[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

Guest KonstaT

Guest epyloxias

Is there a way or script to give some kind of "boost" to loudspeaker? I tried many apps from Google Play but nothing...

The level of volume seems low... Same problem was in previus versions...

Thanks in advance. ;)

Guest komaislaw

KonstanT

Come on, stop begging donations

You are pathetic and whining like a dog

no one is forcing you to do ROMs. This is a public forum and registered members can appeal to their own way they want to and how many times they want

You're a conceited fool and roms you are doing just a phone call and stable only if you do not use alikacije

Shut up and work when you want, if not, no nonsense bribljaj

thanks[/quote

Ne tupi. ;-)

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Sorry for my stupid question, but KonstaT, which partitions do I have to wipe, if I updating an older version of this ROM?

In ClockWorkMod, wipe user data/factory reset then go to mounts & storage --> format /system.

Don't need to worry about Dalvik cache. Not needed. Good luck. You'll like the functionality of this ROM. That's a given.

Guest odmetnik81

This is the best ROM i've ever seen and tested, everything works perfect(at least apps that I use for my every day use..)

Try it yourself, you'll not regret it...

Thank you Konstat!!! Big F....N' THANKS, BRO!!!

If I'm not married, i could kiss you, chief... :)

Edited by odmetnik81

Guest boros2222

Konstat, please don't leave the miui for blade 3 topic. I know you don't support it, but I love miui and I have a problem with it. I can't fix myself. And I have a pretty good idea for new languages. Just check the topic, please.

For 4.3:

I flashed it again and those problems I posted before have gone. I think, it was something I messed up. There's no any reboot and works pretty well, but there are more FCs in apps. That's all.

Guest peetu20

In ClockWorkMod, wipe user data/factory reset then go to mounts & storage --> format /system.

Don't need to worry about Dalvik cache. Not needed. Good luck. You'll like the functionality of this ROM. That's a given.

Why should he wipe data? Rom can be updated just by flashing the new version, no need to wipe anything.

I dont think that installing everything again every week is nice hobby...

Guest shadowprince94

Why should he wipe data? Rom can be updated just by flashing the new version, no need to wipe anything.

I searched a bit, and find: Contrary to popular belief, there is no need

to wipe ANYTHING when you update CM.

This includes your cache partition, your

dalvik cache, and your battery stats. While

wiping these won’t hurt anything, you can

increase the time it takes to boot up CM

after you install the update. Android is smart

enough to manage both your cache and

dalvik cache without you intervening, and

wiping your battery stats does absolutely

nothing to help with your battery life (the

file is only used to provide the raw

information to provide the stats and graph in

Settings -> Battery) – it is actually wiped

automatically every time your device is

charged to 100%.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Simple. Its because he's coming from an older version. If he was wanting to reflash new version of 4.3, he could get away with dirty flashing. But I'm just assuming he's on CM10 or 10.1. You're right, reinstallation of all your apps is a pain in the rear.

charged to 100%.

Its not a popular belief. If you're coming from an older version (CM10/10.1) take the advice. If you meant to say that you're flashing a new BUILD, then that's different. You can just flash your ROM over top. But if it starts playing up, then KonstaT won't want to know about it (no wipe, no whine).

IIRC wiping dalvik cache wiped all my apps out of memory, leading me to installing them all again. Never bothered with it since.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest peetu20

Simple. Its because he's coming from an older version. If he was wanting to reflash new version of 4.3, he could get away with dirty flashing. But I'm just assuming he's on CM10 or 10.1. You're right, reinstallation of all your apps is a pain in the rear.

Its not a popular belief. If you're coming from an older version (CM10/10.1) take the advice. If you meant to say that you're flashing a new BUILD, then that's different. You can just flash your ROM over top. But if it starts playing up, then KonstaT won't want to know about it (no wipe, no whine).

IIRC wiping dalvik cache wiped all my apps out of memory, leading me to installing them all again. Never bothered with it since.

He said that he wants to update previous version of this rom, not from cm10/cm10.1.

And actually, updating from cm10 to cm10.1 without data wipe works fine too(I have always done that). But that MAY cause problems sometimes, so I dont recommend it, because devs, like KonstaT doesnt support you if you do that.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

He said that he wants to update previous version of this rom, not from cm10/cm10.1.

CM10/10.1 are previous versions. 20130921 is previous build. Don't know if he knows the difference. He didn't say.

And actually, updating from cm10 to cm10.1 without data wipe works fine too(I have always done that). But that MAY cause problems sometimes, so I dont recommend it, because devs, like KonstaT doesnt support you if you do that.

Use nothing but packages in the first post installed following instructions in the third post.

Ahem...

mounts and storage -> format /system
wipe data and factory reset

Let's not summon the perkele ;)

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest KonstaT

While on the camera subject.  Is it me doing something wrong?

I take pictures by holding the phone sideways.

When I try to view them in Gallery the phone will not allow me to view them sideways (landscape - as I took them).  It rotates them clockwise 90 degrees.

Can I stop / correct this?

Works fine for me and my Blade III has the same main camera sensor as Acquas (OV5640). Only scenario I can see this happening is if you've taken the photos with auto-rotate disabled.

Stock app front camera preview in portrait pefect.Picture correct.

tilting in landcape, the front camera tilts the other way (i see my ugly face flipped) but it takes the picture correctly. And this is what matters.

I'm happy with the work done, congratulations :D

On Camera 360, all correct.

