Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

umm, is it just me or the home button does not work in GPe after beta 5 flash? it vibrates and all, and double click works, but not the actual single press. Perhaps it's a conflict with sense, is there some way to wipe settings app because it has this option disabled in settings...

other than that, I must say this is exceptional work, huge thanks to Paul! Perhaps there is another adfree member coming ;)

Hmm, sounds like it's just you unfortunately, it's OK for me. You can delete /data/data/com.android.settings* using root maybe?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Performing a Switch will use a fair amount of power, more than a normal re-boot. Once the beta has settled down you will only Switch every now and then so battery won't be as big an issue.

Not much extra actually happens during a Switch though so it shouldn't be too much more than a regular reboot... it's designed to be quick and not intensive.

P

Guest stirkac

Hmm, sounds like it's just you unfortunately, it's OK for me. You can delete /data/data/com.android.settings* using root maybe?

P

deleting did not help, and settings stick as they were unfortunately after a reboot...

Guest UbuntuBhoy

A little additional info, I have also set home key to long press for menu in the Sense ROM, might be connected, or might not.

Guest PaulOBrien

Same with the home button in the GE ROM, plus I can't open the quick settings tab

deleting did not help, and settings stick as they were unfortunately after a reboot...

You can probably fix it by doing this to re-run the GPe setup wizard (you'll need to set up your google account etc. again):

- Switch to GPe ROM

- reboot to recovery

- via adb shell, run 'rm -r /data/system/users'

- reboot

Let me know how you get on.

P

Have just installed the switch rom in the past hour, really liking it so far. Had a prob with the first install in that when I swiched to the play edition rom it kept giving errors that processes had stopped working. everytime I closed the error a new one appeared so it was unusable.. could not get past the setup pages to switch back to sense rom.

In the end i reflashed and it worked fine the second time !

One minor prob I notice with the rom is that the barclays banking app does not work,.. I`m getting "barclays mobile banking is not supported on rooted devices",.. this is happening on both sides of the switch,.. sky go however which does not support rooted devices either works fine..

Will have a play and report back with what i find but first impressions is that its VERY GOOD ! Thanks for the invite Paul !!

P.s a working NFC payment solution included on the rom would be the icing on the cake,.. had Gwallet on my HOX and would be nice to see it on my ONE

Edited by Jaxo

Guest stirkac

You can probably fix it by doing this to re-run the GPe setup wizard (you'll need to set up your google account etc. again):

- Switch to GPe ROM

- reboot to recovery

- reboot

P

yup, that worked :) thanks, I would have never figured this out

Guest PaulOBrien

A little additional info, I have also set home key to long press for menu in the Sense ROM, might be connected, or might not.

I set this with no issues.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

One minor prob I notice with the rom is that the barclays banking app does not work,.. I`m getting "barclays mobile banking is not supported on rooted devices",.. this is happening on both sides of the switch,.. sky go however which does not support rooted devices either works fine..

Don't install the SuperSU package and then you are unrooted!

P

Guest UbuntuBhoy

- Switch to GPe ROM

- reboot to recovery

- reboot

P

Still the same, Home not working and can't get into quick settings.

Guest Seraphic

- Switch to GPe ROM

- reboot to recovery

- reboot

P

I had the problem after flashing beta5 as the others did, following these instructions resolved it for me (except I used file manager in TWRP to remove the contents of the 'users' folder.

Don't install the SuperSU package and then you are unrooted!

P

That's what I'm saying though, I didn't install it, sky go app is working fine which requires phone to be unrooted but the Barclay's one isn't. Its no big issue though, they have a mobile banking website anywayv ;-)

Guest PaulOBrien

That's what I'm saying though, I didn't install it, sky go app is working fine which requires phone to be unrooted but the Barclay's one isn't. Its no big issue though, they have a mobile banking website anywayv ;-)

How weird!

P

Guest Lennyuk

that is really weird too, sky's root checker is amazingly strict, something must be wrong with barclays app, have you tried wiping the data?

Guest inthenite42

Might also be just me, but in GPE, with Beta 5 I've lost my abilities in the power menu. All it says now is "Power Off". No sound profile changing abilities.

that is really weird too, sky's root checker is amazingly strict, something must be wrong with barclays app, have you tried wiping the data?

Yeah have tried wiping data and reinstalling, have read a few posts previously on other forums with people complaining about it saying their phone iscrooted when it wasn't so it must he the app itself.. Its no big issue though I can live with it. Would rather have the switch ROM and no Barclay's app then having Barclay's app and no switch rom.

Guest PaulOBrien
Might also be just me, but in GPE, with Beta 5 I've lost my abilities in the power menu. All it says now is "Power Off". No sound profile changing abilities.

I suspect the home fix will resolve this also.

P

Guest descenpet

Is anyone else getting terribly slow download speeds?

i still can't get download to finish. it shows 2hr for me

first attempt failed about 30mins in(3xxMB)

2nd attempt failed like 1hr++ in(8xxMB)

now halfway through third attempt. :(

edit: 3rd attempt failed too..

Paul, can you do something about it?

Edited by descenpet