Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Edubyah

Yes, in the GPE ROM. The issue is I'm afraid it will break Switch, but it can't be dismissed manually.

No need to worry it would fail looking for recovery if you did accidentally hit it.

Guest riassan

Things running great here, for xposed functioning correctly with tool box and elementalx running great with updated scripts and trickster mod with post from other forum.

Guest samanbabah

Hi, I just wanted to report that in GPE Rom I can't send pictures to people via MMS. when I try to send a picture using mms, it just says sending... and nothing else happens. so far I am loving this SWITCH, looking forward seeing other ROMS being compatible with SWITCH.

Guest jonathandownin

I am intrigued as to why it is offering you the OTA? Do you have an official gpe phone? Or was you on a gpe rom before switch?

I owned/used a Nexus S for a bit in 2011. I was on the standard Sense ROM before installing Switch on this One.

Also, just verified by hitting it, it is the 4.3 update, and asked me to restart and install.

Edited by jonathandownin

Guest robinwe97

I cant reboot to gpe, why ? It works fine for more then two weeks, now I don't have root access anymore and can't reboot to gpe..what should I do ?

Guest Edubyah

Just to let everyone know this is working great after upgrading my bootloader and hboot to the 4.3 Google Edition that was modded so as not to change kernel or recovery.

Guest Rainman522

I just installed this to my AT&T HTC One and it works exceptionally well! I like being able to switch back and forth between Sense 5 and stock Jelly Bean 4.2. Right now I am using the Stock Android more and everything appears to be working with no issues. Battery life so far seems to be on par to what I had before the stock AT&T ROM. Great job Paul!!

Guest Lennyuk
I cant reboot to gpe, why ? It works fine for more then two weeks, now I don't have root access anymore and can't reboot to gpe..what should I do ?

Open up SuperSU and update the binary via the 'normal' method

Guest Omniken

So I have an AT&T HTC One it downloaded a system update. How do we get this prompt off of the GE side of the device? I shouldn't be downloading this or it's going to bork my device? So being this is an official GE Rom it's recognizing the device as such? I was just sitting there and I toggled to WiFi and then it said downloading system update. SO I'm tring to find the actual download and delete it. Any suggestions on that possibley S/bin

Guest Edubyah

So I have an AT&T HTC One it downloaded a system update. How do we get this prompt off of the GE side of the device? I shouldn't be downloading this or it's going to bork my device? So being this is an official GE Rom it's recognizing the device as such? I was just sitting there and I toggled to WiFi and then it said downloading system update. SO I'm tring to find the actual download and delete it. Any suggestions on that possibley S/bin

Nothing to worry about it will NOT work if you apply it.

Guest Edubyah

Okay....but I want to get rid of it.

Annoying is it? You can make it go away with a .buildprop edit, change your fingerprint to a different HTC One.

Guest deeevan

I have the advanced reboot option enabled in Modaco toolkit.

1. Click the Switch app

2. The Switch confirmation window displays. Select Yes

3. The reboot options window (normal, recovery, bootloader) displays. I changed my mind and select Cancel

4. The Switch confirmation window displays. There's no response when I select No

5. Click Home to get out

6. Repeat steps 1-2 and I get 'com.modaco.flipswitch isn't responding. Do you want to close it?'

I know I interrupted the switch process, but perhaps it could handle that gracefully?

Guest FilyPhanatic

Just to let everyone know this is working great after upgrading my bootloader and hboot to the 4.3 Google Edition that was modded so as not to change kernel or recovery.

what exactly did you do? And how did you do it? And does anyone have a kernel recommendation??

Got everything working in the end... Fun times.

Confusion now lies in my phone storage, I seem to have two areas of my phone, new and old and I cannot get to the old. After installing fresh and booting into sense with no pictures/music etc my phone only has 8gb left.

The Download folder I see when I plug into the Mac is completely different to the download folder that rom manager sees?

Any ideas on how to get back my old data? Or get rid completely so I am back up to full storage?

Thanks

Not sure if your question has been answered but I had this problem to. What happens when you upgrade from 4.2.2 it creates user profiles. And so if you will probably see in your custom recovery /sdcard with all of your old files, then in that there is /sdcard/0 which has all your new stuff. Download any root explorer app on your phone and go to /data/media and you will see your old stuff including the /0 folder. so pretty much the /media is the same as /sdcard in your recovery and you can delete most everything except the /media/0

Hope this helped :)

Guest payneardo

loving this rom but think I am going mad, how do I change the lock screen on the GE rom as I seem to be missing the settings for it ?? or do I boot into sense to set them ?

Cheers

Guest robinwe97

Open up SuperSU and update the binary via the 'normal' method

I find the problem when the loading is lower then 15 %

I don't can flash and install anything from cmw.

Guest Lennyuk

I find the problem when the loading is lower then 15 %

I don't can flash and install anything from cmw.

That is for your own protection, if the device was to run out of power mid flash the phone could be bricked for good, that is why CWM has a 15% limit.

However, I am not sure if TWRP (the recommended recovery) has the same battery limits.

further, if you were to be s-off SWITCH doesn't flash via recovery so you would not get this warning whatever your recovery was.

Guest robinwe97

That is for your own protection, if the device was to run out of power mid flash the phone could be bricked for good, that is why CWM has a 15% limit.

However, I am not sure if TWRP (the recommended recovery) has the same battery limits.

further, if you were to be s-off SWITCH doesn't flash via recovery so you would not get this warning whatever your recovery was.

I cant't use Twrp becouse my touch screen doesnt work

Guest robinwe97

that doesn't make sense.. which version did you try?

When I'm in recovery mode I can't use my touchscreen, I've tried newest version 2.6.0.0