with my vowney v5, when I make a call the other side do not heard me very well. Is this have any solution for my problem, can I change anything or something else?"

in skype the sound little more louder but not clear in other side

Edited by xaris-cd

Guest Northstandhero

I can't say anything about the stock Rom because I didn't make or receive any calls on it before putting Tillaz's Rom on, Which has been fine making,receiving calls and fine on Skype too.

Guest xaris-cd

I can't say anything about the stock Rom because I didn't make or receive any calls on it before putting Tillaz's Rom on, Which has been fine making,receiving calls and fine on Skype too.

i just speak with china shop that i buy it and they tell me that is mic problem and i must sent it back ...do you think i try to put this rom and see what happent or then i lost warranty....

Guest Northstandhero

If it's working fine on Skype is it a mic problem?, can you try the sound recorder or maybe use the video recorder on the camera and see if that records sound at a decent level before going through the hassle of sending it back to China.

Guest xaris-cd

is you phone have this problem ?

"I have one big problem with my vowney v5, when I make a call the other side do not heard me very well. Is this have any solution for my problem, can I change anything or something else?"

in skype the sound little more louder but not clear in other side

everything ok when i put new cwm from here http://www.needrom.c...roms/vowney/v5/

the sound is ok ,run stable and fast only

miui rom ? there is?

Edited by xaris-cd

• 1 month later...
Guest Ironandroid

help needed. i cannot install cwm and extract the recovery img. i have followed the instructions, drivers for phone are installed and the phone is recognized by my pc running win8 but when i connect the phone with or without battery the dl of the recovery image never begins. as i have been able to root the phone with eroot and can use mobileuncle with su permission is there another way to install cwm recovery such as flashable zip ? thx in advance

Guest Ironandroid

problem solved. i have found the recovery image and using the recovery update optionn of mobileuncle tools i have installed the cwm recovery. so eroot and mobileuncle offer an easy and alternative solution to rooting and cwm

Guest CalvinKnight

Hi guys,

I am getting my Vowney today and I have a questions:

1. I got it from merimobiles and chose to have them root the phone. Do I still need to root it like mentioned in this tutorial or can I just skip it and install CWM?

2. I only have a Win7 laptop and it seems that the tutorial is only for win8. What do i need to do to make it work. I've read somethign about drivers, but it's not clear to me.

3. Where can i download roms for the Vowney ?

Thanks in advance

Hello.

I've received my V5 yesterday and I would like to install CWM and root it and install ROMS,etc but when I plug my V5 to my laptop, running Win7, it doesn't recognize the cellphone and when I'm trying to follow TILLAZ guides I have no action from the % bars and nothing, can anyone help me?

Guest Ironandroid

Hello.

I've received my V5 yesterday and I would like to install CWM and root it and install ROMS,etc but when I plug my V5 to my laptop, running Win7, it doesn't recognize the cellphone and when I'm trying to follow TILLAZ guides I have no action from the % bars and nothing, can anyone help me?

i had the same problem too. as stated on previous post i solved with eroot (see my thread) for the root and mobileuncle for cmw. if you need help you can pm also

• 1 month later...

Hello. 

So I'm trying to do this with my Vowney V5, but when I pull out my battery and connect phone nothing happens it only shows that it's searching. Can someone help me?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

My phone was working properly with the bluetooth headset until I installed CWM and ROM Miui.
Now with bluetooth headset, the headset functions are sent and received correctly, the sound of the headset is good but the microphone does not work.
Seems as if the microphone is always muted.
Already restore original ROM but is the same thing, no microphone. And tested with 3 diferent ones.

May be the CWM?

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

thank you

Best Regards

• 4 months later...
Guest mowglie

1st THANK YOU to the OPer for this great guide & the tons of followup by ensuing v5 buyers/sufferers ;)

for my future ref & perhaps the benefit of others here is what i faced/did/resolved:

i had stock vowney verne v5 (or wth its called).  you can install unclemobile & upgrade CWM & then follow OP; however, i foolishly flashed some other phone's CWM image.  phone still worked but couldnt reboot into any recovery mode at all now.  so i found this thread.

unfortunately, as many suffered, i couldnt get the flash tool to recognize my phone when i connected via USB while it was off.  it was a driver issue.

found an old win xp PC.

installed MS user mode driver (but not sure i really needed it b/c it didnt fix anything).

found & installed ALL MTK USB Drivers 2014 (http://www.4shared.com/rar/wrZccQgCba/ALL_MTK_USB_Driver_2014__v_084.html) & this was the key.

then plugged v5 in while on, installed all the drivers win xp asked for (kept pointing driver source to dirs in ALL MTK ea time until win xp accepted it).  at 1st set it up as HTC phone.  reinstalled driver as Mediatek smth.

then while v5 off, i connected it to win xp while watching the device manager.  in the few seconds it appears as unrecognized mediatek device (or whatever) i quickly right clicked & installed driver.

as soon as i did that & rebooted, everything worked just as OP says.  installed CWM, gapps, & my new ROM that i love! (http://www.needrom.com/mobile/vowney-v5-miui-2/).

all i wish now is that i could get android 4.4.x on there.

its a pretty damn good phone for the money except it does NOT work on Tmobile USA 3G or 4G or HSPA/HSPA+.  aka 2G fun!  frequency issues.  there are cheaper better china phones now w/ cases that fit & dont break soon as they touch gravel.

but eh.