Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

In running the GE ROM right now and it seems that the Ringtone n notification ring go into unknown after a switch....

And the notification doesn't seem to work even after selecting one

Ah, we probably need an exclusion for the settings provider, maybe com.android.providers.settings or wherever the ringtone configs are stored. I'll look at that.

P

Guest philos64

Apologize, I've seen in same time that I've sent my post.

I've got beta 4 now.

Thanks and sorry

Edited by philos64

Guest PaulOBrien

In running the GE ROM right now and it seems that the Ringtone n notification ring go into unknown after a switch....

And the notification doesn't seem to work even after selecting one

Confirmed, if you add an exclude for com.android.providers.settings it will then maintain your sound settings for each ROM.

P

Guest UbuntuBhoy

Probably my slow pick up, but my understanding was that /system was separate for both ROM's and as such I expected system accounts to also be separate. Flashed beta 1 then 3, booted sense and completed setup without adding accounts & turned fastboot off. Switched to GE and completed setup with accounts, downloaded beta 4 and rebooted and flashed. Switched back to Sense and my google account is being used.

I dont have an issue other than I thought the accounts would be separate ?

Guest csantiago78

Paul,

I feel like an idiot, I was having the so called WiFi issue, but I realized I was not S-OFF, so guys experiencing the WiFi issue, please pay attention to the pre-requisites. Also, if you try to flash this from CWM it will tell you if you want to overwrite the Recovery, I think the right answer would be yes, but it makes you think that telling no will render you custom recovery-less. So again, as Paul you suggested, better to stay on TWRP.

I am now experiencing the issue where I try to switch to GE(having disabled the Fast Boot option already) and it would boot again to Sense. Tried this 3 times, will be testing a couple of other things before even calling this an "issue". Will post my results later on.

BTW, my model is Developer Edition.

Now my bootloader reads like this(after proper Revone S-Off):

*** UNLOCKED ***

M7_UL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH

CID: BS_US001

HBOOT: 1.44.0000

Radio: 4a.17.3250.14(I upgraded to this as troubleshooting for the so called "WiFi issue" but didn't fix it, as stated above proper S-OFFing did the trick)

Cheers!

Guest Kidromulous

Ok I received an invite for this this morning but I just realized I probably should not try to flash this lol. I am using the Sprint HTC One was that invite in error? So far I see no indication that this will work on a cdma HTC One. In fact all indicators that it uses the GE version of aosp to switch to correct? My guess is it would ruin the partition tables on my phone maybe the Sprint vesion of the One should be mentioned in the op with a donot flash warning?

Edited by Kidromulous

Guest Sebianoti

Installed MoDaCo SWITCH earlier and it's working just fine, might be just me but sense seems laggy, especially when scrolling on blinkfeed.

Guest Lennyuk

Installed MoDaCo SWITCH earlier and it's working just fine, might be just me but sense seems laggy, especially when scrolling on blinkfeed.

no more laggy than the stock rom always has been.

Guest stirkac

thanks for the link Paul, I'm preparing to flash now :) I haven't bothered to flash any roms on my One, so let's see how this beauty does.

Guest PaulOBrien
I am now experiencing the issue where I try to switch to GE(having disabled the Fast Boot option already) and it would boot again to Sense. Tried this 3 times, will be testing a couple of other things before even calling this an "issue".

Please run this adb command. I am currently investigating.

Ok I received an invite for this this morning but I just realized I probably should not try to flash this lol. I am using the Sprint HTC One was that invite in error? So far I see no indication that this will work on a cdma HTC One. In fact all indicators that it uses the GE version of aosp to switch to correct? My guess is it would ruin the partition tables on my phone maybe the Sprint vesion of the One should be mentioned in the op with a donot flash warning?

Apologies, it is indeed not CDMA compatible.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

It should be a little quicker in fact. ;)

P

Guest NeidRider

I just felt lucky, punk ;)

So I flashed beta1 & beta4 over my existing 4.2.2 (2.24) ROM, without wiping.

And: it works! not a single force-close, everything just rocks. So far I've only completed the first boot on Sense and one on GPE, but it looks very promising.

I might go on with some custom-kernel-tests tomorrow :)

Guest PaulOBrien

Beta 5 update zip released - flash over the top of Beta 1, 2 or 3 when in Sense mode. No wipe required. This adds com.android.providers.settings to the exclude list to maintain unique ringtones etc. between switches.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I just felt lucky, punk ;)

So I flashed beta1 & beta4 over my existing 4.2.2 (2.24) ROM, without wiping.

And: it works! not a single force-close, everything just rocks. So far I've only completed the first boot on Sense and one on GPE, but it looks very promising.

I might go on with some custom-kernel-tests tomorrow :)

That's good news! :) It is designed to be dirty flash tolerant.

For custom kernels, you need to put the kernel boot.img in /system/SWITCH/sense/boot/boot.img or /system/SWITCH/gpe/boot/boot.img and then perform a Switch to activate.

P

Guest hasbai

its work great

have wiped everything (internal storage too), and have installed from my usb stick

i restore now my apps with titanium backup and report back

Thy...Great IDEA

Guest NeidRider

For custom kernels, you need to put the kernel boot.img in /system/SWITCH/sense/boot/boot.img or /system/SWITCH/gpe/boot/boot.img and then perform a Switch to activate.

I played around with that this afternoon already, but broke WiFi and wasn't able to get back to Sense, as the specific kernel also needs some modules, i.e. it contains /system/* files. I also unpacked those in the directories, but somehow it didn't work out.

Will keep you posted...

Guest inthenite42

Ok a few questions.

First, Android always has to upgrade every app whenever I flash a beta update. Is this preventable or just part of Android's framework?

Second, will this be upgraded to Android 4.3 for the GPE? Or do both Sense and Android have to have 4.3 for it to work?

Finally, I've noticed a battery drain on my phone. Certainly, Android has battery problems already. Is it natural for Switch to take up a lot more battery? Have been Switch-ing a lot and upgrading betas. Did you notice any significant battery loss? Might be just because of everything going on at one right now.

Thanks!

Guest PaulOBrien
First, Android always has to upgrade every app whenever I flash a beta update. Is this preventable or just part of Android's framework?

Only if my update has changed the framework, which has only happened for one update so far.

Second, will this be upgraded to Android 4.3 for the GPE? Or do both Sense and Android have to have 4.3 for it to work?

It remains to be seen, but hopefully the two can coexist.

Finally, I've noticed a battery drain on my phone. Certainly, Android has battery problems already. Is it natural for Switch to take up a lot more battery? Have been Switch-ing a lot and upgrading betas. Did you notice any significant battery loss? Might be just because of everything going on at one right now.

There won't be any additional drain for Switch, it's probably just because you're using it a lot setting it up, rebooting etc. etc. :)

P

Guest stirkac

umm, is it just me or the home button does not work in GPe after beta 5 flash? it vibrates and all, and double click works, but not the actual single press. Perhaps it's a conflict with sense, is there some way to wipe settings app because it has this option disabled in settings...

other than that, I must say this is exceptional work, huge thanks to Paul! Perhaps there is another adfree member coming ;)

Guest UbuntuBhoy

Ok a few questions.

Thanks!

Performing a Switch will use a fair amount of power, more than a normal re-boot. Once the beta has settled down you will only Switch every now and then so battery won't be as big an issue.