Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bkmerrick

I got my MMS issue on AT&T corrected. All I had to do was clear data/cache from the messaging app. I haven't tried to switch to Sense and then back, but I will and let you know if it still works.

So that used to work for me before updating to beta 12/13. now no luck. Any idea how I can fix it now? What APN settings are you using for ATT US?

Edited by bkmerrick

Guest Freshbard

Nope if you already did B12 then B13

Paul just uploaded a full B13 zip for clean installation (no B12 needed)

Btw, I'm understanding well that I need to put the ADB command to activate the new S-ON trick you put @ Paul. Cause simply flash the zip do not work for me, it's always going in recovery when Switching

Guest -fakker-

Woo, got SkyGo working on the GPE again :)

Had to bodge both build.props again, but I noticed you had few extras added in (I was originally on B8, now on B12)

I can upload the two props (from HTC 4.3 and B12) if anyone wants to have SkyGo working in GPE, as having the MoDaCo bit in the ro.product.model line stopped apps from working, such as Nationwide building society app.

Guest PaulOBrien

Woo, got SkyGo working on the GPE again :)

Had to bodge both build.props again, but I noticed you had few extras added in (I was originally on B8, now on B12)

I can upload the two props (from HTC 4.3 and B12) if anyone wants to have SkyGo working in GPE, as having the MoDaCo bit in the ro.product.model line stopped apps from working, such as Nationwide building society app.

Ahh, interesting, i'll tweak that in the next release.

P

Guest tonztime

Just install B12 then B13 over what you have plus the S-ON and root packs and you'll be set.

I Installed B12 then B13, S-On, and Root packs and system just boots into recovery no matter what I try. Any ideas?

Guest sagarsamtani

I think after installing beta 13... Lockscreen doesnt exist... Everytime i click power button ,it takes straight to home screen... No matter what kind of lockscreen i choose in personalization ..

I am not sure its because of beta 13 or something else... Please help

Guest littlefrog99

Thank you very much Paul! It's easy to use and switch between two systems. l found this ROM a week ago and I tried many times to install it, but failed. Today I tried again, and it WORKED! I'll keep using it and... I'm looking forward to your next version of SWITCH.^-^

Some mistakes may be found, for I'm just a 14-year-old boy.

Hi,

First of all allow me to say I did tried to search before posting this question. Basically I'm running Modaco Beta 13 over an Android Revolution 10.0 Rom. My question is, is there a way to update just the Sense side? Meaning, my Sense rom side is asking for an update but when I tried using that option I ended up in a loop.

Thanks to anyone that takes a minute to answer my concern.

Regards,

Sebastian

Guest deeevan

Beta 13: I bootlooped on first install but was fine on the second go.

Steps: Wipe, beta 13 fresh, super su 1.6, reboot, minimal Sense setup, switch to GPE, google account setup, switch. It hung here

I repeated these steps, but spent more time in GPE checking settings. Two things happened :

1. I got a popup prompt, saying this long list of apps (including a couple that were com.htc.xxx, should they have been visible in GPE?) wanted permission to access google services. I said yes to this.

2. A few google apps and twitter auto updated

I've never received that permissions prompt before, anyone know the significance of it and whether that's why I could switch to Sense?

Edited by deeevan

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi,

First of all allow me to say I did tried to search before posting this question. Basically I'm running Modaco Beta 13 over an Android Revolution 10.0 Rom. My question is, is there a way to update just the Sense side? Meaning, my Sense rom side is asking for an update but when I tried using that option I ended up in a loop.

Thanks to anyone that takes a minute to answer my concern.

Regards,

Sebastian

How do you mean you're running it over the ARHD ROM? What version is your Sense ROM? Can you provide more details about the update?

Beta 13: I bootlooped on first install but was fine on the second go.

Steps: Wipe, beta 13 fresh, super su 1.6, reboot, minimal Sense setup, switch to GPE, google account setup, switch. It hung here

I repeated these steps, but spent more time in GPE checking settings. Two things happened :

1. I got a popup prompt, saying this long list of apps (including a couple that were com.htc.xxx, should they have been visible in GPE?) wanted permission to access google services. I said yes to this.

2. A few google apps and twitter auto updated

I've never received that permissions prompt before, anyone know the significance of it and whether that's why I could switch to Sense?

1. I've seen that in *stock* GPe, i'm not sure what causes it yet! That wouldn't affect Switching though. Try installing the latest SuperSU from post 1.

P

Guest deeevan
1. I've seen that in *stock* GPe, i'm not sure what causes it yet! That wouldn't affect Switching though. Try installing the latest SuperSU from post 1.

