[DEV][ROM][OFFICIAL][4.3]PAC-Man ROM V4.3.Build-1 - 1-11-13

Guest robt77

It's the middle one, i guess ? :) I would really like to try out the Hallo and PIE features. Anyway, i had your other PAC release installed on my device like 3 hours ago - absolutely loved it, so much costumization in one place (except that i am missing the PA options submenu) it takes a lot of work to get that far, so i only have to say GREAT JOB MAN!! CHEERS and if you come to Bulgaria - you have some beers on me :)

The only version that doesn't have pie/halo is the job 4.12. Have got a private build of KitKat version but PAC-man team not released it for public builds yet but it should be soon. Live in England if you listen to our stupid government/press everyone from Bulgaria will be coming here....

Guest stoyantenev

Erhm, just noting, no system sounds at all ? :)

Some sounds here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1wc63bxuaea82cy/-UlxSLNbQY

Thanks goes to: Teichopsia from XDA forums.

Just done:

adb shell

su

cd /system/media/sounds/notifications

ls

And i see it's all there ?!? I can't see them in sound option thou, can't assign a sound as a ringtone, list is empty..

Also i noticed that i can't assign a ringtone using the File Explorer. I mean, using FE i navigated to /system/media/sounds/ringtone and opened one of the ringtones via Apollo, then options - assign as a ringtone. Exit the Apollo and tried to call myself from another phone - nothing, just the vibration...

Should i do a logcat and post it or something ?

Please help!

Edited by stoyantenev

Erhm, just noting, no system sounds at all ? :)

Some sounds here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1wc63bxuaea82cy/-UlxSLNbQY

Thanks goes to: Teichopsia from XDA forums.

Just done:

adb shell

su

cd /system/media/sounds/notifications

ls

And i see it's all there ?!? I can't see them in sound option thou, can't assign a sound as a ringtone, list is empty..

Also i noticed that i can't assign a ringtone using the File Explorer. I mean, using FE i navigated to /system/media/sounds/ringtone and opened one of the ringtones via Apollo, then options - assign as a ringtone. Exit the Apollo and tried to call myself from another phone - nothing, just the vibration...

Should i do a logcat and post it or something ?

Please help!

That is very strange, assume you did a full wipe before installing? To be honest I need to do another build of this and hopefully that will fix it, should get the build done later on in the week

Guest stoyantenev

Affirmative sir, i did a full wipe as instructed. IDK.. Not sure, but i think this is happening only to me.. (no one else has reported that kind of problem) i tried searching google and he sent me go and buy myself a donut and a coffee :D

oh, and the sounds packs from the above links are worth reviewing :)

Edited by stoyantenev

Guest stoyantenev

Another few bugs.. I browsed through the rest of the ROMs avail. for our devices and the most common problem is that they can't turn ON bluetooth, but your ROM is different.. Well enough kidding, my problem is that i can't turn OFF bluetooth :D :D :D

After little messing with the settings i found the solution: If you can't turn off your Bluetooth via Menu>settings>bluetooth, you can do so, by going to the menu>settings>pac-man>statusbar toggles>Tiles and layout>add the bluetooth button. Voila, now you can turn on/off bluetooth from the statusbar pulldown :)

To assign a notification sound for Message, go to Menu>Message>push menu button(leftmost)>settings>scroll down to see Sound>Click and select - there you go :)

Edited by stoyantenev

Another few bugs.. I browsed through the rest of the ROMs avail. for our devices and the most common problem is that they can't turn ON bluetooth, but your ROM is different.. Well enough kidding, my problem is that i can't turn OFF bluetooth :D :D :D

After little messing with the settings i found the solution: If you can't turn off your Bluetooth via Menu>settings>bluetooth, you can do so, by going to the menu>settings>pac-man>statusbar toggles>Tiles and layout>add the bluetooth button. Voila, now you can turn on/off bluetooth from the statusbar pulldown :)

To assign a notification sound for Message, go to Menu>Message>push menu button(leftmost)>settings>scroll down to see Sound>Click and select - there you go :)

Thanks for the info, hopefully a clean build should fix those issues, as per 4.2 should be done over next week or so barring any issues

Guest stoyantenev

Thanks for the info, hopefully a clean build should fix those issues, as per 4.2 should be done over next week or so barring any issues

I would be glad if i can help in anyway possible. Unfortunetly my coding skills are equal to null.. But if there is anything else - i will be more than glad to help!

Day three.

Well, last night i was messing with all the aditional settings that your ROM has :D Then the device started acting slowly, then i had done a good couple'o'restarts and everything is okay - fixed by itself, the sounds, the rebely bluetooth button and all :D

Edited by stoyantenev

Guest stoyantenev

Hey man, i had this really nice "Call Answer Vibrate" feature on the stock android my device came with, my question is, can i use that to bring the feature back ?

public void onCallStateChanged(int state, String incomingNumber) {
    Log.i("CALL_STATE changed " ,"phoneState");

switch (state) {
    case TelephonyManager.CALL_STATE_IDLE:
        Log.i("IDLE","CALL_STATE_IDLE");

break;

case TelephonyManager.CALL_STATE_OFFHOOK:

Vibrator mVibrator = (Vibrator) mcontext.getSystemService(mcontext.VIBRATOR_SERVICE);

mVibrator.vibrate(250);
         break;

case TelephonyManager.CALL_STATE_RINGING:
        Log.i("RINGING","CALL_STATE_RINGING");
        break;

default:
        Log.d("TAG", "Unknown phone state=" + state);
    }
}

Guest aleksandar069

Hey man, i had this really nice "Call Answer Vibrate" feature on the stock android my device came with, my question is, can i use that to bring the feature back ?

public void onCallStateChanged(int state, String incomingNumber) {
    Log.i("CALL_STATE changed " ,"phoneState");

switch (state) {
    case TelephonyManager.CALL_STATE_IDLE:
        Log.i("IDLE","CALL_STATE_IDLE");

break;

case TelephonyManager.CALL_STATE_OFFHOOK:

Vibrator mVibrator = (Vibrator) mcontext.getSystemService(mcontext.VIBRATOR_SERVICE);

mVibrator.vibrate(250);
         break;

case TelephonyManager.CALL_STATE_RINGING:
        Log.i("RINGING","CALL_STATE_RINGING");
        break;

default:
        Log.d("TAG", "Unknown phone state=" + state);
    }
}
Open your Phone... Menu... Settings... And there you can enable feature...... ;)

Guest stoyantenev

Open your Phone... Menu... Settings... And there you can enable feature...... ;)

And where exactly ? C'mon, guide me step by step ;)

Thank you - you've been very helpfull.

Edited by stoyantenev

Guest aleksandar069

And where exactly ? C'mon, guide me step by step ;)

Phone (mean phone dialer)... You know... The app when usually using them to call your mom to tell her to make you cake... ;)))

• 1 month later...
Guest BastardRacoon

Apps keep crashing all the time and it is bit slow (u notice that when u are trying to watch videos on youtube). Sorry, I'm gonna chanche this...

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest Le Cosaque

Link in description is not working, anyone can send new one? :)

Dude, please, read all the comments in the thread... Two or three posts above you, you will see that a working link has been posted. I hate when people just post comments wanting something before reading every comment that has already been posted in the thread. Post only after you have searched the forum comment by comment. It will take you less time that I took the devs to build the rom. And if they can do that, you can just read :)

Guest Le Cosaque

So I installed it a couple of hours ago, so far so good. I've found no bugs and my bluetooth Nokia BH-503 headset works perfectly with this rom. Great job!