Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Spinstorm

Paul,

Google Now is being very weird on Beta 5. I flashed on top of Beta 1.

I can get any gesture combination on the GE ROM to access Now and only the stock sense hold down works on sense, not the swipe up.

I can still access it from search or the widget.

Guest PaulOBrien
Paul,

Google Now is being very weird on Beta 5. I flashed on top of Beta 1.

I can get any gesture combination on the GE ROM to access Now and only the stock sense hold down works on sense, not the swipe up.

I can still access it from search or the widget.

See previous posts. This is an unfortunate side effect of splitting the settings storage out, the ge home fix will resolve this.

It only affects upgrades not new installs.

P

Guest Seraphic

The widget problem is getting on my nerves now :P

I'm using stock launchers for both GE and Sense - am I able to add excludes to keep the stock launcher settings separate?

Guest PaulOBrien
The widget problem is getting on my nerves now :P

I'm using stock launchers for both GE and Sense - am I able to add excludes to keep the stock launcher settings separate?

That's odd as technically they are different launchers already!

P

Guest jackos2500

Our first S-ON user has reported success to me on Twitter. :-)

P

Yup :D.

I have been testing for a little bit now and I've had none of the issues mentioned here so far, except that my widgets get removed when switching and the wallpaper is switched across GPe and Sense if it is a stock wallpaper.

I'll post any other issues I find when (and if!) they arise.

Keep up the good work Paul!!

Guest Seraphic

That's odd as technically they are different launchers already!

P

Yeah, as soon as I switch any widgets that were added are gone when I return. I'm using the Google Search widget and Catch Notes widget.

Guest PaulOBrien

Yeah, as soon as I switch any widgets that were added are gone when I return. I'm using the Google Search widget and Catch Notes widget.

I'm using Nova on both and my widgets are surviving...

P

Guest Seraphic

I'm using Nova on both and my widgets are surviving...

P

Yeah I tried Nova and sure enough with the exclude in place all is well. I'm guessing something has to be common between the sense and Google stock launchers that it doesn't like.

Guest viskas

ciao Paul, any way to add italian or spanish, or french? I only see languages from eastern europe. Not a problem, I can easily cope with english, but I am just curios...

Guest PaulOBrien

Yeah I tried Nova and sure enough with the exclude in place all is well. I'm guessing something has to be common between the sense and Google stock launchers that it doesn't like.

You could try putting exclusions on com.htc.launcher and com.android.launcher which I believe are the respective package names?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

ciao Paul, any way to add italian or spanish, or french? I only see languages from eastern europe. Not a problem, I can easily cope with english, but I am just curios...

Ciao Viskas! It's the WWE ROM (at least in Sense), so it should work. You can use MoreLocale 2 - to manually set a language.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Yup :D.

I have been testing for a little bit now and I've had none of the issues mentioned here so far, except that my widgets get removed when switching and the wallpaper is switched across GPe and Sense if it is a stock wallpaper.

I'll post any other issues I find when (and if!) they arise.

Keep up the good work Paul!!

Thanks for testing the S-ON support! :)

P

Guest jackos2500

I think the wallpaper issue might be related to the fact that the current wallpaper is stored as a png located at '/data/system/user/<USER_NUMBER>/wallpaper'... Is there some way we could have different wallpapers for each ROM? Maybe a script to swap two different wallpapers when switching?

Guest PaulOBrien

I think the wallpaper issue might be related to the fact that the current wallpaper is stored as a png located at '/data/system/user/<USER_NUMBER>/wallpaper'... Is there some way we could have different wallpapers for each ROM? Maybe a script to swap two different wallpapers when switching?

Well, that's news to me!

I could certainly give that a try and see if it helps. I might work in a hook to a custom script so we can try different things in a quick and easy way on switch. Watch this space.

P

Guest Spinstorm

- Switch to GPe ROM

- reboot to recovery

- via adb shell, run 'rm -r /data/system/users'

- reboot

Paul, when I am in adb shell I get a no such file or directory message.

I am sure I am miss typing something so please let me know what... thanks.

Guest PaulOBrien

- Switch to GPe ROM

- reboot to recovery

- via adb shell, run 'rm -r /data/system/users'

- reboot

Paul, when I am in adb shell I get a no such file or directory message.

I am sure I am miss typing something so please let me know what... thanks.

Try this instead when in via ADB shell:

mount /data
rm -r /data/system/users[/code]

P

Guest Sebianoti

Been using it for a couple of hours, only thing getting on my nerves are widgets disappearing from Sense launcher. It does seem smooth now, no lag, must have been the initial boot causing it.

Guest jackos2500

Well, that's news to me!

I could certainly give that a try and see if it helps. I might work in a hook to a custom script so we can try different things in a quick and easy way on switch. Watch this space.

P

I certainly will!

With a little more digging I just found that there's a file called 'appwidgets.xml' in the same folder as the wallpaper which I think could be the source of our widget troubles...

Edited by jackos2500

Guest Seraphic

You could try putting exclusions on com.htc.launcher and com.android.launcher which I believe are the respective package names?

P

That didnt work unfortunately. I did find something interesting though:

On the Sense rom, I have the Google search bar on the first homescreen (middle, with Blinkfeed to the left) and Catch notes widget on the right-most homescreen.

Switched to Google rom. Added catch notes widget on the first right homescreen.

Switched back to Sense rom - the Google search widget is gone and in its place is the Catch notes widget!!

Any ideas?

Guest PaulOBrien

That didnt work unfortunately. I did find something interesting though:

On the Sense rom, I have the Google search bar on the first homescreen (middle, with Blinkfeed to the left) and Catch notes widget on the right-most homescreen.

Switched to Google rom. Added catch notes widget on the first right homescreen.

Switched back to Sense rom - the Google search widget is gone and in its place is the Catch notes widget!!

Any ideas?

Very odd indeed! It certainly warrants further investigation.

P