P

I only started backing up to Google after the last ROM flash, maybe that's why I've never seen that prompt before? I downloaded SuperSU just before flashing (~24hrs ago) so I think that was the latest? It's still v1.6. As I said, I was able to switch fine after wiping and flashing a second time.

Do you have any instructions for capturing logs etc that'll help diagnose future issues?

Guest GenShard

Got 13fresh all set up and done but TWRP won't back up now, keeps saying packs can't Tarr

So I won't switch til I can deffo backup, those bootloops are nasty

Guest deeevan
Got 13fresh all set up and done but TWRP won't back up now, keeps saying packs can't Tarr

Thanks for reminding me to do a backup :) And now I'm in a bootloop :(

I didn't think a ROM would affect recovery doing backups? I backed up fine in CWM, and have just restored from it.

Paul/Lenny: Should fastboot be disabled? I noticed disabling it is no longer in the installation instructions.

Steps:

Was in GPE all day

Switch to Sense, this took several minutes. Way longer than it ever has

Reboot into recovery (CWM)

Do backup

Reboot into Sense, again this took a long time

Enable fastboot

Switch to GPE. Did nothing, decided to switch back after maybe a minute

Switch (bootloop)

Edit: Looks like fastboot was the culprit. I restored, disabled fastboot and have switched a couple times fine.

Edited by deeevan

Guest Nolan Evans

I am unable to switch to Sense. I am on Beta 11 and have been running on GPe for a couple weeks and now when I try to switch to Sense it just reboots into GPe. I am planning on installing Beta 13 from the full install package, but I want to make sure that everything is still functioning prior to the upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Guest Lennyuk
I am unable to switch to Sense. I am on Beta 11 and have been running on GPe for a couple weeks and now when I try to switch to Sense it just reboots into GPe. I am planning on installing Beta 13 from the full install package, but I want to make sure that everything is still functioning prior to the upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Flash the new supersu package on post one.

Guest scott41373

So this may have been asked, but is it possible to flash AHRD over the Sense5 rom, or are the frameworks different? I would assume that you could only flash a deodex rom over the same, or you would have major issues. What about flashing PA over the GPe rom? Has anyone done this with success? Is this something that would be possible in the future? BTW, I have been using Switch since Beta11 and I love the flexibility of both.

Guest johnp888

I s-off'd my HTC one and since it was a tmobile us phone I used the GPe wwe firmware. I loaded beta 13 without incident and decided to root it to restore my files from helium. Then I tried to switch to GPe 4.3 and upon returning to sense it boot looped. Had to factory reset and reinstall. Is this a known issue? Anyway staying on sense for now. Thanks for the insights.

Edited by johnp888

So this may have been asked, but is it possible to flash AHRD over the Sense5 rom, or are the frameworks different? I would assume that you could only flash a deodex rom over the same, or you would have major issues. What about flashing PA over the GPe rom? Has anyone done this with success? Is this something that would be possible in the future? BTW, I have been using Switch since Beta11 and I love the flexibility of both.

Paul has mentioned custom ROM support for the future. My understanding is that right now, you are flashing a SWITCH ROM which happens to contain stock Sense and GPe. In the current state of ARHD, PA or any ROM, flashing them would overwrite SWITCH. My guess for the future is a way for ROM developers to make their ROMs switchable.

Guest PaulOBrien

Am I the only one who feels like it's not enough smooth compared to stock or other custom roms?

It should be at least as smooth, a little smoother even!

You're jinxed!

Edit: Looks like fastboot was the culprit. I restored, disabled fastboot and have switched a couple times fine.

Ah, removing that from the instructions was accidental, i'll make sure I put it back!

Any suggestions?

Hmmm, strange, if installing the new SuperSU hasn't fixed it i'm not sure. A Beta 13 flash is certainly worth a try!

I s-off'd my HTC one and since it was a tmobile us phone I used the GPe wwe firmware. I loaded beta 13 without incident and decided to root it to restore my files from helium. Then I tried to switch to GPe 4.3 and upon returning to sense it boot looped. Had to factory reset and reinstall. Is this a known issue? Anyway staying on sense for now. Thanks for the insights.

No, not at all! I guess something has been restored it doesn't like...

P

Try to untick "compression" in TWRP if you haven't already that fixed the error for me when I had it.

A week or so later I turned it back on and it backed up fine.

EDIT: Actually I am starting to think that maybe the files are too large for TWRP to be able to tar (downside of Switch I guess) - I might be wrong, has anyone been able to take a compressed backup in TWRP since beta 10?

Edited by Lennyuk