So it's still not quite right. Did it make any difference compared to previous builds? Was it correct in landscape before? From what I understand, it's still exactly the same as it was before. I rotated the sensor 180 degrees, it's quite strange if it didn't affect anything.

charged to 100%.

Little research clearly paid off because everything in that post is correct. ;) +1 from me.

On the privacy of your own home you can do what ever you want with your device. :P If you want to report any possible issues here, you need to follow installation instructions on the third post. Even if you've used some ROM for months, it really doesn't take that long to make a nandroid backup in CWM and reproduce the issue on a clean install. This helps you 1) to provide steps how to reproduce the issue, 2) to rule out any issues caused by incompatible/misbehaving third party apps or other modifications to the system. This is because in general, vast majority of the issues reported here is because of an user error.

Works fine for me and my Blade III has the same main camera sensor as Acquas (OV5640). Only scenario I can see this happening is if you've taken the photos with auto-rotate disabled.

Auto-rotate is enabled.  That is why gallery rotates the pictures.  If I disable auto-rotate then gallery will not rotate the pictures and thus sideways are shown correctly.  Anyway the pictures taken are awful and I use the phone camera only for emergency, so it not a big deal.

On the first opportunity I will do a factory reset and check if what I get is because of bad settings from my part.

One more question.

I have 2 aqua phones.  I've upgraded both, without wipe, to 11.10 from the same previous versions.  One phone went straight to operation after the upgrade.  The other booted to the "welcome" setup wizard.  I thought it had "reset"  but after I exited the wizard phone was intact.  Just a random glitch?

Guest peterson1190

Hy konstaT,
Great work with the 4.3.1 but i have another issues E.G.

No headphone Icon , when i connect a headphone ( it doesn't have microphone) the phone turns off the built in mic, so i have to plug my headphone out to talk very annoying cause my old X8 can do it without any problems. The other is the battery , sometimes it is stuck in X% then it will rapidly drain or increase. On fresh install the Hungarian mobile data didn't work i have to install some package to make it work.
I will report if i find another bug to make the rom perfect :) 
Thanks for your reply ,

Keep up the good work :)

Edited by peterson1190

Guest David Prasad

If you mean instead of MTP mode (I detest it too), then go to Settings --> Storage --> menu button --> USB computer connection. There you just check Mass Storage mode. If your USB cable is connected then it will take you to USB mode screen. Pretty simple from there. Don't remove it without turning it off first! You'll risk your SD card playing up.

Thankyou so much :)

Guest KonstaT

Hy konstaT,

Great work with the 4.3.1 but i have another issues E.G.

No headphone Icon , when i connect a headphone ( it doesn't have microphone) the phone turns off the built in mic, so i have to plug my headphone out to talk very annoying cause my old X8 can do it without any problems. The other is the battery , sometimes it is stuck in X% then it will rapidly drain or increase. On fresh install the Hungarian mobile data didn't work i have to install some package to make it work.

I will report if i find another bug to make the rom perfect :) 

Thanks for your reply ,

Keep up the good work :)

There's a difference between bug reports and feature requests. ;)

There isn't even supposed to be a headset icon. Internal mic should be muted when headset/headphones is connected.

Your battery issues sound more like a hardware issue. Last I've heard of such issue it happened using stock ROM so it's likely hardware related.

You might have to manually set correct APN for some carriers if they are not included in the default APNs list. You shouldn't install any external packages to do that. Best solutions would be you to submit the missing APN config to CyanogenMod code review so this would get fixed for CM on all devices.

Guest peterson1190

Thans for your reply

I see the difference now :)

Are there any methods to keep alive mic when headphones are in?

I dont want to plug it out and in always :/ as i said my old x8 could reconise what i plugged in.

(if you answer use your old x8 then, No :D)

Uhm adobe app and officesuite : when i rotate it almost half of the screen goes black , i dont know if its bug with this rom or the app.

Edited by peterson1190

Guest odmetnik81

hey konstat, if possible.... can you insert the notification number over the icon.. as the IOS system? or as touchwiz of samsung.. in the default CM's rom?

EXAMPLE >>> https://hostr.co/WVeGRFRsSAjq

you have already that, just google for Apex LAuncher and Apex Notifier, download it, install it on your phone and you should be fine...

here is the example of my homescreen, I am using Apex launcher and Apex Notifier.

a18u4wkyvzvzbv2twgqt.png

Guest KonstaT

Are there any methods to keep alive mic when headphones are in?

I dont want to plug it out and in always :/ as i said my old x8 could reconise what i plugged in.

(if you answer use your old x8 then, No :D)

Not that I know of. I looked into it the last time it was asked and it's not going to happen.

hey konstat, if possible.... can you insert the notification number over the icon.. as the IOS system? or as touchwiz of samsung.. in the default CM's rom?

EXAMPLE >>> https://hostr.co/WVeGRFRsSAjq

Sure, with third party apps. E.g.

Iirc Nova Launcher also has that feature built in.

Edit. Oh, and apparently Apex too. See the post above.

Guest Something Wierd

This rom working on zte blade 3 Pro ?

No.If you try to flash it you'll end up with an expensive brick in your hands.Same goes with any room from the blade 3 forum.

Guest peetu20

No.If you try to flash it you'll end up with an expensive brick in your hands.Same goes with any room from the blade 3 forum.

Isnt it that rom just doesnt boot? Or will it really broke whole device. Never tested myself(And will never test :D).