Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest marmankites

Then you should note that the internal storage (the 'sd card') has moved location

It used to be at /data/media/

now its at /data/media/0

0 being the master user (if you were to use androids multi-user abilities any additional users are assigned numbers from 1 onwards, each with their own 'sd card' space.

Use a file explorer on your phone copy everything from data/media (not the /0/ directory) to your pc.

Then copy everything from /data/media/0/

Then delete everything from /data/media/ (not the 0 directory!!) and then move everything back to /data/media/0/

then you are properly up and running from now onwards.

Thanks for trying to help.

The Data folder is empty ? And whatever else I go into is the new files not the old ones?

Guest Lennyuk

Thanks for trying to help.

The Data folder is empty ? And whatever else I go into is the new files not the old ones?

you are looking at /data/media on your phone? What are you using to look at it with?

The old files should have moved to /data/media/0/ automatically but occasionally they don't - they should certainly never delete themselves.

Guest marmankites

you are looking at /data/media on your phone? What are you using to look at it with?

The old files should have moved to /data/media/0/ automatically but occasionally they don't - they should certainly never delete themselves.

Super confused hah, Like i said, Recovery sees the old one, phone and mac see new.

I tried ES file manager and then Astro , also selected show hidden files

Guest Lennyuk

Super confused hah, Like i said, Recovery sees the old one, phone and mac see new.

I tried ES file manager and then Astro , also selected show hidden files

grant root permissions too if you can. You using TWRP? if so use that to copy contents of /data/media to /data/media/0/ then sort it with your pc when your booted

Guest marmankites

grant root permissions too if you can. You using TWRP? if so use that to copy contents of /data/media to /data/media/0/ then sort it with your pc when your booted

In TWRP /Data

Empty :s

Should I just format everything and start again?

Guest Lennyuk

In TWRP /Data

/data/ will never be empty

Boot to sense install root explorer (assuming you have root?) and then go to /data/media/ and screenshot that screen for me.

Guest jehowe

In TWRP /Data

Follow Lennyuk's advice, I think you're looking at the 'data' folder within the 'sdcard' directory. The 'data' folder you need is below that.....

Edit: Glad it's sorted

Edited by jehowe

Guest marmankites

LENNY UK thanks for all your help. Mega nice chap!

I just formatted the phone booted up and showing 25gb free... Hopefully I can start fresh now! Thanks again

Guest inthenite42

You might have flashed the wrong IMG. That's what I did at first and I couldn't see any contents on my SD card in TWarP.

Guest FilyPhanatic

Hi, I just started testing yesterday. I have an AT&T HTC One with CWM recovery installed. I am having one issue when I use the SWITCH. When I switch from either ROM, the phone reboots into recovery and asks to install an untrusted package. If I choose no and reboot, the phone will reboot into the previous ROM I was using. If I choose yes and reboot, I receive a message "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE." My options are "No" and "Yes - Disable recovery flash." Either way, the phone will reboot into the desired ROM. Has anyone else had this issue? What can I do to fix this?

Guest Lennyuk

Hi, I just started testing yesterday. I have an AT&T HTC One with CWM recovery installed. I am having one issue when I use the SWITCH. When I switch from either ROM, the phone reboots into recovery and asks to install an untrusted package. If I choose no and reboot, the phone will reboot into the previous ROM I was using. If I choose yes and reboot, I receive a message "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE." My options are "No" and "Yes - Disable recovery flash." Either way, the phone will reboot into the desired ROM. Has anyone else had this issue? What can I do to fix this?

Edit: see Pauls reply below

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest PaulOBrien

This happens if you are using ClockworkMod - you need to either install TWRP (which will get rid of this dialog altogether), or select 'no' to the fix option.

P

Guest FilyPhanatic

Thanks Paul! I will try installing TWRP. I want to say thanks for the invite and for all your development. SWITCH is awesome!

Guest PaulOBrien

Ok, I just installed TWRP. Is the phone still supposed to enter recovery prior to rebooting?

On S-ON, yes, but the process should be fully automagic.

P

Guest dany89

Hi Paul,

thanks for you invite, i'm too happy to try this project, i've just installed and now i'm going to test it and let you know my impressions :)

Guest descenpet

As promised, details on how to install Xposed.

A custom installation system is required for now due to Switch changes, simply do the following:

• Download and install this APK - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • Executed Xposed Installer from your launcher and click 'Install / Update'
  • Download this zip file and copy to your internal SD card - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • Install the downloaded zip from your custom recovery

That's it, you're done! :)

P

for some reason, the apk i download from this link turned out to be the same(md5) one as i had(from arhd). so i'm still having the same issue, xposed works but app_process not surviving a switch.

could it be because i had this lockup on the first switch after installing xposed, due to advance reboot option popping up and it doesn't reboot properly? i had to use power button to hard reboot.

maybe that screwed up something? shold i try a clean install again?

Guest PaulOBrien

for some reason, the apk i download from this link turned out to be the same(md5) one as i had(from arhd). so i'm still having the same issue, xposed works but app_process not surviving a switch.

could it be because i had this lockup on the first switch after installing xposed, due to advance reboot option popping up and it doesn't reboot properly? i had to use power button to hard reboot.

You have to install the zip in that post too! The APK is the same one...

P

Guest Lennyuk

If you already have xposed installed then installing the update.zip that paul provided in his post should fix it.

Guest leo_hacker82

men thanks, for invite me, testing right now.

update beta 1 to 8, lose the wifi signal. i flash it two times and no wifi for me....

still testing.

Guest IcOpRo

I think I've might have missed a step when installing Xposed... It works but when I switch back from GE to Sense I have to hit "Install/Update" tab and then reboot , after the mods im using will come back (Like Center Clock). If I just do a reboot on sense my mods dont get changed.

Guest Pharaoh3301

I have tried everything but cannot switch to GE .Ensure fastboot was off and wiped data before flashing rom.Unchecked fastboot after first boot .......no dice.Any help will be appreciated.