Beta 2: MoDaCo.SWITCH S4 i9505 support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mniewiera

Hi Paul,

i backed the "The fashionable option" on Indiegogo.

Is there any ETA when i can upgrade my Account to Gold?

Just wondering, will apps2sd be possible with the Touchwiz Rom with switch alongside or will be possible on either Roms - What will the file system layout look like, very interesting...

I'm also interested if the app2sd function that samsung implemented will work with the original ROM or even the Google Play Edition?

I can't live without it anymore. I moved all the big and not so often used apps to my SD Card. Otherwise they wouldn't fit all on the builtin Storage.

Edited by mniewiera

Guest Skyrocket911

Hi Paul,

Will the switch ever support the GS4 Active? The switch program seems awesome and would love to have it on the Active. I apologize if this is a dumb or simply answered question. Thanks!

Guest toxicpaulution

Sneak preview! :)

P

So how is this suppose to work with AT&T? I know you said something about kernels and such but for us on AT&T we need to flash a file after we flash most roms because it is the bootloader bypass. Did you think of a way to incorporate it? And also are you going to give us instructions if we wanna swap the tw rom out for another two rom? Or the GPe for an aosp rom? Just curious as I am sure I'm not the only one with questions lol :) looking great so far

Guest Sjokoprins

Just the ROMs provided initially, compatibility with others to follow!

P

Right now using wanamlite v1.4 4.2.2 for i9505.

So i need to revert back to stock samsung rom before using the switch.

Before using the switch, can i root the stock rom? or does the modaco.switch provide root?

If it will be the same as the HTC one version i can stay on the Wanamlite rom because it is already rooted and has cwm recovery!

So then i probably only have to install the SWITCH-rom after i did a data-wipe.

Oh well i guess we will find out soon :) !!

Edited by Sjokoprins

Guest homen3

Hi,

I'm an Android developer and I'm really interested to donate and test this tool. (I didn't know about the Indiegogo funding)

Is there a way to donate and get the developer preview rom?

Thanks in advance

Guest Babau!

Hey Paul!

I am an idiot and missed out on the indiegogo fundraiser as well! Is there anyway I can still donate and get in on the pre-release as well please?!?!

+1

Guest atmasphere

I'm really psyched for this ... and supported the indiegogo!

My AT&T S4 currently thinks it's a GT-I9505G thanks to the GPe ROM I flashed recently. Is this going to be an issue with the flashing here?

Also does the GPe side of Switch get to see data that's on the SD Card? One of the things I really miss is access to the card from everywhere - the camera in particular.

Guest Sjokoprins

So is it correct to assume there will be 1 big file to download which contains the samsung rom, modaco.switch and GPe rom?

And to flash this file from cwm recovery?

Guest PaulOBrien

So is it correct to assume there will be 1 big file to download which contains the samsung rom, modaco.switch and GPe rom?

And to flash this file from cwm recovery?

2 big files flashed from recovery (I recommend TWRP). Everything is uploading now. :D

P

Guest mdingemanse

2 big files flashed from recovery (I recommend TWRP). Everything is uploading now. :D

P

Ok so i need to go to stock samsung rom, and flash with TWRP ?

Guest Andy Angell

Still confused............If we have to flash two files from recovery then we can start on any rom it should not make a difference should it?

Edited by Andy Angell

Guest mdingemanse

Installing stock samsung rom with TWRP flashed....HOLY CRAP! Thought i bricked my s4...:/

Needed to install multiple times stock rom and twrp to finally get it to boot....