[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Something Wierd

Our audio HAL makes no difference between wired headset (with mic) and wired headphones.

Ive bought some cheap headphones right before i leave on my summer vacation without testing them.Long story short they only work properly when the button thats on the headphones is pressed.Only worked properly on android 2.3 phones.I managed to fix the problem by using rubber bands :D and i'm too lazy to go out and buy new ones :P but will do it this week and give them to him because his broke.Just want to know if thats whats causing the problem. 

i've tried without installed gaps, same thing. Whiped data, whiped cashe, davlink cashe...and same thig again.

English

Aargh. Read the instructions in the third post!!!

You didn't format /system like instructed. There is a backup script for gapps that runs on install. You have the wrong gapps!

Guest NewUser8659

If you plug in headphones it treats it as a headset (with mic, thus muting built-in mic). It's expected behavior.

I have a patch floating around somewhere. I think I've already fixed it on CM10 (at least locally).

That's great! Hope to see it included in the ROM soon.

Guest MIKICH_BLAZ

You didn't format /system like instructed. There is a backup script for gapps that runs on install. You have the wrong gapps!

Yeas, i just wanted to say that i solved the problem that was caused because i didnt read the post i details, and i saw your repply. Thank you for your time. :)

Guest NewUser8659

Well, it does make a difference. The phone still detects my headphones as a headset, but now when I use SoundAbout to manually set it as "Wired headphones", the sound is no longer routed to the loudspeaker, but properly to the headphones. Now I can use Hi-Q MP3 recorder with the default settings to record with or without headphones, but I still cannot use headphone to make phone calls or Skype. Also the bundled Sound Recorder now crashes, though the patch might not have anything to do with that.

Still, this is progress.

Edit: Just a note. I'm not sure I applied the patch properly. I just booted to recovery and applied it without wiping data.

Edited by NewUser8659

Guest kresimirn

hi, i just (yesterday) installed rom 4.3, followed instructions on first post (dont know what to follow in 3rd page?), all works fine for now, it is a little bit laggy then borealis, maybe because this rom has more graphic then borealis, installed (in same time when the rom) wifi patch in 6 page, didnt disconnect yet, works fine.....

will play and install more apps so will see whats up....

147mb free ram....

konsta, if you can put cpumaster in stock (cant find it), will raise min. to 300. then will see how he behaves...

for now its ok.

thx

There's straight forward installation instructions in the third post. Where does it say to wipe twice (or wipe dalvik cache - it's useless)

There's installation instructions in the third post. It's the only way to install this ROM if you plan to write your impressions or report any possible issues in this thread. For about the millionth time - no wipe, no whine!

No such issue. You are not using packages from the first post (wrong gapps) and/or you didn't follow installation instructions in the third post.

No such issue. Install nothing but packages in the first post following instructions in the third post.

Use nothing but packages linked in the first post installed using instructions in the third post!

hi, i just (yesterday) installed rom 4.3, followed instructions on first post (dont know what to follow in 3rd page?), all works fine for now, it is a little bit laggy then borealis, maybe because this rom has more graphic then borealis, installed (in same time when the rom) wifi patch in 6 page, didnt disconnect yet, works fine.....

will play and install more apps so will see whats up....

147mb free ram....

konsta, if you can put cpumaster in stock (cant find it), will raise min. to 300. then will see how he behaves...

for now its ok.

thx

Huh, who's said anything about third page? You most definately should not be installing anything from page six! Any wifi patch I'm aware is for Acqua which is a different device!

I'm going to repeat this one more time and that's it! How difficult can it to be to follow simple instructions.

Use nothing but packages in the first post installed following instructions in the third post.

There's already performance setting included in the ROM (including CPU settings). Read the fricking third post!

