Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest descenpet

Just curious why you changed the name to stock/alt .... Sense/Gpe was good...

Does it has to do something important :)

to be more generic for all devices i guess.

sense and gpe wouldn't sound right on other phones

Guest bkmerrick

Just installed beta 12. My status bar disappeared so I followed instructions to get it back. Put my phone down for a minute and when I come back its in a boot loop. Every time it boots up past the google animation it says, "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped"

It then resets straight back to the google animation. Please let me know what do to. I really need my phone tonight!

thank you

** so now I was able to boot into recovery by holding the power button for 10 seconds and then holding power and volume down. I reflashed beta 12. Now I cant get it to boot back into sense or google edition. Any time I reboot it goes right back to recovery. Any suggestions?

*** been trying everything. I first tried adb shell /data/SWITCH/sense/firstrun.sense, and I just get error message "error: closed"

Then I used adb to sideload beta 1, and beta 10 back onto the device so I could reflash and start over, but I get error message "error flashing zip switch.beta1.zip"

I see when I boot into bootloader that Fastboot is on. Please let me know if there is a way to boot back into sense or GE. thank you

Edited by bkmerrick

Guest PaulOBrien
Just curious why you changed the name to stock/alt .... Sense/Gpe was good...

Does it has to do something important :)

to be more generic for all devices i guess.

sense and gpe wouldn't sound right on other phones

Exactly that! :-)

By bringing this and S4 Switch in line it means I can implement any improvements in both without any compatability issues.

Just installed beta 12. My status bar disappeared so I followed instructions to get it back. Put my phone down for a minute and when I come back its in a boot loop. Every time it boots up past the google animation it says, "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped"

It then resets straight back to the google animation. Please let me know what do to. I really need my phone tonight!

thank you

** so now I was able to boot into recovery by holding the power button for 10 seconds and then holding power and volume down. I reflashed beta 12. Now I cant get it to boot back into sense or google edition. Any time I reboot it goes right back to recovery. Any suggestions?

*** been trying everything. I first tried adb shell /data/SWITCH/sense/firstrun.sense, and I just get error message "error: closed"

Then I used adb to sideload beta 1, and beta 10 back onto the device so I could reflash and start over, but I get error message "error flashing zip switch.beta1.zip"

I see when I boot into bootloader that Fastboot is on. Please let me know if there is a way to boot back into sense or GE. thank you

The Beta 12 zip should not be flashed more than once due to the changes it makes. Reflash Beta 1 and 10 then you should be back up and running. A Beta 12 full package will be online soon...

P

Guest zachthebomb13

Got everything installed, and this is just plain awesome. One quick question, root checker says I have root access on the GPE side, but not on the sense side. Is this normal? Thanks.

Guest nitr01

I posted issues the other day since I decrypted by wiping data and then restoring to factory. I then flashed beta 1 and beta 10, as I did in the initial release, and then fixed root (since the root package provided always gives me an error with binaries). I'm working fine in Sense but now I'm missing the switch updater app and when I run switch it just reboots into Sense without running the scripts to "switch". Does anyone have any insights to get me back on track or how to start this over?

Guest bkmerrick

Exactly that! :-)

By bringing this and S4 Switch in line it means I can implement any improvements in both without any compatability issues.

The Beta 12 zip should not be flashed more than once due to the changes it makes. Reflash Beta 1 and 10 then you should be back up and running. A Beta 12 full package will be online soon...

P

Thank you so much Paul.

Guest descenpet

What should i do i want to get Switch for my unrooted Htc one but Trwp wont work on my phone what should i do/ use instead?

what do you mean by twrp won't work?

if you mean the touch screen, you should get a newer version.

Guest zachthebomb13

So everything installed well, and seemed to be working well, but then when I switched back to GPE it came up with an error as soon as it started, something about "com.android.something stopped working." Then it would restart and essentially get into a boot loop. I finally got back to twrp, formatted everything, and then it booted into gpe. I'm not sure what is wrong, anyone have this error before? Thanks.

A fresh Beta 12 install package is now in post 1 (and an updated SuperSU install for Beta 12). Much easier. :)

P

The download link for the SuperSU you provided says "SWITCH.S4.SuperSU.1.51.zip" is this the version we need or is it specifically for the S4?

Guest descenpet

The download link for the SuperSU you provided says "SWITCH.S4.SuperSU.1.51.zip" is this the version we need or is it specifically for the S4?

you should be able to use that since switch directory structure is same now. the apks and binaries are not device specific from the start.

Guest Noel Carpel

I have installed Switch on my phone but when i click on Switch its say "Do you want to switch to the GPe ROM"? Should i not say something like "Do you want to switch to Google play edition"?

Thanks for answears :3

Guest robinwe97

I have installed Switch on my phone but when i click on Switch its say "Do you want to switch to the GPe ROM"? Should i not say something like "Do you want to switch to Google play edition"?

Thanks for answears :3

GPe is the Google Play edition

Guest Noel Carpel

Damn i ask much but what do u think its the prob? When i switch to GPe it just reboot with the htc logo and then get stuck there after some reboots :(?

Guest robinwe97

Beta 12 is a joke isn't it? I switched from sense to gpe and as i switched back from gpe my user data are wiped -.- Sense Music Player and Google Music say there is no music in my phone but when i go to root Explorer there is my music. WHAT A badword. And su binary don't survive switch but in beta 9, 10 and 11 it did. That's s***.

Guest robinwe97

Damn i ask much but what do u think its the prob? When i switch to GPe it just reboot with the htc logo and then get stuck there after some reboots :(?

You in a bootloop. install your backup