Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Reddit eh?

Not ideal, but nobody's perfect (and I don't claim to be), I can just try and do a better job of delivering to people's expectations (and doing my 'real work')!

P

Guest shokka9

So who's running what at the moment?

Sense 4.4 or GPe 4.4, what's your preference?

P

Hi Paul

Running 4.4.1 (CM Sources), was using GPe 4.4 variations, and everything seems usable. Would really appreciate using Switch with 4.4.* builds.

Take care

I got the phone with Sense, but with now MoDaCo I've fallen in love with GPe and havent even booted back to Sense in weeks.  I'll stay on GPe for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for your work!   Always looking forward to updates.

EDIT:  however with beta 13 it looks like we are on something between 4.3 and 4.4.

The phone says 4.3, but we have the updated home screen etc... am I mistaken?

So who's running what at the moment?

Sense 4.4 or GPe 4.4, what's your preference?

P

Edited by jluxe

Guest PaulOBrien

Just a quick note to say that i'm with family over Christmas, so the next update will be in the new year.

Things are going well, there is an unexpected issue in that AFAIK Xposed doesn't work with ART yet, so ART can't be used with Switch, which is a bit of a pain, but this will hopefully change in the future.

I'm also looking at how I can use work done on Switch to also do a 'hybrid' build, pick the bits you want from each side, more on that when i'm back.

Merry Christmas everyone and have a good break! :)

P

Just a quick note to say that i'm with family over Christmas, so the next update will be in the new year.

Things are going well, there is an unexpected issue in that AFAIK Xposed doesn't work with ART yet, so ART can't be used with Switch, which is a bit of a pain, but this will hopefully change in the future.

I'm also looking at how I can use work done on Switch to also do a 'hybrid' build, pick the bits you want from each side, more on that when i'm back.

P

Hi Paul,

I've been reading this thread silently for months (have my HTC One for almost six months now) and never got the courage to try it (mainly because I don't know my S-ON/S-OFF state, because I bought the phone used and don't know what the previous owner did), but I was always really excited. Now I want to thank you for all your hard work and tell you that I'm looking forward to the release of the beta 14, time when I will probably make the proper investigation (?) and take the leap.

What's weird is that what got me more excited than your beta 14 ETA is the announcement of the hybrid idea. That would be AWESOME, because the only thing that keeps me from converting to GPe is that I would really miss the camera app, the gallery app, zoes, and on. HTC really did a great job with Sense, and would not like to lose some of it's features, so GPe with those features for me would be perfect.

Merry Christmas and happy new year! Thanks again for all your work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest warriorvibhu

P

Too late though .. but hope your Christmas was good .. Happy new year .. 

Edited by warriorvibhu

Guest FilyPhanatic

Anyone have ideas on how to get the at&t isis mobile wallet app on a custom rom like this one? I feel like the build.prop is causing the issue. I cannot find it in the app store and I cannot install the app when downloaded online.

Guest PaulOBrien

Anyone have ideas on how to get the at&t isis mobile wallet app on a custom rom like this one? I feel like the build.prop is causing the issue. I cannot find it in the app store and I cannot install the app when downloaded online.

Could be a NFC driver issue perhaps?

What happens when you try to sideload it?

P

Guest StuMcBill

Its projects like this that are making me think about not going Nexus for my next phone, and maybe going M8.

Hopefully a MoDaCo switch like program will come out for that also!! :D

Hi people, need some help please.  I have accidentally wiped all the cache and system files via TWRP, and now it says I have no rom installed.  How do i sort this out.  I understand i may need to flash a rom, but not sure how?  Please help me, my HTC one is basically bricked.

Guest TiZiO61

Hi people, need some help please. I have accidentally wiped all the cache and system files via TWRP, and now it says I have no rom installed. How do i sort this out. I understand i may need to flash a rom, but not sure how? Please help me, my HTC one is basically bricked.

Hi,

you need to get hold of an USB-OTG Cable and an USB-STICK.

Place any suitable ROM onto the Stick, plug it into the OTG Cable, plug it the into the Micro USB Slot of your HTC ONE.

Boot into Recovery, choose MOUNT and choose USB-OTG. Now Go back to INSTALL, choose USB-OTG as Source, and there should be the ROM you placed onto the Stick to choose.

After the ROM Has been flashed you might have to boot into the Bootloader to flash a Custom Recovery and the boot.img.

Excuse my English, it's been quit a while.

Guest Noel Carpel

HI i got i prob i got Modaco switch 13 (4,2.2) and now i want to get back to stock! But pro as im i forgot to do a backup with my stock rom, so i wounder if i just can download my cariers rom and flash it with twrp (like i did with the modacco rom) or do i have to do any thing else? Any help would be nice!

/Noel

Guest franciscomac07

HI i got i prob i got Modaco switch 13 (4,2.2) and now i want to get back to stock! But pro as im i forgot to do a backup with my stock rom, so i wounder if i just can download my cariers rom and flash it with twrp (like i did with the modacco rom) or do i have to do any thing else? Any help would be nice!

/Noel

To go back it's that easy just flash another Rom

Guest sensationfan623

I couldn't find a search function for the thread, wondering if I can use the switch with two roms of my choice? Or are specific ones needed?

I couldn't find a search function for the thread, wondering if I can use the switch with two roms of my choice? Or are specific ones needed?

The search function is in the upper right corner.

Anyway, Switch has two built in ROMs, one vanilla Android and one Sense. You don't need specific ones, because they're provided by Switch, and no, you can't use two roms of your choice.

Sorry in advance for the double post. I know how much we ALL hate "ETA asking doods", and I don't want this post to be thought of as that, but I wanted to ask something to Paul. I first decided to try Switch (wasn't even S-OFF yet) on December. When I got into the thread, I saw you wishing us all a nice christmas and new year's eve, saying that Beta 14 with KitKat was going to be released around new year, if I'm not mistaken, so I decided to wait.

What I did in the meantime, was S-OFF the hell out of my beloved One, and install ARHD GPe just to try GPe (and so far, I'm loving it, but I miss some Sense stuff, which is why I'm so into this), thinking that a few weeks later I was going to be enjoying some KitKat Switch love. What I want to know, more specifically, is if development is still on around that version with KitKat GPe and Sense 5.5. I like KitKat a lot, so I'm not willing to downgrade to try Switch (let's put it this way: I like KitKat more than I like 4.3 Sense 5.0).

I know you got your life to worry about, but just a "hey, still here!" would be great, so that we know a bit more about what's going on, if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks a LOT for your awesome work, Paul! Hope this doesn't fall as annoying :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest goatee

Is active development on Switch all finished? Looking at what ROM to install, and tempted by a few, but if you release KitKat for Switch, I'll be all over it like a rash :).

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest blackmore1989

guys, sorry for my English, I put the beta in 13 but I'm s-on, having hboot 1:57 can not get it to go to s-off, when I try to put my GPA back to sense, what can I do? sorry for my english