[ROM][JB 4.3] Jenkins CM10.2 build

Guest SingleWolf

It works thanks :-) 

Calibration is to be found in "Settings -> Device/More... -> ZTE Skate Settings"

For info, I updated the GAPPs I posted earlier:

gapps-4.3-stripped-20130924-bazyx.zip

The changes are in the updater-script.

The difference is that more ".apk" files are removed during installation. This reflects my personal preferences and might not be adapted to everyone's use. These are mostly apps that can be installed again via Play Store and live wallpapers (do you really need those on our feeble Skate?)

List of apk in /system/app/ that are removed in this new version. Calendar.apk
Email.apk
Galaxy4.apk
HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk
LiveWallpapers.apk
MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
NoiseField.apk
PhaseBeam.apk
SoundRecorder.apk
VisualizationWallpapers.apk

List of apk in /system/app/ that were already removed by the original script:
Provision.apk
QuickSearchBox.apk

Note: There were some other apks deleted by the original script but they were not present anyway, so I cleaned those out.

Thanks for the GAPPS package, however, after several attempt to get a fresh install done, I realised that Provision.apk is essential for a full re-install, because it is the new phone setup wizard.

I'm up and running. Re-flashed the ROM and all is good.

Using the build dated 23 Nov, and surprised how small a footprint it has... system is only 190MB. Wish I had created a 200MB partition for system rather than 220MB. I might yet start again!

Question - does this ROM include Google Now? I was hoping for a hacked version like we have on the Blade. If not, can the version on the Blade be installed on the Skate?

Thanks for the GAPPS package, however, after several attempt to get a fresh install done, I realised that Provision.apk is essential for a full re-install, because it is the new phone setup wizard.

Provision.apk is replaced with SetupWizard.apk by the GAPPs zip.

New version of the GAPPS up, by the way: 

gapps-4.3-stripped-20131118-bazyx.zip 11.8 MB

Updated with the latest PA 4.3 GAPPs. They will not be further updated so you will need to include further updates in your /system partition youself (using Link2SD or Titanium backup or another one)

Please note that this GAPPs WILL replace LatinIME.apk with a trimmed down version containing only English dictionary. Just remove that file from the zip if you do not want that.
Edited by bAzYx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest maharzzz

I'm still wondering how it will works fine on my skate but anybody could plz arrange the order of installation process. I'm still trying to install this rom but I'm afraid of hardbrick

OFF:

for information

After setup the source trees with skate source and manage some fixes I just compiled kitkat for skate from androidarmv6 source. Looks like same problem here then other armv6 device that some neccessary files not compiled :o. So did not even try to install because it unnecessary.

For example settings.apk phone.apk and some others and if i know right maybe recovery need fixes for smaller size that we can falsh it.

Flashed, stuck on the android logo :(

hope we can run one day

ON

Edited by fagyi

Guest droidbittin

Cool i found my Skate like last month would be cool to run Kitkat on it, but i am more and more thinking of jumping ship to something newer and give this to my grandad with stock on it :P 

Edited by droidbittin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all! Try to flash this 4.3.1 last night and found that i can't connect to my wi-fi router, until switched from 'N mode only' to 'b/g/n mixed'. On the previous CM 7.2.0 all work fine and shows connection speed 65mb\s except 54mb\s with this one... 

Provision.apk is replaced with SetupWizard.apk by the GAPPs zip.

New version of the GAPPS up, by the way: 

gapps-4.3-stripped-20131118-bazyx.zip 11.8 MB

Updated with the latest PA 4.3 GAPPs. They will not be further updated so you will need to include further updates in your /system partition youself (using Link2SD or Titanium backup or another one)

Please note that this GAPPs WILL replace LatinIME.apk with a trimmed down version containing only English dictionary. Just remove that file from the zip if you do not want that.

Can you  upload it to another mirror ? 

Hi all! Try to flash this 4.3.1 last night and found that i can't connect to my wi-fi router, until switched from 'N mode only' to 'b/g/n mixed'. On the previous CM 7.2.0 all work fine and shows connection speed 65mb\s except 54mb\s with this one... 

Can you  upload it to another mirror ? 

Sorry, I'm not using the skate anymore. :blink:  I moved over to FairPhone...  :D  

The last version I made of these gapps was based on the goo.im 4.3 gapps http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

Note: the most recent PA Gapps do not work anymore. I don't know why.

You just need to remove these folders/files for it to fit:

optional

install_optional.sh

system/lib

system/tts
system/usr

And in the \system\app directory path, keep only the apks below at the minimum (you can get gmail, g+ and others from the google market)
ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
ConfigUpdater.apk
GoogleBackupTransport.apk
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleFeedback.apk
GoogleLoginService.apk
GoogleOneTimeInitializer.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
GoogleServicesFramework.apk
MediaUploader.apk
NetworkLocation.apk
Phonesky.apk