Guest kresimirn

will play..i wrote......and yea didnt see about dev...sorry, dont be angry :)

wifi in borealis breaks up few times a day, when playing arcan legends, its so frustrating when u gonna kill boss, u spend 20min and wifi drops.......i used patch in page 6....playing with Net and AL, never ever dropped wifi....

im just curious (idk), is it possible to dualboot android and win8 ? like in PC win7/8,linux,etc

Guest NewUser8659

Just a small update: I did a clean install to make sure that there is no interference. I applied the patch after installing the ROM and before installing Gapps. The result - no change.
The phone still seems to think that I'm using a headset (Skype doesn't work and I have to select "rear microphone" in Hi-Q MP3 Recorder to make it work). Installing SoundAbout and making it ignore (the non-existant) headset microphone makes Hi-Q MP3 Recorder work properly but doesn't help with Skype, which I suppose is a problem with SoundAbout. But still, the phone should detect that I'm not using a headset with a microphone.
KonstaT, if the phone can't be made to detect headset microphone properly, can it be disabled altogether? I don't see a point of using a headset with this phone anyway since the built-in microphone is actually quite good, so people who have a headset wouldn't really lose anything.
I think that having to buy a headset for the phone really narrows the choice and using a separate adapter would just be bulky and inconvenient.

Guest GizmoTheGreen

Just a small update: I did a clean install to make sure that there is no interference. I applied the patch after installing the ROM and before installing Gapps. The result - no change.

The phone still seems to think that I'm using a headset (Skype doesn't work and I have to select "rear microphone" in Hi-Q MP3 Recorder to make it work). Installing SoundAbout and making it ignore (the non-existant) headset microphone makes Hi-Q MP3 Recorder work properly but doesn't help with Skype, which I suppose is a problem with SoundAbout. But still, the phone should detect that I'm not using a headset with a microphone.

KonstaT, if the phone can't be made to detect headset microphone properly, can it be disabled altogether? I don't see a point of using a headset with this phone anyway since the built-in microphone is actually quite good, so people who have a headset wouldn't really lose anything.

I think that having to buy a headset for the phone really narrows the choice and using a separate adapter would just be bulky and inconvenient.

except users that use a headset, as a headset, talking on phone with the actual phone in their pockets, like me?

Guest NewUser8659

@GizmoTheGreen

Well, it could still work. I've been experimenting with my old Nokia AD-54 headset and my current headphones. People can hear me when the headset mic is two thirds of a meter away, though I haven't tried putting it in my pocket. Personally I've no idea how I would use a headset with custom headphones. It seems too long and I'd still need to manually resume the audio book after a call, but that's just me.

Maybe KonstaT would be kind enough to give a new patch to us who prefer not to use a headset. :D

Guest sylv1du83

Hello all ! 

Waouh i'm glad ... this version is perfect and work like a charm :) !! thanks a lot  KonstaT!... I've just a little problem : i can't acces to my phone memorie when my phone is connected to my computer by usb. No problem with my SD card :/ ... suggestions ? there are people in the same situation ?

im just curious (idk), is it possible to dualboot android and win8 ? like in PC win7/8,linux,etc

Buh! First: who even uses win8? Second: Does our device have much power to run it? No. Third: Win8 is closed source so it cannot be ported legally.

I have read from Blade 1 site that SnapIT has purchased Blade 3, and he has hacked multiboot for Blade 1, so maybe we would some day get multiboot( Very nice feature for devs. In example I could use it, so when I should update my themes and mods, I just should boot to some of cm-roms, without flashing always whole thing again :))

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Jabra headset works like a champ. It doesn't work if I try using audio with it, but I don't believe it's supposed to. But I have to mention, there seems to be some kind of wake-lock on the telephony. I can't seem to wake it out of sleep mode without a bit of luck. It goes to sleep when I make a call (which is normal), but if I want to use the keypad for a in-call menu entry, I have to rely more on Lady Luck or Mr. Chance in order to get it to wake back up again. Most of the time I have to long-press (or short-press) the power button to summon it, but even that often doesn't work. Frustrating to say the least.

Pairing and file transfers are good to go, although I found that borrowing my Stock rom's build.prop entry of making my phone the master connection provider (I forgot the actual line - will edit in later), helps out a bit, much to the chagrin of the other telephone user (my oh-so estatic friends who wonder why I won't get them CyanogenMod on their iphones).

Edit: build.prop entry was: ro.bluetooth.request.master=true

Although my only other friend with CM(7) installed on his phone still seems to treat my phone as master even though I added the line into his build.prop also.

Wouldn't know how they sort each other out, but its a moot point.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest MiStAkEmSk

Hello everyone, 

i've just installed this ROM on a Momodesign MD Droid (Italian name for Acqua) followed by wifi fix and gapps.

Everything seems to work fine so far except for 2 things:

1 - Screen keeps flashing when i leave it in idle for a few seconds (sometimes it flashes just a little bit and sometimes pretty hard).

