[ROM][JB 4.3] Jenkins CM10.2 build

Guest SingleWolf

Guest SingleWolf

Yesterday Jenkins has made at least 3 successful experimental builds of CM10.2: http://jenkins.androidarmv6.org/job/android-experimental/ , so we can believe into stable 4.3 for our Skates  ;)
So, I will ask Tilal as a one of major ROM developers:
1. Which TPT shall be used for this builds?
2. Current state of project (stability, broken functionality) and chances to fix (if any) into further builds?
3. Int2ext compatibility?

Project was moved into jenkins stable project branch. Correct link is: http://jenkins.androidarmv6.org/job/android/

Edited by SingleWolf

Guest djchena

I and other members of htcmania.com tested early versions last night, it works better than expected, honestly, but we had too many reboots: when you enter the pin reboots, when connecting to wifi reboots ....

Also notice that the camera does not work yet.

Still, it works very well for early versions, not very smooth yet, but in a few days will be more optimized to run well on our skate.

Guest tilal6991

It works decently TBH. The latest build at least (15/08). However, RIL seems to crash continuously. No idea how to even start fixing the crashes.

Guest SingleWolf

OK, thanks for answer.

One more off-topic question: last month recovery builds on jenkins seems to be unuseable due to exceeds Skate's recovery partition size. Is it really so?

Guest tilal6991

OK, thanks for answer.

One more off-topic question: last month recovery builds on jenkins seems to be unuseable due to exceeds Skate's recovery partition size. Is it really so?

Yes

Guest omegavesko

I'm actually surprised how well it works. It's not laggy like the early CM10 and CM10.1 builds were.

The camera actually works (the preview shows up fine), but the camera app crashes when you open it. I don't think that should be a particularly difficult fix.

Overall, I'm impressed. :)

xZtOEPsl.png

Guest d0d0o0

I'm actually surprised how well it works. It's not laggy like the early CM10 and CM10.1 builds were.

The camera actually works (the preview shows up fine), but the camera app crashes when you open it. I don't think that should be a particularly difficult fix.

Overall, I'm impressed. :)

xZtOEPsl.png

do u have more screenshots .. ?

and what about bluetooth , wifi and else .... ??

Guest omegavesko

do u have more screenshots .. ?

and what about bluetooth , wifi and else .... ??

I only tested it for a few minutes, I'm already back on CM7. I didn't even try connecting to the internet, but I confirmed camera doesn't work.

It looks basically identical to 4.2. They didn't really change much, most of the new stuff is performance increases etc.

Guest tilal6991

I only tested it for a few minutes, I'm already back on CM7. I didn't even try connecting to the internet, but I confirmed camera doesn't work.

It looks basically identical to 4.2. They didn't really change much, most of the new stuff is performance increases etc.

Wait a minute. How is ril working for you? I'm really confused now.

Guest omegavesko

Wait a minute. How is ril working for you? I'm really confused now.

Huh. I wasn't even paying attention to whether it was working, to be honest. That's strange.

I didn't bother setting the APN, though - it was just set to whatever the default was (meaning data didn't work). Maybe that's why? I didn't try calls or SMS.

Guest omegavesko

Bluetooth should work the same as it did on CM10.1. They added a couple of neat features to it, but it's still using the same Bluetooth stack.

Guest AdamisHun

Ohhohoooo, c'mon baby! :D 4.3 on my Skate - unbelievable! :wub:

Wait.. What about partitions (system and cache)? I'm on 230 MB system and 2 MB cache with a CM10.1 (C3C0's PJ3)

Edited by AdamisHun

Guest omegavesko

Ohhohoooo, c'mon baby! :D 4.3 on my Skate - unbelievable! :wub:

Wait.. What about partitions (system and cache)? I'm on 230 MB system and 2 MB cache with a CM10.1 (C3C0's PJ3)

I've got a 200MB /system and it seemed to work fine. I didn't flash gapps, though.

Guest SingleWolf

omegavesko

Are you try latest nightly? Cannot understand why superuser won't work for me: no any request for root permission from apps, external superuser app says there is no root and can't update builtin su...

Guest omegavesko

omegavesko

Are you try latest nightly? Cannot understand why superuser won't work for me: no any request for root permission from apps, external superuser app says there is no root and can't update builtin su...

I haven't tried it. Did you enable root access for apps in the settings?

Guest djchena

Is "cooper" OK for the Skate? Because there are "cooper", "skate" and "gio".

Is it the latest build? 08.15

cooper = Samsung Galaxy Cooper

gio = Samsung Galaxy Gio

i think not compatible with the skate, but i not test to install :P