Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest inthenite42

Hey Paul! Love Switch. Also getting the widget problem too. Whenever I switch from GPE to Sense, it removes all of my widgets. Not sure if it does the same from Sense to GPE, as I have yet to add widgets on GPE.

Also, I'm assuming you just compiled Beta 2 into Beta 3. I never had a chance to flash beta 2, and skipped straight to beta 3. I'm guessing you just kept all of the changes in beta 2 and added them to the beta 3 update?

Guest PaulOBrien

Yeah, Beta 3 includes the Beta 2 changes.

Are the widgets that you are adding in GPe present in Sense? If not, that will be the cause...

P

Guest Andics

Are these homescreen widgets that are unique to a particular ROM? Which launcher?

P

Stock launchers, and the widgets are shared, and it happens in both directions (sense to ge and ge to sense)

Examples are evernote, beautiful widgets and twitter. The icons on the home screens stay on both roms (and also the settings of the sense blink feed), while widgets and wallpapers not.

Edited by Andics

Guest IcOpRo

Ok flashed and after a little bit of reading here and trouble shooting all is working...

My device is and AT&T HTC One S-OFF / TWRP recovery

CID-CWS_001

HBOOT-1.44.0000

RADIO-4A.17.3250.14

I flashed the Beta1 & Beta2 files as the directions showed.

When It booted to sense my WiFi was not working it would just say turning on WiFi, I removed the Fboot option on Settings/Power

I clicked on the SWITHC app, after that my phone just booted up to Sense ROM again and again.

I flashed again making sure Fboot was disabled (as the instructions say) after that still I was getting booted back to Sense ROM with WiFi problems.

So I saw that Paul posted some adb commands.

I tried the first one - It didn't work for me.

adb shell /data/SWITCH/reboot

Then I tried the second one - worked like a charm

adb shell /data/SWITCH/sense/firstrun.sense

My device booted to GE Rom and I setup my accounts, I also noticed that WiFi was working on GE Rom (it wasn't on Sense Rom), after letting my gmail and other accounts sync I decided to "flip" the Switch and viola! it worked , and on top of that WiFi on sense was working also.

Just wanted to post my results in case anyone is having the same issues I was having. I also posted all my Bootloader info just in case this does make a difference when flashing Switch to a device, maybe if other devices have another Hboot version they have different results.

Thanks again for the opportunity to test this Mod.

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm working on diagnosing why the firstrun script isn't launching correctly, hopefully Beta 3 should have improved the situation.

P

Guest jawonder

Ok installed beta 2 and switching is working well now, gonna install my apps and then check on other stuff. Thanks Paul, i'm loving this .

Guest inthenite42

Ok so I did a lot of testing with the widgets. Basically, no widgets stick on either ROM after a flash. It doesn't matter if they're downloaded or stock. Tested clock widgets that were proprietary to each system, a downloaded battery meter widget, and the Google Now widget which is stock on both systems, and nothing sticks. Not sure why.

Also, quick thing I forgot to mention. After flashing the initial beta, I kept getting a "Google Keyboard has stopped working" error. This might be due to the fact that I downloaded Google Keyboard, and that Google Keyboard comes stock on the GPE edition. Had to switch keyboards to complete. This might be fixed by now, but just throwing it out there.

And....I keep saying this but it keeps amazing me. I love Switch. So innovative and awesome. Keep it up!

Guest PaulOBrien

inthenite42 - I assume you dirty flashed then? Yes, this ROM includes a fixed version of the Google Keyboard for non GOOGL001 CIDs on the GPe ROM (and it also makes it work properly on the Sense ROM too).

re: the widgets, i'll investigate, but in the interim the best thing to do is probably to maintain 2 different launcher data files using an exclude file. I'm doing this anyway as each ROM has slightly different camera, phone etc. shortcuts too.

P

Guest digitalhouse

Thanks for your invite Paul.

Downloading now and flashing when i back to office.

:-). I´m very excited about this.

PS: I come from TAIWAN sorry for my bad english :D

Guest PaulOBrien

Can I wipe my SD card after flashing and setting everything up? I would like to wipe the SD and start with a clean one.

Thanks

If you can ONLY wipe SD and not the whole data partition then I guess so?

P

Guest Lennyuk
Can I wipe my SD card after flashing and setting everything up? I would like to wipe the SD and start with a clean one.

Thanks

Yeah, I did it when testing the pre-beta 1 albeit by accident

Guest PaulOBrien

Yeah, I did it when testing the pre-beta 1 albeit by accident

You actually wiped everything then had to re-push the zip and reinstall. ;)

P

Guest philos64

Thanks for your invite Paul that I just received

Download and flashing now. Will report asap

I'm looking forward to test it now

Guest sihegde7

Hi..installed it as per your instructions. So far everything is working fine on both versions. Switch works perfect after i installed beta 3.

Will keep you posted on any issues I run across after playing around for sometime.

cheers.

Guest IcOpRo

In running the GE ROM right now and it seems that the Ringtone n notification ring go into unknown after a switch....

And the notification doesn't seem to work even after selecting one

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul,

If i follow your instruction into the OP, you need to install Beta 1 on first, after Beta 2 and finally the Beta 3

But I've downloaded Beta 3, and I cannot find the other Beta download links....

Can I flash directly Beta 3?

Sorry for this "nOOb" question :(

No, you have to start with the Beta 1 zip, sent in the invite mail.

P

Guest NeidRider

Paul,

If i follow your instruction into the OP, you need to install Beta 1 on first, after Beta 2 and finally the Beta 3

But I've downloaded Beta 3, and I cannot find the other Beta download links....

Can I flash directly Beta 3?

Sorry for this "nOOb" question :(

It says:

Beta 1 to Beta 4 update zip (install on top of Beta 1)

So you go from 1 to 4 directly.