Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jackos2500

Anybody else having issues syncing Facebook contacts on GPe? (Sense works fine) Is it something to do with the fact that Sense has 'Facebook for HTC Sense' as well as the normal app?

Guest illmatic416

I managed to switch by doing a "regular" switch, which results in another boot into the OS you came from.

Then "adb shell su -c /etc/install_recovery.sh", that did the trick.

Flashing is exactly your problem; once you're on Switch, you can forget about normal flashing of kernels, but you have to proceed as Paul mentioned above:

Unzip the kernel-zip, copy boot.img to /system/SWITCH/(gpe|sense)/boot/, and copy everything that's under lib/modules (most likely) to the according directory in /system/SWITCH/(gpe|sense)/lib/modules.

Then perform a switch, and the kernel will be active, and it will stick.

That's because it install to the system partition, which are effectively seperate for each ROM.

P

Thanks for the help, I will give it another try. Also thanks again for providing this for us Paul, cheers!

Guest PaulOBrien

Anybody else having issues syncing Facebook contacts on GPe? (Sense works fine) Is it something to do with the fact that Sense has 'Facebook for HTC Sense' as well as the normal app?

Stock Android doesn't support Facebook contact syncing! Try HaxSync maybe?

P

Guest jackos2500

Stock Android doesn't support Facebook contact syncing! Try HaxSync maybe?

P

Oh yeah, forgot about that... Feel like a complete idiot now. I remember that I used HaxSync before on my Sensation with CM10.

Guest mathiias

That's because it install to the system partition, which are effectively seperate for each ROM.

P

That's what I figured, just kinda wanted confirmation on that.

Guest Jamalsid

Just wanted to say a quick thankyou for the beta invite. Just downloading everything now and then going to back-up everything and this installed.

Guest Skaddicted

Thanks a lot for the invite, Paul. Can't wait to get Switch on my device, currently downloading it.

EDIT: Installation worked fine. No problems so far on my S-On-Device. :)

EDIT: Everything is working so far. Awesome work, Paul!

Edited by Skaddicted

Guest mechanimal82

Am I being a wally? Is there a way to have Sense as the launcher on the Sense ROM, and Nova on the GE ROM? Each time I switch it asks me to select the default launcher.

I've disabled 'Launcher' on the GE ROM and also set an exclusion for Nova.

Bet I'm missing something simple aren't I?

Guest Lennyuk

Am I being a wally? Is there a way to have Sense as the launcher on the Sense ROM, and Nova on the GE ROM? Each time I switch it asks me to select the default launcher.

This will always happen unless you have the same launcher set as default on both - we just have to put up with it until a solution is found - Paul is working on it but it is proving a bit difficult (if not impossible).

Guest mechanimal82

This will always happen unless you have the same launcher set as default on both - we just have to put up with it until a solution is found - Paul is working on it but it is proving a bit difficult (if not impossible).

Ah. Thanks, I had a feeling this would be the case. Glad I'm not being a complete noob then :-)

Guest PaulOBrien

The solution to this would be to copy the Nova APK to /system/SWITCH/gpe/app (and any libs from the APK as required to the lib dir). Not user friendly exactly but it'd work. :)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

As promised, details on how to install Xposed.

A custom installation system is required for now due to Switch changes, simply do the following:

• Download and install this APK - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • Executed Xposed Installer from your launcher and click 'Install / Update'
  • Download this zip file and copy to your internal SD card - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • Install the downloaded zip from your custom recovery

That's it, you're done! :)

P

Guest NeidRider

Ah. Thanks, I had a feeling this would be the case. Glad I'm not being a complete noob then :-)

Well, there IS a way, as Paul just mentioned... I had Nova on GPE and Stock on Sense yesterday, without any popups.

What I did:

- disable stock-launcher in GPE

- reboot to recovery (adb reboot recovery)

- adb shell

- move /data/app/com.teslacoil.* to /system/SWITCH/gpe/app/ (Nova doesn't have any libs)

- reboot

- No more popups on either side, as Sense doesn't have Nova installed anymore.

Guest marmankites

Got everything working in the end... Fun times.

Confusion now lies in my phone storage, I seem to have two areas of my phone, new and old and I cannot get to the old. After installing fresh and booting into sense with no pictures/music etc my phone only has 8gb left.

The Download folder I see when I plug into the Mac is completely different to the download folder that rom manager sees?

Any ideas on how to get back my old data? Or get rid completely so I am back up to full storage?

Thanks

Guest Lennyuk

Got everything working in the end... Fun times.

Confusion now lies in my phone storage, I seem to have two areas of my phone, new and old and I cannot get to the old. After installing fresh and booting into sense with no pictures/music etc my phone only has 8gb left.

The Download folder I see when I plug into the Mac is completely different to the download folder that rom manager sees?

Any ideas on how to get back my old data? Or get rid completely so I am back up to full storage?

Thanks

Is this the first time you have had a 4.2.2 rom on your One?

Guest BaltRavens

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for the invite, downloading all the stuff now and then i will see your magic!!!

Is it recommended to go back to stock rom (2.24)???

Guest jehowe

A custom installation system is required for now due to Switch changes, simply do the following......

Thank you! Xposed & Toolkit are working beautifully now!

Guest IcOpRo

It takes the icons from the dock of the stock sense launcher, do you have icons in the dock there?

Yes my icons are on the dock on all the screen once I unlock the phone

Guest IcOpRo

Have you disabled the sense launcher perhaps?

Great! :)

An Xposed fix is to follow!

P

No Paul I still have not installed any Launcher, still running it bone stock since day 1 of flashing.

Guest DyManic

A custom installation system is required for now due to Switch changes, simply do the following:

• Download and install this APK - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • Executed Xposed Installer from your launcher and click 'Install / Update'
  • Download this zip file and copy to your internal SD card - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • Install the downloaded zip from your custom recovery

That's it, you're done! :)

P

Awesome Paul - installed without a hitch and have the Modaco Toolkit working too :D

Guest Lennyuk

Hi Yes it is the first time I have had 4.2.2

Then you should note that the internal storage (the 'sd card') has moved location

It used to be at /data/media/

now its at /data/media/0

0 being the master user (if you were to use androids multi-user abilities any additional users are assigned numbers from 1 onwards, each with their own 'sd card' space.

Use a file explorer on your phone copy everything from data/media (not the /0/ directory) to your pc.

Then copy everything from /data/media/0/

Then delete everything from /data/media/ (not the 0 directory!!) and then move everything back to /data/media/0/

then you are properly up and running from now onwards.