2 - I can't connect to my mobile phone network, also going to mobile network settings it gives an error about connecting to the network.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance.

Most humble suggestion to add it to the OP, Sir?

:lol:

That's basic knowledge of flashing custom ROMs, I shoudn't need to add that anywhere. It also says "for advanced users only" in the first post but I bet these noobs never even bother to read to the end of the first paragraph. ;)

Like said, it's expected behavior how it currently works. Internal mic shoud be muted when something is connected to headset jack. After looking into this, there isn't even any way to change that without hacking the kernel (not going to happen). It's not an 'issue' that can resolved by modifying audio HAL (it was missing output route I added previously).

And no one needs to buy a headset btw, there's one included in the box. ;)

Hello all ! 

Waouh i'm glad ... this version is perfect and work like a charm :) !! thanks a lot  KonstaT!... I've just a little problem : i can't acces to my phone memorie when my phone is connected to my computer by usb. No problem with my SD card :/ ... suggestions ? there are people in the same situation ?

Yes, everyone. It even says in the first post that USB storage works only on external sdcard.

You can't set internal emulated as secondary storage in Jelly Bean. That caused issues with games/apps that downloaded large amount of data to primary storage. Search the CM10 thread and read about the sh*tstorm I caused when I added it the last time...

Hello everyone, 

i've just installed this ROM on a Momodesign MD Droid (Italian name for Acqua) followed by wifi fix and gapps.

Everything seems to work fine so far except for 2 things:

1 - Screen keeps flashing when i leave it in idle for a few seconds (sometimes it flashes just a little bit and sometimes pretty hard).

2 - I can't connect to my mobile phone network, also going to mobile network settings it gives an error about connecting to the network.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance.

I can't provide support for your device. It's even different from Acquas because it was sold with gingerbread firmware. You should first update to ICS baseband but that can't be recommended because there's no safe way to go back to gingerbread. There's already been one bricked MD Droid because of this.

Guest MiStAkEmSk

I can't provide support for your device. It's even different from Acquas because it was sold with gingerbread firmware. You should first update to ICS baseband but that can't be recommended because there's no safe way to go back to gingerbread. There's already been one bricked MD Droid because of this.

I've tried all of your CM-based ROMs and all of them had the same problems so i decided to give it a try with ICS 4.0.4 Slovakia stock rom and everything works well, so i guess i'll keep it.

I've tried all of your CM-based ROMs and all of them had the same problems so i decided to give it a try with ICS 4.0.4 Slovakia stock rom and everything works well, so i guess i'll keep it.

Have you tried CyanogenMod after flashing the Slovak update? Official ZTE updates also contain modem/baseband/radio firmware and bootloaders that remain unchanged no matter which custom ROM you install after. You'd most definitely need ICS baseband for the RIL to work on CM.

Have you tried CyanogenMod after flashing the Slovak update? Official ZTE updates also contain modem/baseband/radio firmware and bootloaders that remain unchanged no matter which custom ROM you install after. You'd most definitely need ICS baseband for the RIL to work on CM.

How to flash this custom made CyanogenMod over the original ROM? 

Would you please supply a complete detailed instructions, how to.

Edited by Blow Jobs

Guest MJonMoDaCo

How to flash this custom made CyanogenMod over the original ROM? 

Would you please supply a complete detailed instructions, how to.

^^

I'm going to repeat this one more time and that's it! How difficult can it to be to follow simple instructions.

Use nothing but packages in the first post installed following instructions in the third post.

Most humble suggestion to add it to the OP, Sir?

:lol:

That's basic knowledge of flashing custom ROMs, I shoudn't need to add that anywhere. It also says "for advanced users only" in the first post but I bet these noobs never even bother to read to the end of the first paragraph. ;)

It'd be orsum amayz great if they bothered to read at all!

Edit: Seriously, go to the first page, then read the third post. If it makes no sense, then you are NOT ready. He did say they were simple instructions - because that's all that's needed. Have you installed Clockworkmod (recovery console)? If the answer is no, then you have no business being here until you have, and understand its main functions. Otherwise the third post may as well be written in Martian.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest navuhodonosors

Hi KonstaT, thanks again for great work on last update, just one thing, you might want to change MD5 info on first page to 1f51b5cc6370c1f45dc951109b6ce6ed for gapps.

Thanks   :) .