Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest cezent

awesome work! I enjoy using the modaco switch so much my other android phones with only 1 OS just seem so amateur in hand! :) can't wait for the beta 10.

btw, a little off topic here, but will the modaco switch work or easily adaptable to other variants of HTC One? I m specifically referring to the 802w Dual Sim variant (available for China Russia and India). I m having a 802w version delivered in the next few days and very tempted to give it a go. The hardware is mostly similar to the standard M7 (other than dual sim support). I m curious as to if the GPe ROM from modaco switch will actually load at all.

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul, thanks for the incredible work you've done here. I've been following your development pretty closely, but I haven't tried switch out yet for a very specific reason. Currently, I am stuck using a 4.1 Sense based T-Mo ROM on my phone because I have no service at my house and I am reliant on WiFi calling. So far there appears to be no way to port T-Mo's WiFi calling to any other ROM. I have always been a huge fan of AOSP and I am itching to get back on it, so I was wondering if it's even feasible to switch out the Sense ROM with a T-Mo version. Is this something that I could do by swapping out the files, or have you made customizations to the Sense ROM in Switch that allow it to work?

If I could get a Sense ROM with T-Mo WiFi calling built in it would be the perfect solution for me, and finally allow me to kick Sense to the curb every time I leave the house ;D.

This is something I can look at when we finish the Beta!

Will sms be linked across GPE and Sense in one of the upcoming updates?

In a future update, yes.

awesome work! I enjoy using the modaco switch so much my other android phones with only 1 OS just seem so amateur in hand! :) can't wait for the beta 10.

btw, a little off topic here, but will the modaco switch work or easily adaptable to other variants of HTC One? I m specifically referring to the 802w Dual Sim variant (available for China Russia and India). I m having a 802w version delivered in the next few days and very tempted to give it a go. The hardware is mostly similar to the standard M7 (other than dual sim support). I m curious as to if the GPe ROM from modaco switch will actually load at all.

Ultimately it will support any device. :)

P

Guest cezent

Ultimately it will support any device. :)

P

that's awesome! I assume by "ultimately" u mean when the modaco.switch is out of beta and in full swing.

In any case, I'd be keen to test it on my HTC One dual sim 802w if u need a guinea pig. (or Oppo Find 5 for that matter).

Guest caelar

Looking for a way to byapss att throtling. Tried using a wap.cingular APN for a while and then the data completely stopped working. Wondering if anyone has any ideas or solutions that worked for them.

Thanks in Advance

- caelar

Guest robt772000

This rom is the longest I have had a rom running on my phone. Love it.

Bugs I have are: GE has no status bar and sometimes needs restoring of all icons.

Guest Lennyuk

Bugs I have are: GE has no status bar and sometimes needs restoring of all icons.

Paul posted an adb command to fix the no status bar issue.

Guest Lennyuk

Paul posted an adb command to fix the no status bar issue.

Guest GenShard

Weird, flashed beta 9 only to find the same gmaps and calender probs so I deleted the data/data/android.com.systemui only to find that it hasn't fixed anything and Sense is asking for superuser binarys to complete su, even though I didn't flash the root package. Maybe TWRP did it if I accidentally pressed install su.

Point is I'm willing to wait for 10beta but how do I get rid of this root business

Guest PaulOBrien

Beta 10 will be online shortly via OTA and direct download. Don't forget to flash the new root package for the latest version of SuperSU!

P

Guest Lennyuk
I've been trying to get xposed to work, but the SWITCH xposed zip causes the phone to enter a boot loop.

Xposed and 4.3 don't work currently, certainly not with switch anyway.

Guest FilyPhanatic

It was happening with 4.2.2 though prior to beta 9 for me. I'm not sure why, hopefully the update should work. do you know if beta 10 is available yet? thanks for the fast response as usual @Lennyuk, you've been a great help!

Guest PaulOBrien
It was happening with 4.2.2 though prior to beta 9 for me. I'm not sure why, hopefully the update should work. do you know if beta 10 is available yet? thanks for the fast response as usual @Lennyuk, you've been a great help!

Beta 10 uploading now!

P

Guest motu90

Good morning everybody! I just registered to express my appreciation of your work! I haven't tried Switch yet but with Beta 10 I'll join the party :)

Waiting for download links! :wub:

Guest FilyPhanatic

motu90 you can start by flashing the Beta 1 install, it takes a few minutes. And then flash beta 8 to play around with while you wait.

Guest Lennyuk

For all you flashing to beta 10

If you lose your status bar etc in GPE then there is an adb command (has to be run from recovery)

• boot to GPe mode
  • reboot to recovery
  • run 'adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.android.systemui'
  • reboot

If you have random google errors - e.g. apps not showing in Play Store

Remove and re-add your Google Account

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest FilyPhanatic

For all you flashing to beta 10

If you lose your status bar etc in GPE then there is an adb command (has to be run from recovery)

• boot to GPe mode
  • reboot to recovery
  • run 'adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.android.systemui'
  • reboot

If you have random google errors - e.g. apps not showing in Play Store

Remove and re-add your Google Account

What is new in beta 10?